AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bunch of multi quote replies selected and they are gone :(. Trying to remember the points I planned to make...

1) I thought of something horrible. What if she was raped at the house, possibly by more than one perp, and they took her to hide their DNA? In that instance, I would hope they would be doing grid searches, because I don’t think that would turn out with a good ending

2) if police didn’t see any cars on the way to their house, I would think the opposite direction would be the path taken. Have we checked a map for convenience stores or gas stations, or any other business that would be likely to have cameras?

I haven't been to Barron in a long time, but it is rather rural.

Of course it could have been for anything-new car, home improvement...I do wonder what the $13,000 equity loan was taken for last year. Their home value is under $100,000, so that’s a pretty decent amount to take vs home value. I don’t think they had any other real estate like a cabin, right? Did they buy something valuable that someone else may have wanted?

The PC today and other details have only furthered my belief that:

- Jayme made the 911 call from inside the home shortly before she was taken
- There is a single perp that did this and getting Jayme was the ultimate goal
- The crime was sexually motivated or some kind of stalker who wanted to have and/or possess Jayme

What I don't know is whether this was someone she knew; either casually or otherwise. Could likely be a local who knew the family and was stalking Jayme. Totally random abductions like that, especially in a place that's as rural as Barron County are very rare so I'm going with someone who at least knew of her and wanted to have her.

Praying that whoever has her is still coveting her and thus she's out there and can be returned safely. :(

The PC today and other details have only furthered my belief that:

- Jayme made the 911 call from inside the home shortly before she was taken
- There is a single perp that did this and getting Jayme was the ultimate goal
- The crime was sexually motivated or some kind of stalker who wanted to have and/or possess Jayme

What I don't know is whether this was someone she knew; either casually or otherwise. Could likely be a local who knew the family and was stalking Jayme. Totally random abductions like that, especially in a place that's as rural as Barron County are very rare so I'm going with someone who at least knew of her and wanted to have her.

Praying that whoever has her is still coveting her and thus she's out there and can be returned safely. :(
Yeah. I tend to agree with you on all of this. I still am open to the possibility of some sort of previous online relationship as well.

Maybe I read way too many crime books but if you look at a satellite photo of the property there are some train tracks right in back of their house. I don't know that hobos are still a thing or if transients have guns but this girl disappeared to *somewhere*.

Just something that jumped out at me when I was looking at the area.
Well, we had an itinerant train jumper commit a murder in Lexington and others across the country not that many years ago. It's not out of the realm of possibility. People do still jump trains.

‘It is right next door’: Barron community in shock over couple’s slaying in early morning hours

Shots at 12:31, but no 911 call until 1 a.m. No one hunts at night...why not call right away?
It is odd, however it was late at night and some folks could have been fast asleep.
When people live in a safe neighborhood like Barron they usually aren't honed in on crime/guns/violence and assume a "pop" in the dark of night is a backfiring vehicle/fireworks etc.
MOO.

Barron is pretty surrounded by small creeks and rivers. This would make it impossible for ATV. I don't think that an ATV could be used now.

I can see you being a successful homicide detective in 15 years! You're very articulate for your age and obviously love sleuthing. Go for your dreams girl, you appear dedicated and intelligent enough to make them happen!

BBM

They may have been but it is still unknown as to when Jayme left the house in relation to when the 911 call was placed.
At the 5:35 minute mark of the press conference the Sheriff answers a question ...

"... and we believe Jayme was home based on the evidence in our case ... um ... some of it ... in that 911 call and some it is still part of the active investigation"

It leads me to think that since the 911 call was characterized as yelling and in the earliest statement about the call was that someone in the background said "help" then something else in the content of the call has to indicate she was there and to me that means at the time of the call. Your mileage may vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie