Identified! WI, Living Woman at Hospital, Speaks Unknown Language, Milwaukee, July 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
636670756174204025-Woman-in-hospital.jpg

Milwaukee police are asking the public for help identifying a woman who showed up at a local hospital and could not communicate with the staff.

Hospital staff called police when they had difficulty identifying her and communicating with her, police said Friday.

"Milwaukee police are seeking to identify this individual and a native language, in an effort to reunite her with family," the Police Department said in a statement.
Milwaukee police seek public's help in identifying woman who showed up at hospital

Just a thought...but a quick google search shows that the most translated website is JW.org with videos in hundreds of languages. Perhaps LE could play a video in various Asian and indigenous languages until she recognizes hers. Also, perhaps she would be able to point to her country or area of origin on a map. How alone she must feel! :(

Producing Bible Videos in Hundreds of Native Languages

I know many people in the general area who speak Ojibwa, and there may be other native tribes in Wisconsin, or close to it, that are reviving their native tongue. It might not hurt to check any reservations close by there, although I'm pretty sure almost all of the members would also speak English.

Could also be the result of a brain injury at any point in her life -- motor speech production is controlled by an area, expressive meaning language production is a different area, language reception is another.

She may be able to produce speech, and understand spoken language, but not produce it.

Have they tried pencil & paper, or a Picture Exchange Communication System/PECS set-up?

Hope they have by now!

Prayers & good Karma for you, Ma'am!

Wonder if she walked into the hospital on her own or was she
'dumped' there by someone else? Why a hospital? Was she
looking for help for a medical problem or pain or injury or confusion? Domestic violence?

BBM

This is why I wonder if this woman can understand language but not produce language -- she is at the hospital, a place set up to help people.

If dumped, at least she was dumped in a relatively safe place. But why? Family has too few resources and left her?

Hope we find out before Fall arrives.

Hopefully her family saw her photo and came to get her and take care of her. Will someone please alert mods to change the title to identified? I reported it earlier but it still has not been moved. My page here keeps stalling out, so I'm not sure if the report got through.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back