AMBER ALERT WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Deputies responded to a residence on Highway 8 east of Barron that was asking for help shortly before 1 a.m. When deputies arrived, they found two deceased adults. Jayme Closs, 13, is considered "missing and endangered." Jayme is described as 5' tall, 100 pounds and has green eyes and blond or strawberry blond hair.

2 dead, 13-year-old girl missing in Barron County, Wisconsin

Jayme%20Closs_1539605722558.jpg_6224138_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Thread #1 - AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered*

Thread #2 - AMBER ALERT - WI - Jayme Closs, 13, Barron, missing after parents found shot to death, 15 Oct 2018 *endangered* #2

Last edited:
Could this be random? Could this be a gang initiation gone wrong? Or gone as planned?

Here are few thoughts, just my opinion on possible scenarios:

Targeted - maybe a rumor of money or drugs in the house. They break in, there are no drugs or money, they interrogate, things go wrong, they take JC

Targeted - they are after JC - it seems very extreme for this. She could have been abducted many different ways.

Targeted - vendetta or revenge against the family

Random - robbery, gang initiation or crime of opportunity

MOO

Targeted - vendetta or revenge against the family

This is the only one that makes any sense. My feeling is that it may have been a boyfriend that may have been threatened by the parents. He came back and took care of them and is now on the run with Jayme.

Where could a 13 year old go with no car in the cold weather?

She is together with someone she wants to be with?
Yes, an older love interest. My theory is that he was over earlier and discovered by the parents who may have threatened statutory rape charges. He left through Jayme's bedroom window, then returned with a gun. Of course MOO.

Attendees were given blue and green ribbons to honor 13-year-old Jayme Closs, a day after the teen vanished from her home in Barron, Wisconsin, where her parents were found dead.

Blue is Jayme’s favorite color and green is a symbol for missing children, organizers said.

“Everyone is feeling very helpless right now,” Melissa Salmonson, a family friend who attended the vigil, told Madison ABC affiliate WKOW. “I think being able to come together as family and friends and being able to pray together, and maybe just feel like those prayers are helping in some way will maybe just make us feel a little better.”
I’ll be honest, I’m struggling. I don’t have some of the answers that I want to give you, that I want to give the family,” Fitzgerald said at a press conference Tuesday. “I’ve never seen anything like this in rural Wisconsin. We just don’t see this.”
Wisconsin community holds vigil for missing girl Jayme Closs | MyCentralOregon.com

The post a few posts ago which interviewed friends was totally sparse.

Maybe parents would not give permission for interviews.

She was in activities so I would think there would be more kids that would say something.

That age is so dramatic, but no info

@OneQ84 wrote:
"Just checked the map... there's a cell tower just north of their house... I assume they had service"

Dear @OneQ84,

Thank you for finding the information that a cell tower is close to their house!

The cell dump (CSLI) could provide answers for the L.E.

I am hoping that the F.B.I. have already received the cell-site location information (CSLI).

Yes, an older love interest. My theory is that he was over earlier and discovered by the parents who may have threatened statutory rape charges. He left through Jayme's bedroom window, then returned with a gun. Of course MOO.

I'm sorry but I just don't see a love interest there at all. There is absolutely no indication of this.

Catching up. What's this about the front door being shot in?
This comes from a single sentence in a CBS News story.

As hunt for Wisconsin teen presses on, details about how parents were killed expected today

Family members told CBS News in a telephone interview that the front door of the family’s home was shot in.

No idea who those family members are nor how they would know such information. Per the Sheriff yesterday in one of the press conferences he said the family asked for privacy. So, this might not be a family member that is close. And I doubt that law enforcement is providing any details of the crime scene to the family considering they say they don't have any suspects identified.

Dogs were used to search the entire scene.
If JC was in the woods she would have been found by now. I don't want to say this, but if she wasn't alive, the dogs would have probably hit on that scent.
If she was hiding in there, she would have heard the activity of the officers by yesterday, if not earlier.
Someone's car has to be missing, for if she walked away, the dogs would most likely have picked up that scent. (or if the scenario is deadly, the car has been going thru a thorough cleaning by now)
Jayme are you injured? Or are you on the run?
Or both?
If you know where Jayme is, let someone know. 911 or 715-537-3106
This is accelerating way too fast.
Hoping and praying,
Chi

The post a few posts ago which interviewed friends was totally sparse.

Maybe parents would not give permission for interviews.

She was in activities so I would think there would be more kids that would say something.

That age is so dramatic, but no info
There is a video interview in a restaurant/diner with a friend of Jayme's out there that is a few minutes long. I will see if I can find it.

This comes from a single sentence in a CBS News story.

As hunt for Wisconsin teen presses on, details about how parents were killed expected today

No idea who those family members are nor how they would know such information. Per the Sheriff yesterday in one of the press conferences he said the family asked for privacy. So, this might not be a family member that is close. And I doubt that law enforcement is providing any details of the crime scene to the family considering they say they don't have any suspects identified.

In such a small area people know each other. They may not know someone personally, but the cousin does, etc.

<modsnip - mentioning rumors>

Last edited by a moderator:
In such a small area people know each other. They may not know someone personally, but the cousin does, etc.

<modsnip - mentioning rumors>
<modsnip - leave rumors on social media, not here>

We will have to wait for facts from LE. When is the next update?
Anybody know?
I know we are waiting for autopsies, and the sheriff said that COD's would be given to the public after they are done.
Chi

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members