Identified! WI - Racine Co., WhtFem 199UFWI, 14-25, cauliflower ear, July 1999 #2 - Peggy Lynn Johnson *Guilty*

God, Linda <modsnip: derogatory name variations are not tolerated.> I guarantee you she would tell others what a great person she was because she gave Peggy a job in her home, disgusting!

I wonder if there is any laws or charity groups even that could help newly orphaned young adults in Peggy's situation. If there isn't we could call it "Peggy's Law".

Last edited by a moderator:
God, Linda <modsnip: derogatory name variations are not tolerated>. I guarantee you she would tell others what a great person she was because she gave Peggy a job in her home, disgusting!

I wonder if there is any laws or charity groups even that could help newly orphaned young adults in Peggy's situation. If there isn't we could call it "Peggy's Law".
I wish I knew of a way to help vulnerable young adults in Peggy's situation. One of my biggest fears as a special needs parent is what will happen with my son after we're gone. If a child is severely disabled, there are care facilities, but in our case, where our son is somewhat able bodied and intelligent but delayed in other areas that aren't considered a disability, he would be one of those who fall through the cracks. He would be an easy target for someone like Linda <modsnip: derogatory name variations are not tolerated.>
Other parents in our situation are able to cobble something together to give their child a safety net, like buying a home for them and being able to afford a caregiver, but we aren't in a position to do that. And we do have family, but they have their own lives. They'd be willing to check in on him from time to time, but wouldn't have the space in their homes to take him in, nor the time to continue our guidance. And if they got busy, he'd fall by the wayside.
All we can do is do everything within our power to try to get him to be self-sufficient and independent, but so far, our lessons and encouragement haven't taken hold. He will get there eventually, and, God willing, we'll have the time to see it through, but there needs to be more resources for this transitional period into adulthood, and a societal safety net children like ours can fall back on until they can get on their feet. Because once he graduated from high school, all but one service dried up.

Linda <modsnip: derogatory name variations are not tolerated.> playing innocent and excusing herself of all responsibility is INFURIATING me! The torture, abuse, and neglect Peggy suffered in her final years were at her hand! Nobody is buying her lies! She endured so much, and it makes me so sad for her, may she finally RIP.

A woman sentenced to life in prison last year for killing a 23-year-old Harvard woman, leaving her body in a cornfield in Raymond Wisconsin in 1999, claimed inadequate defense and a “failure to explore” link to similar death of an Illinois woman, court records show.

Linda Sue La Roche, 68, formerly known as Linda Sue Johnson, who appeared virtually in Racine County court Monday from prison, is appealing her conviction of first-degree intentional homicide and hiding the body of Peggy Lynn Johnson-Schroeder.

Johnson-Schroeder’s remains were found July 21, 1999, and went unidentified for 20 years. The community in Racine County buried her as Jane Doe. In 2019, after a call was made by an anonymous tipster, her true identity was discovered, and so was her killer’s, authorities have said.

Johnson-Schroeder, whom police said was cognitively impaired, had worked for La Roche as a live-in nanny from 1994 to 1999. The two had met at a clinic where La Roche worked shortly after Johnson-Schroeder’s mother died from AIDS in 1994.

Linda LaRoche’s attorney Laura Walker questions LaRoche’s trial co-defense attorney Jillian Schiedegger during LaRoche’s motion hearing for a new trial Thursday October 26, 2023. LaRoche was found guilty March 16, 2022 of the murder of Peggy Lynn Johnson-Schroeder in 1999, of concealing a corpse. She was sentenced to life in prison without parole for the murder, and a consecutive five year sentence on the second charge May 23, 2022. Johnson-Schroeder was known as Jane Doe until her identity was discovered when LaRoche was identified as the suspect in the case.

Linda LaRoche’s attorney Laura Walker questions LaRoche’s trial co-defense attorney Jillian Schiedegger during LaRoche’s motion hearing for a new trial Thursday Oct. 26, 2023. (Mark Hertzberg for Shaw Media/Mark Hertzberg)

An inmate serving life in prison after killing a Harvard woman in 1999 and leaving her battered remains in a Wisconsin field argued in a Racine County, Wisconsin, courtroom this week that she had poor legal representation in her trial.

Dressed in orange prison clothing and shackled, Linda Sue La Roche, 68, who formerly lived in McHenry County and was known as Linda Sue Johnson, sat stoic Thursday while her attorney Laura Walker questioned La Roche’s trial attorneys.

Among several critiques, Walker probed defense attorneys about why they did not present a defense pointing to alternate killers in a similar murder months after 23-year-old Peggy Lynn Johnson-Schroeder’s tortured body was discovered.

About six months after a man walking his dog found Johnson-Schroeder’s remains near a cornfield in Raymond, Wisconsin, the body of Mary Kate Sunderlin was found near a field in Lake County, Illinois.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen
Back