WI WI - Kelly Dwyer, 27, Milwaukee, 11 Oct 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know more about Friday though. Her mom says she spoke to Kelli on Friday. Did she speak to her or were only texts exchanged?

My impression about cocaine has always been that it kills people through addiction - usually a slower process than a singular overdose. Guess it could induce a heart attack. He'd have had to remove her body somehow and other evidence may exist within the apartment. Too early to tell imo.

It's weird because, all of a sudden, Kenosha has come up in two different cases (a missing family man was found in Kenosha for no apparent reason). http://napervillesun.suntimes.com/missing2-NAP-10202013:article
The man is from Naperville where Bryce Laspisa is from originally.
And we read that Kelly had contact/text on Friday with someone in Kenosha she met through OKcupid.
Out of all the places, just seems weird these would come up in more than one case involving missing people.

I want to preface this by saying I am admittedly out of touch, so to speak, with what are the "norms" these days regarding manufacturing/selling of illegal drugs like coke, meth, heroin..

My reason for saying that is that I'm none too sure if my suggestion is really a valid possibility.. in knowing there seems to have been somewhat regular cocaine use by these two(Kelly/KZ)..combined with your above post, Woe.. well, it leads me to my question of possibly there being some "bad batches" of cocaine or other illegal narcotics that have made their way into this specific area of the country?...

As I said this could very well not even be a possibility, but its just something that quickly popped in my mind when reading the latest updates on Kelly's case and then reading your above post, woe...

I know that this issue does still exist in the illegal drug world whether the "bad batch" comes this way already to the seller who unknowingly then sells to his buyers..or even where the middle man seller "recuts" his drugs prior to selling to his buyers and whatever he has used to "cut" his drugs with is dangerous and deadly..

anyhow just some rambling thoughts on the possibilities of what's happened to this young woman..

all jmo.

I want to preface this by saying I am admittedly out of touch, so to speak, with what are the "norms" these days regarding manufacturing/selling of illegal drugs like coke, meth, heroin..

My reason for saying that is that I'm none too sure if my suggestion is really a valid possibility.. in knowing there seems to have been somewhat regular cocaine use by these two(Kelly/KZ)..combined with your above post, Woe.. well, it leads me to my question of possibly there being some "bad batches" of cocaine or other illegal narcotics that have made their way into this specific area of the country?...

As I said this could very well not even be a possibility, but its just something that quickly popped in my mind when reading the latest updates on Kelly's case and then reading your above post, woe...

I know that this issue does still exist in the illegal drug world whether the "bad batch" comes this way already to the seller who unknowingly then sells to his buyers..or even where the middle man seller "recuts" his drugs prior to selling to his buyers and whatever he has used to "cut" his drugs with is dangerous and deadly..

anyhow just some rambling thoughts on the possibilities of what's happened to this young woman..

all jmo.

Sure, any type of street drug can be bad or mixed with unknown ingredients.
If possible, LE would have to determine if bf's story is true, that is, that he and Kelly bought an amount of cocaine together that very night and both dipped into the same batch (logically that should have made him sick as well). Or, bf told LE that they bought the drug together knowing darn well that he's the one who supplied the drug but knew it would sound better if LE believed his story. Imo, that happened, but LE didn't believe him because they arrested him on more severe charges than possession alone.

Additionally, bf could have laced the coke with any substance prior to dishing it out to Kelly with the intent to kill her. I'm not saying this is what happened but the possibility exists that it could happen.

They say that Janis Joplin, a known heroin user, had been clean for awhile but used again fixing her former dose which resulted in an overdose. That problem along with how would someone ever know the strength of any given batch?
There's been a few cases recently where good peeps, who formed addictions, died as a result of similar mistakes.

Whether intentional or accident, where is Kelly?
There's also the possibility that bf is telling the truth. Kelly may have gone on her way Friday morning and met up with someone else.

If not, how did bf remove Kelly from the building?
Is there a back exit not covered by cameras? Or the basement exit? Probably. Do the hallways all have working cameras? The building isn't a hotel. In general, do apartment building managers have cameras installed these days?

I think le has already cleared KZ. They would have found some reason to hold him. I'm still thinking random encounter or accident.

I feel like a drug info bot around here.. but regarding cocaine.

300.00 (provided he wasn't an idiot and ripped off) is enough for 2 - 8balls of coke. That's way way way more than needed for 2 people. The pills were probably for the come down. I'm assuming (ASSUMING) a benzo (like xanax) or pain pills (like vicodin or loratabs). Now, if he was ripped off and bought coke at the bar/club .. I could see this being one 8ball.

Running a known drug house might be because the mom knew things regarding her daughter and her usage and their relationship. If she was privy to knowing he dealt to her daughter or provided, that would it. Or he had the drugs there in baggies ready for selling.

It's truly hard telling.

By looking at his mug shot it appears he has a "cocaine nose job". I don't think this is his first rodeo in playing in the snow. kwim?

OKC (okcupid) is very popular for people in their early 20's - 40. It's sorta a hipsterish dating website. I've been off and on it for 6 years. It's free and typically decent people on it.

:truce:
bbm

He has been released because he posted bail on his drug charges. I don't think we can conclude that this means they don't think he disappeared Kelly. They may or may not think that, but they likely just don't have enough evidence to charge him with a crime directly related to her disappearance.

You dont need to conclude that, but i most certainly do, because after I have reviewed the evidence thus far, I dont believe the police think he is guilty of her dissappearance. If the police really think he was involved in her being missing...one, their most likely would be allegations, which there is not. Two, they would would do everything in their power to hold him, and that is very...very easy to do..even if one posts bail on the drug charges. Again, this is just MY OPINION. Sorry I didn't make that clear in the beginning. Any conclusions, on because I have reviewed everything and based on my family being in LE (not on this case or in WI), I don't think he has anything to do with this. I just think they did drugs, she left, went off somewhere else...was seen somewhere in the morning (confused by who and who she texted)...so clearly she wasn't with him. Again...all my opinion :)

I think le has already cleared KZ. They would have found some reason to hold him. I'm still thinking random encounter or accident.

I'm not sure LE has cleared him. They arrested him for drugs and he made bail. LE never arrested him for charges related to Kelly's disappearance. If they still suspect him, they're still gathering evidence or have other suspects as well.
If he is involved though the case isn't slam dunk because LE has been all over him for sure.

:truce:

You dont need to conclude that, but i most certainly do, because after I have reviewed the evidence thus far, I dont believe the police think he is guilty of her dissappearance. If the police really think he was involved in her being missing...one, their most likely would be allegations, which there is not. Two, they would would do everything in their power to hold him, and that is very...very easy to do..even if one posts bail on the drug charges. Again, this is just MY OPINION. Sorry I didn't make that clear in the beginning. Any conclusions, on because I have reviewed everything and based on my family being in LE (not on this case or in WI), I don't think he has anything to do with this. I just think they did drugs, she left, went off somewhere else...was seen somewhere in the morning (confused by who and who she texted)...so clearly she wasn't with him. Again...all my opinion :)

Very possible. I don't know if LE suspects him or not. A lot of the facts about when Kelly was last seen or spoken to (and by whom) seem unclear. I will need more information to decide if this guy did something to Kelly or not.

I feel like a drug info bot around here.. but regarding cocaine.

300.00 (provided he wasn't an idiot and ripped off) is enough for 2 - 8balls of coke. That's way way way more than needed for 2 people. The pills were probably for the come down. I'm assuming (ASSUMING) a benzo (like xanax) or pain pills (like vicodin or loratabs). Now, if he was ripped off and bought coke at the bar/club .. I could see this being one 8ball.

Running a known drug house might be because the mom knew things regarding her daughter and her usage and their relationship. If she was privy to knowing he dealt to her daughter or provided, that would it. Or he had the drugs there in baggies ready for selling.

It's truly hard telling.

By looking at his mug shot it appears he has a "cocaine nose job". I don't think this is his first rodeo in playing in the snow. kwim?

OKC (okcupid) is very popular for people in their early 20's - 40. It's sorta a hipsterish dating website. I've been off and on it for 6 years. It's free and typically decent people on it.

They found the leftovers in his apartment and if Kelly left his place in the AM and they split the cost as told to LE by bf, she may have taken her share with her as well. Therefore, they may have used conservatively Thursday night?

There's a pdf I believe within nurse's link. That's where someone found the details covering bf's arrest. For some reason, and I can't figure out for the life of me what I did, I'm unable to open pdfs anymore. Therefore, I wasn't able to read the link provided within the link in nurse's previous post.

I very well may have missed it...

but I am still wondering WHO saw Kelly last... At 9:00 a.m....

I am assuming her BF...

but... :dunno:

We'd have to know so much more about KD's and bf's relationship to begin to determine emotional life/strife.
How long have they known each other?
Were they considered a couple by others? For how long?
Were they just hanging out together alot or did she/he want more from the relationship?

On another subject, the job/company seems hinky to me.
Using google maps, the icon for TRC shows up next door in front of the 1030 address which is the Knick Restaurant.
The building to the right (facing) is 1042 (addy for TRC) but no other businesses show up in the building which looks to be a large house with a bunch of apartments either behind or attached (numbers 1046-1060) to the townhouse style facade of 1042. If there are businesses within the same building, the name of the business would show up as being affiliated with the addresses.

Also I can't find any related business associates, reviews or affiliations of TRC.
To run that type of business, there would be many, many co-operators involved. The website looks amateur imo.

Also no BBB complaints - very difficult to avoid when moving peoples' stuff around to locations all over the world imo. TRC claims involvement in real estate, moving and storage, finding residences overseas, obtaining visas, among other things. Why isn't there a sign outside the door? Seems like an odd location for a business like this too. You'd think they'd be located nearby industry type businesses as they're not a travel agency or real estate office (at least not indicated by the way the primary promotional info comes up).
Anyway, I could be all wrong but the whole TRC Global thing seems off to me.

I was intrigued by your post, so I looked up the address. It is next door to the Knickerbocker Hotel and Restaurant. I looked it up and don't see what you are seeing. I see one building, with one address....1042. It appears to be a large building...not a townhouse looking building. I used Google Earth, and it looks like your average business and the only address assigned to the building is 1042. No other address goes to the building that I can see on Google Earth. The other addresses don't exist....which is common, since not all numbers do exist.

There are at least 20 associates, if not more that I know who work that that I found through my account on LinkedIn. Probably more if I continued to look and they all have pictures and precious and employers, as well as colleges listed. Due to privacy, I will not post the, here for a variety of reasons. Mainly because I am "linked" to them due to my account and mutual friends we have through LinkedIn. But, point being, it seems pretty legit.

How do you know there isn't a sign? My former company wasn't allowed to post one for legal reasons at any location. It was an odd reason, in my opinion, which I can't divulge. Maybe they couldn't because people are relocating. Or because they are consultants. The location they are in is surrounded by hotels which is key for relocators and its also right by the key spots of Milwaukee. It really is the ideal spot. I really dont think there is anything weird about the business going on. The reason why there wouldn't be negative reviews is because businesses uses this business, so they don't give them a negative review. It's not individual people like you and I using them, but rather businesses as a whole. So, businesses will stop using them, but no business would use BBB to review them. That would be very tacky and unprofessional.

I'm not sure LE has cleared him. They arrested him for drugs and he made bail. LE never arrested him for charges related to Kelly's disappearance. If they still suspect him, they're still gathering evidence or have other suspects as well.
If he is involved though the case isn't slam dunk because LE has been all over him for sure.

I have never heard that the police suspected him at all for the disappearance for Kelly. You say, "they still suspect him." When did they suspect him? I know they were looking to ask him questions and then released him and had no "accusations"towards him. I don't recall hearing him as a "suspect" or hearing they "suspected him." Am I mistaken? Maybe I misread something....

Sure, any type of street drug can be bad or mixed with unknown ingredients.
If possible, LE would have to determine if bf's story is true, that is, that he and Kelly bought an amount of cocaine together that very night and both dipped into the same batch (logically that should have made him sick as well). Or, bf told LE that they bought the drug together knowing darn well that he's the one who supplied the drug but knew it would sound better if LE believed his story. Imo, that happened, but LE didn't believe him because they arrested him on more severe charges than possession alone.

Additionally, bf could have laced the coke with any substance prior to dishing it out to Kelly with the intent to kill her. I'm not saying this is what happened but the possibility exists that it could happen.

They say that Janis Joplin, a known heroin user, had been clean for awhile but used again fixing her former dose which resulted in an overdose. That problem along with how would someone ever know the strength of any given batch?
There's been a few cases recently where good peeps, who formed addictions, died as a result of similar mistakes.

Whether intentional or accident, where is Kelly?
There's also the possibility that bf is telling the truth. Kelly may have gone on her way Friday morning and met up with someone else.

If not, how did bf remove Kelly from the building?
Is there a back exit not covered by cameras? Or the basement exit? Probably. Do the hallways all have working cameras? The building isn't a hotel. In general, do apartment building managers have cameras installed these days?

I am still overly confused because I still read that she was seen Friday at 9am and sent a text at 10am. He last saw her at Thursday night. IF this is true, then I believe he had nothing to do with it and this is known by many. Of course, just my opinion :)

I am still overly confused because I still read that she was seen Friday at 9am and sent a text at 10am. He last saw her at Thursday night. IF this is true, then I believe he had nothing to do with it and this is known by many. Of course, just my opinion :)

I first posted the question on 10/18. who saw her @ 9 am on Farwell ave. & where was she when she contacted her mom. These questions have never been directly answered. The closest answer was le saying KZ was one of the last people to see her. I'm sure le has this info and has not released it for some reason.

They found the leftovers in his apartment and if Kelly left his place in the AM and they split the cost as told to LE by bf, she may have taken her share with her as well. Therefore, they may have used conservatively Thursday night?

There's a pdf I believe within nurse's link. That's where someone found the details covering bf's arrest. For some reason, and I can't figure out for the life of me what I did, I'm unable to open pdfs anymore. Therefore, I wasn't able to read the link provided within the link in nurse's previous post.

Im wondering how much blow they bought, 300 = a lot of coke. Even if they used from the time they purchased (lets pretend that was at 11pm) until the time she left (lets say 9am) there should still be 1 eight ball left behind. That's given if it was just them doing it and they weren't sharing. Even with a hard habit you wouldn't do that much coke in one sitting. of course there's exceptions but those I know who party tend to dabble at the club and rail it at home until they go to work or run out of either money or supply.

If she was doing cocaine that night and had work in the am .. she would have been spun! There's no way someone can do coke all night or even a tad the late night before, go to work and it be unnoticable. She would have seen a bit..spazzy at least.

Im wondering if this is the issue her mother brought up, irrational behavior sorta goes hand in hand with drug usage (what goes up, must come down).

Im not judging her or him. I have zero room to talk about anyone and their personal choices. I just wanted to chime in and give a realistic idea on the drugs. As far an overdose.. on coke alone that's almost unheard of. now, if you're MIXING an upper with a downer plus alcohol? That's totally different. It's a tad harder to OD on pills and coke unless you are mainlining these things, or taking hide grade stuff like roxies, dilaudid or morphine. But a lot of people mix stuff like vicodin and beer.. which is highly deadly (your liver doesn't stand a chance!).

I just don't see this being an overdose. I could see this as two people being incredibly high and in that state getting into an argument. Whether that argument resulted into her texting a random guy for a ride out of there OR her boyfriend and her getting into it and something terrible happening, only time will tell.

Usually if you're into drugs, you hang around others that are as well. That's just the way it goes.

I know it's been tossed around that maybe this boyfriend was upset she was on OKC, but .. they could have had an open relationship. It's not that uncommon.

She also could be on a binge and embarrassed.

Is KZ the boyfriend people are talking about or is it someone else and he is someone she did drugs with?

"We'd have to know so much more about KD's and bf's relationship to begin to determine emotional life/strife.
How long have they known each other?
Were they considered a couple by others? For how long?
Were they just hanging out together alot or did she/he want more from the relationship?"

You pose some v v good questions, Woe! I do NOT know either of them personally, nor do I know any of their friends. All I know is what my LE sources told me, which is...this wasn't a very serious relationship; that it was pretty much just a "physical" thing, ya know? The emphasis was more on KD spending the night here & there...and them partying together. I don't know how long they'd been seeing each other, but KD's parents (who live in IL) knew of him. Remember tho - I'm just repeating what I heard. (And, as always, no judgement.) Another thing to consider, Woe...if this was a serious relationship..and if he had nothing to do with KD's disappearance, I would THINK Z would be MUCH more visible..you know..helping with the search, talking to the media, etc. Plus, when Z appeared in court on the drug charges, he looked downright smug! He certainly did not look like he'd been grieving the loss (or potential loss) of a girl he loves.

"On another subject, the job/company seems hinky to me.
Using google maps, the icon for TRC shows up next door in front of the 1030 address which is the Knick Restaurant.
The building to the right (facing) is 1042 (addy for TRC) but no other businesses show up in the building which looks to be a large house with a bunch of apartments either behind or attached (numbers 1046-1060) to the townhouse style facade of 1042. If there are businesses within the same building, the name of the business would show up as being affiliated with the addresses.
Also I can't find any related business associates, reviews or affiliations of TRC.
To run that type of business, there would be many, many co-operators involved. The website looks amateur imo.
Also no BBB complaints - very difficult to avoid when moving peoples' stuff around to locations all over the world imo. TRC claims involvement in real estate, moving and storage, finding residences overseas, obtaining visas, among other things. Why isn't there a sign outside the door? Seems like an odd location for a business like this too. You'd think they'd be located nearby industry type businesses as they're not a travel agency or real estate office (at least not indicated by the way the primary promotional info comes up).
Anyway, I could be all wrong but the whole TRC Global thing seems off to me."[/QUOTE]

Wow...I thought the exact same thing, Woe! "Hinky" is the perfect adjective. It almost seemed like a..front. Now, I'm kind of wondering what's legit and what's not on Z's Linkdin profile. (Have U looked at it?) You read it...and right away think, "here's a very smart, well-educated man who comes from an extremely nice town."
Another thing that doesn't quite add up -- a well-bred/well-educated executive who lives in a $3,000 per month apt, would most likely have the place looking pretty good..decorated half-way decent..fairly well appointed, don't you think? And I heard that it was nothing even CLOSE to that...that it was fairly empty..not much nice stuff.

I still think there's A LOT that LE is keeping to themselves. I know LE isn't saying publicly that Z is a person of interest, but my gut is still telling me he is...and that there's still case-building goin' on. What say u, Woe?

Is KZ the boyfriend people are talking about or is it someone else and he is someone she did drugs with?

I think it's a combination of the two, if that makes sense, HM4. He IS the "boyfriend" but as I just replied to WBG, from what I heard..it wasn't really serious. I think they're two good-looking people who like to party..who got along pretty well..& were happy to fulfill each other's needs/desires when it fit into their schedules, moods, etc :seeya:.:seeya:

KZ is not her actual boyfriend. The news is calling him that, but she actually had a real boyfriend. KZ was someone it seems she casually dated and apparently did drugs with. She was actually dating at least a few (that I know of) men from OKC - and as far as I know - no one knew about each other (not an open relationship). Her mom did not know about OKC until one of the men told her, and then mom submitted her laptop to LE. LE can find out where the phone was the last time it was used, and I am assuming they have that by now. I am assuming they were able to get alot of info from her laptop. I agree that they know alot more than they are sharing, probably as to not tip off the person in question. I suspect foul play and agree that it is pretty unlikey she OD'd. Its a sad story and I feel awful for her mom and pray it ends well. But I am afraid that maybe one of the men she was talking to, found out that she was dating several men and something bad happened. I hope not...

KZ is not her actual boyfriend. The news is calling him that, but she actually had a real boyfriend. KZ was someone it seems she casually dated and apparently did drugs with. She was actually dating at least a few (that I know of) men from OKC - and as far as I know - no one knew about each other (not an open relationship). Her mom did not know about OKC until one of the men told her, and then mom submitted her laptop to LE. LE can find out where the phone was the last time it was used, and I am assuming they have that by now. I am assuming they were able to get alot of info from her laptop. I agree that they know alot more than they are sharing, probably as to not tip off the person in question. I suspect foul play and agree that it is pretty unlikey she OD'd. Its a sad story and I feel awful for her mom and pray it ends well. But I am afraid that maybe one of the men she was talking to, found out that she was dating several men and something bad happened. I hope not...

Welcome to Websleuths!

:wagon:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members