WI - Mother leaves 5yr old to care for tot

What confuses me is that looking at the pictures she has of the children on myspace they look healthy and happy. The house looks clean (at least what you can see in background).

I wonder if she recently got involved in drugs? That would keep her away for 48 hours and cause her to do something, like leaving your kids by themselves, stupid.

There's also a pic that says "my family" and shows her the children and a guy named Chris. I wonder if he's the father? If so, was he deployed and couldn't check on them or what?

Welcome to websleuths. This is a despicable person who should not hold the title mother. I hope these kids get loving caring homes and this monster never has kids again.

I thought it ironic that one of the comments on her myspace page said "Happy Mother's Day". I was thinking the same thing, some mother alright.

I can top that homemommy...how about leaving a 3 year old to care for twin 2 year olds?? Outrageous, yes? It is a sad, sad world.

Your first posting is a keeper!!

:clap::clap::clap:

WHAT goes through people's minds? This woman should never get her children back. Never. I do not care how much therapy or parenting classes she receives. Zero tolerance for this one.
And the ONES Colomom is alluding to as well.

And WELCOME to WS!

From her myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=182384295
11) Do you drink? of course
12) Do you smoke? yes
13) When was the last time, if ever, blacked-out from drinking? about 2 months ago
17) Favorite Holiday? New Years Eve
30) When was the last time you slept in someone else's bed? lastnight

Was her 5 year old babysitting when she was blacked out from drinking too? Also, New years EVE is her favorite holiday? For criminy sakes, that is not a holiday, it's a big drunk fest. You have 2 little children, and New Years EVE is your favorite holiday??? Gurr What a total loser alcoholic. :loser:Her poor children.

I can top that homemommy...how about leaving a 3 year old to care for twin 2 year olds?? Outrageous, yes? It is a sad, sad world.

Your first posting is a keeper!!

Colomom, did you notice the name of the 5 year old baby sitter? Her name is Maddie :(

Welcome @homemommy!!!

What an idiot. It never ceases to amaze me how stupid some people can be.

I didn't want to read this article but I did. I feel like crying. Those poor children!!! I hope she never gets them back.

Lock her up and give her kids to someone who wants them!! ! To think I was going to say that a picture of her in a bar means nothing.....This time it speaks volumes!

Father unaware of Mother's neglect. Here's the link. Yes the guy named Chris in the picture is their father according to this article.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=8363120

"GOOD TO GO" is how this dad sent the kids back after his weekend visits. He knew the kids didn't have their immunization shots? He had concern about his son's diaper rash? So there ya go just send the children back "good to go".

I agree the dad could have probably done more but I'm sure there must have been a court order that he had to return the children and at a specified time.

The mother could have given dad custody if she were too busy partying to take care of them but then I guess she wouldn't get any child support if she did that.

I'm glad the children didn't get hurt but maybe this is what it took to get them away from their mom and give dad a wake up call.

"GOOD TO GO" is how this dad sent the kids back after his weekend visits. He knew the kids didn't have their immunization shots? He had concern about his son's diaper rash? So there ya go just send the children back "good to go".

He says the little one had the sniffles during the winter because he didn't have his immunization shots... that's a bunch of baloney too. I'm sure they might not have had their shots, heck if you can leave them alone for 48 hours I wouldn't doubt that was true, but sniffles are totally normal and will not go away with any shots, not even flu shots. My point is, daddy sounds pretty much clueless too.

The more I think about this story the more it disgusts me (and it disgusted me a lot to begin with). What the heck did she expect to find when she came home? After a 1 year old and a 5 year old had been home alone for *two* days? It's a plain miracle those kids are still alive, IMO.

Heck I have a 9 year old DD and the longest she's been home alone was for 15-20 minutes tops. That was also the *only* time, and we (I) did it because she wanted to watch tv and I had to get some milk (two miles down the road). She's had instructions about what to do when home alone (in case she comes home from school and due to some kind of emergency she has to be alone for about 15 minutes, never happened yet) so we went over those (for about an hour ;)) and I left. Thinking she's a responsible kind of girl and she has to learn to be alone sometime, learning process, blah blah. Well, she did great. Absolutely. All she did was sit and watch tv. She wasn't scared, didn't mess about, nothing. But I was a nervous wreck. LOL So we never did that again and she hasn't asked for it either (thank God). Shoot, I'm babbling again ain't I. :D

I don't think ripping dad here, is productive. He admitted he should have done more. Now, he needs to step up to the plate and DO more. But I think he should be given the chance. And he may not know alot about raising little ones, but he will learn. There are a ton of parents out there that had little to no experience when their first baby came along and they have turned out to be great parents.

Hopefully this dad has some family that will support and help him as he learns how to be a single dad with primary custody.

Salem

I don't think ripping dad here, is productive. He admitted he should have done more. Now, he needs to step up to the plate and DO more. But I think he should be given the chance. And he may not know alot about raising little ones, but he will learn. There are a ton of parents out there that had little to no experience when their first baby came along and they have turned out to be great parents.

Hopefully this dad has some family that will support and help him as he learns how to be a single dad with primary custody.

Salem

Salem, I agree the dad should absolutely be given the chance to step up, and I too hope he has some family and support to help him. To be fair the mother of the children may not have had experince in raising little ones and had no support. In that case ripping any parent who has done such things can't be productive including leaving a five year old to watch a baby for two days alone.

It was stated the living conditions were filthy. Both kids had feces and urine covering their beds. One mattress was so soaked through with urine it sank where it all collected. The dad stated he'd go get the kids for his visit, but didn't say where that was. Was it there? I'd think a five year old who lived like that would give some indication that something was wrong. Maybe this young dad didn't pick up on it? Dad noted about the sniffles and the immunization shots. The baby came with diaper rash and sniffles and he'd send them back good to go. JMO, but one weekend doesn't cure diaper rash that had to be horrendous and the sniffles.

Again, I hope the young man can do the job. It may be just me, but a five year old eating Crisco and living with raw meat in a stench filled apartment would give some indication in some way that she was not living in good conditions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back