Deceased/Not Found WI - Rosalio Gutierrez Jr, 40, Kenosha County, 17 May 2020 *Guilty*

I joined late and trying to catch up on the trial videos. I'm on day 6 and it has dawned on me by now that I can fast forward and just watch the witness testimony and skip the theatrics of the attorneys and the judge. I remember the judge from the Rittenhouse case and he seemed much more professional. In this trial it seems like he wants to debate and lecture the attorneys. The female defense atty seems like a spoiled brat and I agree is much too friendly with the defendant and both defense attys objecting to everything is getting old, IMO

Yes, and he parked as far away from main entrance as possible (opening argument).

I missed so much of this trial and tried to catch up. Doubt that I will, but it’s been interesting. Really hope that Rosalio’s body is found. Unfortunately, it may have been scattered around several different locations. Moo
Those cameras inside always catch em despite parking at the outskirts of the lot along with receipt's and store history of the purchases. Your pretty much caught up, highlights of the back and forth between lawyers and jailhouse informant with dueling reports on one another. The defense was trying hard to get all tossed out but we struggled through it all along with the tipsy visitor who wanted to get his voice heard as well lol.

I may have missed something but I through Defense pointed out with Ms Beacham that she only knew / was talking to victim a few weeks before his disappearance, is that correct?

They also pointed out he may have had plans with another woman he was dating on that same night he disappeared, is that possibly correct?

If those are true, I think it speaks a lot to how she valued their relationship by her being present all throughout this trial, for someone she may have only known for a few weeks.

The second inmate testifying for the defense almost immediately saying he had some sort of agreement / offer / deal / understanding to testify with “true State attorneys” and Graveley freaking out about him mentioning that, objecting left and right has been really interesting to watch. I think it’s interesting to see one inmate presented by State as someone we should totally believe has no reason to lie and has no deal apparently for what he is saying versus the other who the jury is told through Prosecution objections and questions that there is no deal, they have no idea what type of deal or agreement he’s talking about, and therefore this guy is lying / untrustworthy / don’t believe him is just fascinating to see play out. I find myself thinking and wondering why someone would testify - if they’ve both said the dangers that can come from doing so - if they are going to get up there and lie, possibly in ways that can be disproven or further refuted in the future, I tend to think some may want to know they will get some benefit to their own case for doing so. Otherwise it seems like high risk, maybe little to no “reward”….even if you have the best morals and ethics guiding your way to want to just tell the truth for someone else because you feel it is the right thing to do. JMHOO and JMOO.

Those cameras inside always catch em despite parking at the outskirts of the lot along with receipt's and store history of the purchases. Your pretty much caught up, highlights of the back and forth between lawyers and jailhouse informant with dueling reports on one another. The defense was trying hard to get all tossed out but we struggled through it all along with the tipsy visitor who wanted to get his voice heard as well lol.
LE wasted no time with tipsy dude. They must have noticed him mosey in right away, out of place dude. Court room is typically not full. Hope your weekend is going well for you.

I may have missed something but I through Defense pointed out with Ms Beacham that she only knew / was talking to victim a few weeks before his disappearance, is that correct?

They also pointed out he may have had plans with another woman he was dating on that same night he disappeared, is that possibly correct?

If those are true, I think it speaks a lot to how she valued their relationship by her being present all throughout this trial, for someone she may have only known for a few weeks.

The second inmate testifying for the defense almost immediately saying he had some sort of agreement / offer / deal / understanding to testify with “true State attorneys” and Graveley freaking out about him mentioning that, objecting left and right has been really interesting to watch. I think it’s interesting to see one inmate presented by State as someone we should totally believe has no reason to lie and has no deal apparently for what he is saying versus the other who the jury is told through Prosecution objections and questions that there is no deal, they have no idea what type of deal or agreement he’s talking about, and therefore this guy is lying / untrustworthy / don’t believe him is just fascinating to see play out. I find myself thinking and wondering why someone would testify - if they’ve both said the dangers that can come from doing so - if they are going to get up there and lie, possibly in ways that can be disproven or further refuted in the future, I tend to think some may want to know they will get some benefit to their own case for doing so. Otherwise it seems like high risk, maybe little to no “reward”….even if you have the best morals and ethics guiding your way to want to just tell the truth for someone else because you feel it is the right thing to do. JMHOO and JMOO.
Regarding how long did SB know RGJr:

Witness RJ (SB’s friend) testified that SB started chatting with a guy (RGJr) around late Jan or early Feb (2020). By Valentine’s day, Sadie started speaking about RGJr, more than ever.

Regarding RGJr plans with another woman on 5/17/2020:

DAY 6 – 3/7/23

• Nereida Macias clarified that on May 17, 2020 she went to go meet Gutierrez to get to know him better but ended up at the wrong apartment. She never saw Gutierrez in person and was the last person to hear from him.

Yes, correct. NM's testimony begins @1:25 timestamp

LE wasted no time with tipsy dude. They must have noticed him mosey in right away, out of place dude. Court room is typically not full. Hope your weekend is going well for you.
LOL may have been looking for an empty courtroom to get a nap in hehe. Weekend motoring along, got the staples/ zipper lol pulled out late afternoon Friday. Now 25 staples lighter and choo chooing about but no backflips yet. Thank you for asking keeping busy with these trials and watching old cases of Forensic Files. Getting primed for the Gannon Stauch trial, chicken is in the gym getting pumped himself lol.

He was on a dating app sight and may have had more then two irons in the fire but IMO hasn't swayed me about him as a victim or that may have played a part in his death. The two jailhouse informants kinda cancelled one another out for me at least with the he said and he said and they said. I think that both informant's despite what they said had something to gain if we hear of it or not, not doing it to turn over a new leaf. We going have to hang on and see what the new week brings us and may have to wake up some folks on the benches after their weekend of the Shamrock blues.

I joined late and trying to catch up on the trial videos. I'm on day 6 and it has dawned on me by now that I can fast forward and just watch the witness testimony and skip the theatrics of the attorneys and the judge. I remember the judge from the Rittenhouse case and he seemed much more professional. In this trial it seems like he wants to debate and lecture the attorneys. The female defense atty seems like a spoiled brat and I agree is much too friendly with the defendant and both defense attys objecting to everything is getting old, IMO

You can also click the gear icon and increase the video speed from 1.25 to 2.0 times faster

He was on a dating app sight and may have had more then two irons in the fire but IMO hasn't swayed me about him as a victim or that may have played a part in his death. The two jailhouse informants kinda cancelled one another out for me at least with the he said and he said and they said. I think that both informant's despite what they said had something to gain if we hear of it or not, not doing it to turn over a new leaf. We going have to hang on and see what the new week brings us and may have to wake up some folks on the benches after their weekend of the Shamrock blues.
Sorry I did not intend to sound as if I was questioning if he could be or is a victim with regards to any dating of another person other than SB.

I think what’s really interesting to me is that the District Attorney thought that having the jailmate testify was important enough for his case; and that he really hammered home on how the other inmate defense said he had some deal but that the DA knew “nothing” of such a thing…versus dancing around that line of questioning for the inmate brought in by him. While what the inmate who described defendant’s confession and nightmares and sleeping habits are interesting, I am not sure how much it strengthens the State’s case.

The Defense is understandably going after every door they can keep open about LE not investigating other persons much (like if anyone owed victim money regardless of how much), how they didn’t search the dating apps and communications history for stuff found on victim’s phone; I expect the defense will try to hammer home to the jury the question if the State proved BARD that the victim is deceased AND is deceased because of the actions of one person only - excluding any and everyone else - and that person is the defendant in this case. There’s certainly a lot of circumstantial evidence; I’m very curious to see how jury will ultimately respond if we don’t hit a mistrial before that early next week.

Does anyone know or has there been any info as to why the female atty is handling all or most of the cross in the state case?? Who are the gentlemen at the defense table???

Does anyone know or has there been any info as to why the female atty is handling all or most of the cross in the state case?? Who are the gentlemen at the defense table???

I believe they all work at the same law firm. Ms. Muller, Mr. Obear, and Mr. Birdsall all work at Birdsall Obear & Associates in Milwaukee. They handle all sorts of criminal defense cases per their website listing.

I believe they all work at the same law firm. Ms. Muller, Mr. Obear, and Mr. Birdsall all work at Birdsall Obear & Associates in Milwaukee. They handle all sorts of criminal defense cases per their website listing.
Thank you, I understand that they are from the same firm. I just find it strange that the young female atty is the doing cross on the state case. Usually it is a shared effort.

Sorry I did not intend to sound as if I was questioning if he could be or is a victim with regards to any dating of another person other than SB.

I think what’s really interesting to me is that the District Attorney thought that having the jailmate testify was important enough for his case; and that he really hammered home on how the other inmate defense said he had some deal but that the DA knew “nothing” of such a thing…versus dancing around that line of questioning for the inmate brought in by him. While what the inmate who described defendant’s confession and nightmares and sleeping habits are interesting, I am not sure how much it strengthens the State’s case.

The Defense is understandably going after every door they can keep open about LE not investigating other persons much (like if anyone owed victim money regardless of how much), how they didn’t search the dating apps and communications history for stuff found on victim’s phone; I expect the defense will try to hammer home to the jury the question if the State proved BARD that the victim is deceased AND is deceased because of the actions of one person only - excluding any and everyone else - and that person is the defendant in this case. There’s certainly a lot of circumstantial evidence; I’m very curious to see how jury will ultimately respond if we don’t hit a mistrial before that early next week.
No worries and was just noticing myself how lawyers go after ones charactor living or dead and agree enough solid circumstantial evidence if the jury can see it themselves.

Just watching the testimony of the daughter of ZA. Poor girl. It would have helped if the DA would have tried to question her in some chronological order for her to keep her thought process flowing instead of jumping from one date or weekend to another, JMO

Much of Friday's testimony detailed the bloody crime scene found at Rosalio Gutierrez's Kenosha apartment – and how that evidence was used.

State Crime Lab Forensic Scientist Lisa Treffinger said cleaning agents were used on parts of Anderson's van. Police found the van with the rear seats removed – and a portion of the carpet cut out.

Treffinger testified a lab tech later noted the smell of bleach – and the white-colored stain on the carpet, but then spotted something else.

"It was a very tiny spot, like a pinhead stain," Treffinger said.

It was a reddish-brown stain on the van trim – near the rear tailgate. Treffinger feared using luminal would dilute the sample – making it unusable for DNA testing.

It was collected.

"Did you do DNA testing?" asked Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley.

"Yes," Treffinger answered.

"Whose DNA was that a match for?" Graveley asked.

"Rosalio Gutierrez," Treffinger answered.

TRIAL HIGHLIGHTS

DAY 13 – 3/17/23

• The state rested its case.
  • Luminol was used to test the stains in Anderson’s van, this product can also react to bleach.
  • Two people who lived near Gutierrez said that on May 17, 2020 around 8:00 PM they didn’t hear or see anything, and that around 10:00 PM they would’ve been asleep and wouldn’t have heard anything.
  • Kim Lavora knew Gutierrez through FB Dating. She said they were friends even though Gutierrez wanted to take things further. She last spoke to Gutierrez on the phone on May 17, 2020 at 8:49 PM. She said she never met him in person.
  • No GPS trackers were found on Gutierrez’s vehicle.
  • Marquan Washington was recalled to the stand, he insisted he doesn’t try to jump on other people’s cases. In their questions, the defense asserted the DA indicated to Washington that they would go to bat for Washington if Washington testified for them.
  • Nicholas Mcatee said Washington talked about jumping on other people’s cases. Mcatee said the state offered him benefits if he testified for them. Mcatee’s attorney said they had no knowledge of any agreement. Mcatee said he’s testifying for the defense because it’s the right thing to do.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back