WI - Prosecutor 'sexted' abuse victim, Chilton, 2010

Wisconsin Attorney General's office has just issued a bulletin:

From the Wisconsin Department of Justice

ATTORNEY GENERAL VAN HOLLEN SEEKS INFORMATION
ON KRATZ MISCONDUCT

MADISON - The Wisconsin Department of Justice has been assigned the responsibility of prosecuting the case involving Calumet County District Attorney Kenneth Kratz. The allegations under investigation are that Kratz sent inappropriate text messages to crime victims and other persons in the course of his official duties as Calumet County District Attorney. In order to fully investigate the present allegations, or those as yet unknown, the Wisconsin Department of Justice seeks the assistance of any other persons who may have had questionable encounters in the past with Mr. Kratz.

Persons with information relating to any illegal activity, sexual harassment, or other professional misconduct by Mr. Kratz are asked to call the Wisconsin Department of Justice, Division of Criminal Investigation at 608-266-1671 and advise that they have information pertaining to this investigation.

Individuals will not be required to identify themselves and will have the opportunity to discuss the extent to which information they provide may or may not be kept confidential by Department of Justice investigators.

Chairman of the Wisconsin Crime Victims Rights Board, no less. How could he oversee any crime victim's rights while abusing them himself? And no one thought he should be disciplined? It just amazes me every time one of the good old boy networks pops up in the news. When are they going to wake up?

Did you notice that the attorney appointed to look into this is the DA that prosecuted the Mark Jensen trial?

Office of Lawyer Regulation must be feeling the heat, because they've just announced they are reopening their investigation into Kratz.

From the Washington Post:
Wis. regulators reopen 'sexting DA' investigation

The Associated Press
Friday, September 24, 2010; 11:12 AM
MADISON, Wis. -- A Wisconsin agency says it will reopen its investigation into whether a prosecutor who sent racy text messages to a domestic abuse victim committed misconduct.

Office of Lawyer Regulation Director Keith Sellen (sel-LEEN') said Friday that the agency is reopening its investigation into Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz because "substantial" new information has been presented.

Read more here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/24/AR2010092402572.html

What a bunch of baloney. Substantial new information. No, they just got outed for covering their buddy.

A fifth victim has just come forward according to the Green Bay Press Gazette:

Woman claims Calumet County District Attorny Ken Kratz offered her help in exchange for sex http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com...DA-Kratz-offered-her-help-in-exchange-for-sex

An alleged victim of domestic violence has told Gannett Wisconsin Media that Calumet County District Attorney Ken Kratz offered to help her with a victim impact statement in exchange for sex.

The woman, who asked not to be identified, is at least the fifth woman to come forward with allegations of inappropriate advances from Kratz, whom Gov. Jim Doyle is trying to remove from office.

I can't help but think there will be more.....maybe many more.

:sick:

This Kratz guy is a freaky dude....the texting is bad enough, but he wanted one of the women to attend an autopsy "as his girlfriend"??? Seriously?? This guy is totally out there....he's been allowed to behave this way and under the radar for way too long. Scary.

Blondie: Have you heard about the fifth victim ? She was a domestic violence victim who met him through an online dating service. He offered to help with her victim impact statement in exchange for sex.

I wonder just how many more seriously twisted antics are yet to be revealed.....something tells me we've just begun to hear about them....

they aren't wating any time! I wonder how long of a process this is. The other day (right after this story broke) I heard that it would take a very long time to remove him from office. It sure looks like they're moving at lightning speed on this.....now.

This Kratz guy is a freaky dude....the texting is bad enough, but he wanted one of the women to attend an autopsy "as his girlfriend"??? Seriously?? This guy is totally out there....he's been allowed to behave this way and under the radar for way too long. Scary.

Everyone is now tired of covering for this guy. I wonder how many more women we are going to hear from now? This is one sick man and the good ole' boys here in WI are now turning their tails to run.

It's always a guy like this that gets one of these positions so they can abuse it.
I'm wondering how long G. Doyle's office really knew about him and hid it?

Goz

http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/Heari...103846809.html

Fair Use

Snip
Doyle also said he also wants to look into why no action was taken after something about Kratz was reported to the state's Office of Lawyer Regulation. An investigator in that office closed the case without taking action in March, saying Kratz's behavior was inappropriate but did not violate rules governing attorney conduct.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39286720/

Just a tidbit from The Governor, maybe something they overlooked.

Hopefully I will be up for local coverage.

Hearing just ended for today. Of course the cowardly Kratz is still hiding out in his in-patient therapy clinic.

He is some piece of work. They all think if they pop into therapy it will solve all their misdeeds. Not gonna work. He is up the creek without a paddle. It's all catching up to him now.

Excellent start! Now they need to disbar him so he never has the opportunity to abuse another victim ever again.

AMEN..

Seems they can hide out all the time and claim THEY Need Treatment. They need it like we all need it. Time to pay the piper I say.

Thanks all, missed local news, will catch sometime today.

Goz

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu