AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously there is no required registration for guns in Wisconsin? HTH do they trace weapons to crimes? Any fool could acquire one beside just stealing one. Scary stuff indeed!
If LE has the gun they contact the ATF operation in WV with make, model and serial number of the gun. Processing time is usually a week. However, there is no cross reference to a name which means they can't take 'James Closs' and tell you what guns he has purchased.

Any wise and responsible gun owner would keep weapons in a safe under lock and key, especially with a teenager in the house, which is likely why they were in the basement. I still can’t imagine that if James owned rifles and kept them in the basement that he wouldn’t have had a handgun within closer proximity in case of emergency. Common sense in this day and age IMHO
Especially rural and on a highway. Also all sorts of varmits in the rural areas.

Question --and this isn't off topic I swear--can you locate a person through a uploaded photo? Like on Facebook? I was reading about the correlation of voyeurism to serial killing and I uncovered the following. It stated that a perp could locate a victim through their pictures online. As in their GPS coordinates embedded in the photos. Is that true? How would that happen? TIA

I think they said no footprints at all, jmo...

I meant evidence transfer more than actual footprint. Eg: you get gravel or dirt from your footwear stuck on the sole and enter the home. Some dirt shakes out on entry and leaves a transfer of evidence. If (big if) the parents and Jayme removed footwear at the door consistently they may not track trace evidence in from outside. But a perp might. It’s just an example of what I mean not literal. Also Molly the dog may have the same thing happen (she brings in a few specs of dirt on entering the home)....

I’m just thinking no footprints doesn’t mean no trace transfer evidence... kinda hoping for trace. Maybe perp was kind enough to introduce some transfer evidence that could be somehow used to tie him to the scene? Maybe a cat hair from him clothes from some odd cat? Or a oh idk... you get the idea...

Was it reported he just bought one? I had not read that.
No. Someone suggested that and the next one to respond added to it.
Crazy how easy a rumor can start from a post where someone suggested he may have bought a handgun.

1)What if James bought mini donuts that day.
2) I heard James had boughten mini donuts that day.
3) why did James buy mini donuts when they brought cake home from birthday party.
4) James really had a sweet tooth as he had birthday cake and also bought mini donuts.

Just saying.....

Crazy how easy a rumor can start from a post where someone suggested he may have bought a handgun.

3) why did James buy mini donuts when they brought cake home from birthday party.
4) James really had a sweet tooth as he had birthday cake and also bought mini donuts.

Just saying.....
5) did anyone look into his dentist and see where he/she was that night?

Just saying.....
You're right...I think it's perfectly logical he had a hand gun in the house. All guns are not used to kill people. I don't know many people who do not have one. I wouldn't think of traveling alone without one, especially at night.

5) did anyone look into his dentist and see where he/she was that night?
Well, if someone can theorize that the killer was late for work and lost his job because he had to stop behind a bus picking up Jayme for school so he decided to brutally murder her parents and abduct her, then why not theorize that a dentist flew into a murderous rage after he discovered one of his clients was consuming too much sugar and ruining his teeth? ;)

Well, if someone can theorize that the killer was late for work and lost his job because he had to stop behind a bus picking up Jayme for school so he decided to brutally murder her parents and abduct her, then why not theorize that a dentist flew into a murderous rage after he discovered one of his clients was consuming too much sugar and ruining his teeth? ;)
Exactly!

OR... how about the conspiracy involving corporate espionage and those evil turkey overlords at Butterball? Just sayin...

But why would the dentist want to kill for patient having “bad” teeth when he/she will make more money from patient in the long run. This is where I’m confused.

Full Disclosure to mods.....

Just “showing” how a suggestion can get morphed into something a long ways from where it started.
All apologies.

I was being facetious. But if the person was absolutely bonkers then you never know. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aeb29