WI WI - Timothy Mumbrue, 35, & Tanna Togstad, 23, Weyauwega, 21 March 1992

Hi Friday Fan. Thanks for your information. She was staying with her sister. I think her husband (or son?) now runs Dave's Who's Inn in Sheboygan. He used to live in Hancock, WI. (green pin in map above is Hancock, post #79) Michael R. Larsen used to live there, too. He's the suspect in the UW-SP student Janet Raasch murder.

http://www.sheboygandaily.com/2014/01/19/officers-respond-to-large-fight-at-daves-whos-inn/

Janet Marie Raasch, age 20
Thursday, October 11, 1984
Missing f/ Town of Buena Vista, Portage County, WI
Saturday, November 17, 1984
Found strangled/partially clothed
Town of Buena Vista, Portage County, WI

Another missing UW-SP student is Christine Walters, missing November 17, 2008. I wonder what bar she worked at in Stevens Point before she disappeared in California? Christine is from Deerfield, WI, not far from the murder sites of University of Wisconsin students Kelly Nolan, Julie Speerschneider, etc.

Hi Friday Fan. Thanks for your information. She was staying with her sister. I think her husband (or son?) now runs Dave's Who's Inn in Sheboygan. He used to live in Hancock, WI. (green pin in map above is Hancock, post #79) Michael R. Larsen used to live there, too. He's the suspect in the UW-SP student Janet Raasch murder.

http://www.sheboygandaily.com/2014/01/19/officers-respond-to-large-fight-at-daves-whos-inn/

Janet Marie Raasch, age 20
Thursday, October 11, 1984
Missing f/ Town of Buena Vista, Portage County, WI
Saturday, November 17, 1984
Found strangled/partially clothed
Town of Buena Vista, Portage County, WI

Another missing UW-SP student is Christine Walters, missing November 17, 2008. I wonder what bar she worked at in Stevens Point before she disappeared in California? Christine is from Deerfield, WI, not far from the murder sites of University of Wisconsin students Kelly Nolan, Julie Speerschneider, etc.

I believe Michael R. Larsen was also living at 6010 County Highway J, Plover, WI 54467, when Janet Raasch disappeared, which is 1.4 miles away from where she was found.

Janet was last seen Thursday, Oct 11, 1984, reported missing Oct 15, 1984 and found dead Nov 17, 1984. The coroner estimates her death about 7-10 days before she was found dead in the Town of Buena Vista. That would be Nov 7 to Nov 10. This means she was kept alive for 28-31 days before she died. Was a search warrant ever issued for the 6010 County Highway J property?

According to US Search, Michael R. Larsen or his close family members lived in Plover, Hancock, Iola, Weyauwega, Manawa, Waupaca, Wisconsin Rapids and Baraboo, all in Wisconsin. His wife lived right across the street from the B Bar 10 at one time.

When you map out those addresses in relation to the murders on the above map, you'll see the murders are clustered around the areas where he lived. When you couple that with the fact several of his family members worked at the same places some of the murder victims did, specifically Dorothy Raczkowski and Tanna Togstad; Ore-Ida and Churney Cheese, and when you couple that with the fact the wife of the owner of the B Bar 10 worked at Ore-Ida in Plover, where Dorothy Raczkowski worked and had left there the night she died in Strongs Prairie., which is just down the road from where Michael R. Larsen had lived, you wonder who the third person will be implicated in the Togstad/Mumbrue murders. The brother (whose wife disappeared in the Town of Menasha in 1975 after he argued with her) of the owner of B Bar 10 also lived there. Glendon Gouker's roommate worked where Timothy Mumbrue did, at Waupaca Foundry.

Can't find any info about MRL online except address info. (It doesn't help that ML is such a common name.) Any reference to him in the newspaper articles? I assume based on his locations that he is an associate of Laine Shields.

Sadly, I don't think Bonnie's disappearance was ever reported in the newspapers in 1975. My search came up empty. I have every reason to believe the archives for the Appleton Post Crescent are available for the time she disappeared and there was no mention of the disappearance.

For example the Post Crescent was still reporting rather trivial things such as:
Courts NEENAH -- A $5? payment was accepted in Winnebago County Court from a Neenah man charged with shoplifting. (Name and address removed) was charged with taking a package of wieners valued at $1.23 from the Super Valu store....

If there had been an active search, I'm sure it would have been in the papers. If the family was trying to publicize her disappearance, I'm sure contacting the papers would have resulted in a story. I wonder if a missing person's report was even filed? I wonder if the papers routinely reported on "adult" missing persons back then?

Less than a year after she disappeared, on March 22 1976, David R. Repinski divorced Bonnie Repinski. (It is baffling to see how things were back then)
They were apparently married when she was 15 years old.

Edit: Added the word "adult" to missing persons. Maybe they were led to believe she disappeared of her "own free will" etc and it was a private, family thing....

Can't find any info about MRL online except address info. (It doesn't help that ML is such a common name.) Any reference to him in the newspaper articles? I assume based on his locations that he is an associate of Laine Shields.

Sadly, I don't think Bonnie's disappearance was ever reported in the newspapers in 1975. My search came up empty. I have every reason to believe the archives for the Appleton Post Crescent are available for the time she disappeared and there was no mention of the disappearance.

If there had been an active search, I'm sure it would have been in the papers. If the family was trying to publicize her disappearance, I'm sure contacting the papers would have resulted in a story. I wonder if a missing person's report was even filed? I wonder if the papers routinely reported on "adult" missing persons back then?

Less than a year after she disappeared, on March 22 1976, David R. Repinski divorced Bonnie Repinski. (It is baffling to see how things were back then)
They were apparently married when she was 15 years old.

Edit: Added the word "adult" to missing persons. Maybe they were led to believe she disappeared of her "own free will" etc and it was a private, family thing....

MRL 6/10/52 WCCA He's not a known associate as far as I know, but a lot of bodies or missing people have been turning up/disappearing where he lives/lived. When you have two or more murder suspects having lived or living in close proximity to each other in small towns and having lived or living in areas where there are numerous unsolved murders and disappearances, one can only wonder.

I don't think Bonnie Repinski was even mentioned in the newspapers until fairly recently when Gannett Newspapers Appleton-Post Crescent did their listing of unsolved murders in Wisconsin a year or two back. Then all of a sudden it magically appeared 38 years later. It was never in the papers to my knowledge and there is no missing person's picture nor is she on any missing person's websites like the Charlie Project. It's like she never existed.

Though it was David Repinski who had a fight with her over an upcoming divorce, it was Lloyd R. Repinski aka Laine R. Shields who was suspected of "disappearing" her. This family was having a bitter feud with each other for many years to the point they were shooting dogs and putting vehicles on the railroad tracks.

I guess when you're dealing with psychopathic serial killers who are still on the loose no one wants to get involved or say anything. They're probably afraid it might set them off again. Meanwhile, we're getting picking off one by one.

http://napoleansmith.webs.com/

Sara Jean Holzhausen was born October 16, 1953 to Henry & Gertrude Holzhausen. They resided at 2120 Schetter Avenue, Sheboygan, Wisconsin. She had three sisters Delores, Nancy, Susan and one brother, Glenn. She attended North High School in Sheboygan.

On July 2, 1977, Sara Jean Holzhausen married Frank Geisler in Sheboygan.

On Friday afternoon, April 26, 1985, Sara Jean Geisler was found dead in Sheboygan. According to the Post Crescent Newspaper, (5th row of photos near end)

http://php.wisinfo.com/mktg/unsolved_apc/

Sara Jean’s nude body was was found on the southwest corner of Virginia Ave and 7th St. (now Virginia Ave & Riverfront Drive)

She was covered with debris and her clothing was found next to her. Her body was too badly decomposed to determine the cause of death. She had been reported missing six months earlier.

According to the April 30, 1985 edition of the Milwaukee Journal, Sara Jean was last seen by a family member on October 10, 1984 and was reported missing 10 days later by her husband, Frank. A Sheboygan police officer saw her in front of a Sheboygan tavern October 22 with a man about 35 years old and dressed in an army-style uniform. The body was found in a vacant lot used by the city for dumping snow over the winter.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1499&dat=19850430&id=IGoaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TCoEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4607,10538808

The location of the body was two blocks south of 635 Pennsylvania Ave, the former site of David R. Repinski’s Dave’s Who's Inn, now located at 835 Indiana Ave. Sheboygan, which is several blocks south of the dump site and right across the Sheboygan River. Another brother, Delroy Repinski had lived at 411 Erie Ave, Sheboygan, when Delroy's son was born. Interestingly, as I've shown in previous posts, David Repinski was charged with a felony after he squirted Mace into the face of a Leroy Belter at his father's bar in an ongoing family feud. How can a felon even get a liquor license? That was right before a fire at 635 Pennsylvania Ave.

06 April 1972 David R. Repinski, Appleton, WI charged with felony for spraying Mace in face of Leo Belter outside Suski's Bar as Belter was delivering produce to the defendant's father, Lloyd Repinski (family feud) source: Stevens Point Journal

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/...55/boelter.png

11 May 1972 Fire hits an occupied tavern/rooming house. David Repinski later bought the building, 635 Pennsylvania Ave, Sheboygan, WI

David Repinski’s wife, Bonnie Marie Repinski, had disappeared in August, 1975 from the Town of Menasha, Wisconsin after he and Bonnie had quarreled about their upcoming divorce, according to David Repinski, who was the last one to see her alive. David's brother, Laine R. Shields aka Lloyd R. Repinski is a suspect in her disappearance, that according to Laine R. Shields himself.

Does anyone know the name and location of the Sheboygan tavern where the policeman last saw Sara Jean Geisler?

I'd sure like to know.

Attachments

• sarageislermap.jpg
    sarageislermap.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 168
Sara Jean Holzhausen was born October 16, 1953 to Henry & Gertrude Holzhausen. They resided at 2120 Schetter Avenue, Sheboygan, Wisconsin. She had three sisters Delores, Nancy, Susan and one brother, Glenn. She attended North High School in Sheboygan.

On July 2, 1977, Sara Jean Holzhausen married Frank Geisler in Sheboygan.

On Friday afternoon, April 26, 1985, Sara Jean Geisler was found dead in Sheboygan. According to the Post Crescent Newspaper, (5th row of photos near end)

http://php.wisinfo.com/mktg/unsolved_apc/

Sara Jean’s nude body was was found on the southwest corner of Virginia Ave and 7th St. (now Virginia Ave & Riverfront Drive)

She was covered with debris and her clothing was found next to her. Her body was too badly decomposed to determine the cause of death. She had been reported missing six months earlier.

According to the April 30, 1985 edition of the Milwaukee Journal, Sara Jean was last seen by a family member on October 10, 1984 and was reported missing 10 days later by her husband, Frank. A Sheboygan police officer saw her in front of a Sheboygan tavern October 22 with a man about 35 years old and dressed in an army-style uniform. The body was found in a vacant lot used by the city for dumping snow over the winter.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...oaAAAAIBAJ&sjid=TCoEAAAAIBAJ&pg=4607,10538808

The location of the body was two blocks south of 635 Pennsylvania Ave, the former site of David R. Repinski’s Dave’s Who's Inn, now located at 835 Indiana Ave. Sheboygan, which is several blocks south of the dump site and right across the Sheboygan River. Another brother, Delroy Repinski had lived at 411 Erie Ave, Sheboygan, when Delroy's son was born. Interestingly, as I've shown in previous posts, David Repinski was charged with a felony after he squirted Mace into the face of a Leroy Belter at his father's bar in an ongoing family feud. How can a felon even get a liquor license? That was right before a fire at 635 Pennsylvania Ave.

David Repinski’s wife, Bonnie Marie Repinski, had disappeared in August, 1975 from the Town of Menasha, Wisconsin after he and Bonnie had quarreled about their upcoming divorce, according to David Repinski, who was the last one to see her alive. David's brother, Laine R. Shields aka Lloyd R. Repinski is a suspect in her disappearance, that according to Laine R. Shields himself.

Does anyone know the name and location of the Sheboygan tavern where the policeman last saw Sara Jean Geisler?

I'd sure like to know.
"A Sheboygan police officer saw her in front of a Sheboygan tavern October 22 with a man about 35 years old and dressed in an army-style uniform"

A better description would be nice. I wonder what he met by army-style uniform??.........Spotted two days, after she was reported missing after 10 days. Then found murdered...Any others found and determined they were held for a lenght of time before murdered may have fell vicitm to the description above.

Your postings on a serial killer is probably valid. Any of the victims that was determined to had been held for weeks before being murdered may be connected to one. Keeping them somewhere undisturbed before deciding to kill them. Especially if the method of death was the same, such as knife.

Up north the LEOs mentioned they didn't know why they were staying up there. For a couple of years I think it was. Can you tell me if it would be possible from that area to find a dropping point near or just over the Canadian Boarder??......Its my guess from reading your postings and others that perhaps they were involved in drug running. With a drop point near or just over the Canadian boarder....Not on the main roads but off road so not to be detected. Though if this is not possible than just forget my guess.

Your Marie list. Which I found interesting. Coincidence or does it have another possible meaning. Hard to guess on that one, would have to go back and read through the whole thread and really take it all in.

But the one [unidentified female] there up north I think it is on your wonderful map. Its just a hunch But I am wondering if any Marie's are missing from the area around that time? Classified as runaways perhaps, or missing persons that they could test or compare to see if a match is possible.

"A Sheboygan police officer saw her in front of a Sheboygan tavern October 22 with a man about 35 years old and dressed in an army-style uniform"

A better description would be nice. I wonder what he met by army-style uniform??.........Spotted two days, after she was reported missing after 10 days.

A better description would help but it's an open case and getting anyone to clarify or even update probably won't happen after 29 years of silence.

The family member, who I assume was a member of the Holzhausen family and not the Geisler family, last saw Sara Jean October 10, 1984. Her husband reported her missing 10 days later (October 20, I assume) and then she was spotted October 22 by an LEO in front of a tavern in Sheboygan. Since there is no information posted on the Sheboygan PD website regarding this case, no newspaper articles online (except the Special to the Journal article), no missing persons websites or family-related pleas, FB, Charley Project, etc., we can only guess. Possibly the Sheboygan newspapers reported it but I have no access to their papers from 1984-85. Like the Bonnie Marie Repinski case, there's a news blackout on any information related to these cases.

A great law enforcement tool...

Wisconsin has joined a handful of states in allowing familial DNA testing — a powerful but debatable procedure — to identify suspects in murders and sexual assaults, Post-Crescent Media has learned.

“We’re getting to the point where we will start offering this,” said Brian O’Keefe, administrator for the Division of Law Enforcement Services at the Wisconsin Department of Justice. “This gives us another way of generating leads for local law enforcement agencies.”

http://archive.postcrescent.com/article/20140507/APC0101/305040411/Wisconsin-turns-familial-DNA-testing-solve-murders-rapes

That's how they caught the BTK suspect, Dennis Rader, through a family member's DNA.

Amber Lynn Wilde, age 19
Wednesday, September 23, 1998
Missing from Green Bay, Brown County, WI
Body never found

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?48522-WI-Amber-Lynn-Wilde-19-Green-Bay-23-Sept-1998/page2&highlight=amber%20wilde

I've updated and included Amber Lynn Wilde in the serial killer map because LE recently searched for her body on Durant Rd., in Portage County, WI, between Amherst and Waupaca. I was previously unaware that LE had searched for her body there in 2000. I thought it was only in Shawano County. Since a search was conducted right smack dab in the middle of serial killer country, I thought it should be included. Amber Wilde was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay.

The news reports didn't state which address the search was conducted at, only that the property had two ponds on it.
There are only 12 properties on Durant Rd and only one property that can be seen on Google maps that has two ponds. Clicking on the upper pond just above the river will give you the address of the property.

http://realestate.fortune.com/property-sitemap/WI/Waupaca/54981/Durrant_Road/

The Portage County tax site will provide the names of the owners.

http://pctax.co.portage.wi.us/PCTax/tax/addresssearch.jsp

If you see any relationship between those names and anyone connected with the Togstad/Mumbrue murders, that might be significant.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//Durant+Rd,+Waupaca,+WI+54981/@44.379753,-89.2330714,16z/data=!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x880108140ce9024d:0x1e20a4b23d641c97!2m2!1d-89.2326775!2d44.3810285

Aerial view:

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/44.3830119,-89.2311402/Durant+Rd,+Waupaca,+WI+54981/@44.3831525,-89.2286719,311m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m8!4m7!1m0!1m5!1m1!1s0x880108140ce9024d:0x1e20a4b23d641c97!2m2!1d-89.2326775!2d44.3810285

Another clue I first read about: September, 1998 - A witness stated that she saw Amber Wilde's car in Wausau, WI. She gave a very detailed description of the vehicle.

Attachments

• serkil1152014update.jpg
    serkil1152014update.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 155
Several days ago I noticed this thread had 12,119 views. At the time of this post it had 12,943. Someone sure has a lot of interest in it.

[url]http://www.pjstar.com/article/20090402/News/304029849[/URL]

On Nov. 18, 1979, two youths were hunting on Dutchman's Hill. One spotted a hand sticking out from a pile of leaves. They figured it was a mannequin.
But they took a closer look. The hand appeared real. And the leaves had been piled for a reason: a wooden pallet had been placed atop them to keep the leaves from blowing away.

The youths contacted police, who dug through the leaves. Underneath, they found a dead, naked woman with severe bruises to her shoulders, face and head.
A medical examiner said she died of beating and choking. Police said she had been killed elsewhere, then dumped two or three hours before the youths found the body.On a pinkie she had worn a small ring, which police at first thought could be made of gold and rubies. If the ring were worth a lot, it might hold markings of the jeweler who made it. Maybe her name could be found that way.

On 15 Aug 1975 Bonnie Marie Repinski, age 34, disappeared from Menasha, Winnebago County, WI, not far from where Dawn Marie Schnetzer (Dutch) disappeared from on 16 Sep 1978. Bonnie was never found. Dawn was found strangled/nude in the Town of Woodville, Calumet County, WI Saturday, November 4, 1978.

17 Dec 1975 Marvin Vande Hey, 26, Town of Buchanan, WI turns up missing. The Town of Buchanan is 5 miles north of Woodville. If you go back in this thread you'll find that Vande Hey (Dutch) was found dead just north of the B Bar 10.

15 Nov 1979 Denise Phyliss Laack, age 24, went missing Wednesday, November 15, 1979, from Appleton, Winnebago County, WI, On 18 Nov 1979 Found nude/strangled/beaten to death, on Spotted Dutchman Hill, Magnolia, Putnam County, IL. Spotted Dutchman Hill is just across the Illinois River from Henry, Marshall County, IL.

As you probably know, Laack is a Dutch name. The story behind Spotted Dutchman Hill is that the first building owner had a couple of unique spotted Arabian horses, hence the name Spotted Dutchman Hill. Was there anything significant in the coincidence that Laack's body was dumped on Spotted Dutchman Hill?

https://goo.gl/maps/001Is

I'm of the understanding that Laine R. Shields once lived near S. Higgins Rd, in the village of Mazon Township, Grundy County, IL? Mazon, Illinois, is fifty miles east of Magnolia. Could anyone verify he lived there at one time?

Also, could someone verify whether the Ressequie's of Henry, IL are related to __ Ressequie, who, according to FamilySearch, married Lloyd R. Repinski 12 Feb 1973? Unfortunately, FamilySearch doesn't give the first name. Was Henry, IL where she was from?

https://familysearch.org/search

12 Feb 1973 Lloyd R. Repinski , age 28, married Shawano, WI to ____ Ressequie, age 28.

Of all the numerous unsolved murders of these women in North Central and North East Central Wisconsin, Laack is the only one found dumped way outside the area of the abduction. The rest disappeared and were found murdered at or in close proximity to the murder scene and within a 50 mile or so radius of Amherst, WI, or weren't found at all.

Of course, then you have two of the 4-5 Native American victims, who were brought into the general area and killed.

Oct 1975 Lolita C. Dion, age 35 (NA) Mid October, 1975 Missing f/ Lake Andes, SD Tuesday, December 23, 1975 Found dead/nude/clothes by body (cause of death never revealed) Nepco Lake, Port Edwards, Wood County, WI (This case was swept under the rug and forgotten, though there was one 20-word article in the paper about her. Then she was forgotten. What a Christmas present for her six children)

02 Sep 1989 Rhys Marie Pocan, age 36 (NA), Saturday, September 2, 1989, Found dead/nude/missing head, hands & lower pelvic area Town of Lyndon, Sheboygan County, WI.

Attachments

• laack&repinski.jpg
    laack&repinski.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 153
Also, could someone verify whether the Ressequie's of Henry, IL are related to __ Ressequie, who, according to FamilySearch, married Lloyd R. Repinski 12 Feb 1973? Unfortunately, FamilySearch doesn't give the first name. Was Henry, IL where she was from?

https://familysearch.org/search

12 Feb 1973 Lloyd R. Repinski , age 28, married Shawano, WI to ____ Ressequie, age 28.

I don't have a first name for Ressequie but from looking on Ancestry and looking at the index image - she is listed as being from Lake County, IL which is in upper IL near Lake Michigan. I think the only way to find out the first name is to order the certificate from WI. I'm not sure that you can trace them back to the Henry, IL Ressequie's without the first name. Sorry!

New DNA technique may reveal face of killer in unsolved double-murder

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/14/new-dna-technique-could-put-face-on-unsolved-double-murder/

Parabon's new technology reads the parts of the human genome that code for the differences in physical appearance between people. Snapshot is able to predict such critical traits as skin color, hair color, eye color and face shape. It can also predict the individual's ancestry as well as highly-detailed traits, like freckles.

This new technique, coupled with Wisconsin's new law regarding familial DNA of suspect's relatives, looks pretty promising. Hopefully, Wisconsin law enforcement will use these new techniques in Togstad and Mumbrue's unsolved double-murder case.

http://www.postcrescent.com/story/n...waupaca-county-murders-front-burner/23171913/

The case has gone unsolved for nearly 23 years, but Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel said he is optimistic that the vicious double murder — and the 1978 slaying of Marcella Carpenter in her rural Clintonville home — will be solved in the not-too-distant-future.

"We have made some really good headway (on the two murder investigations)," Hardel told Post-Crescent Media. "I'm excited."

It is realistic to think that both cases will be solved in the next year, he said.

Interestingly, there was another murder in Waupaca County on May 10, 1996, four years after the Togstad/Mumbrue murders. The victim had ties to the Town of Royalton, Waupaca County, Wisconsin, also. She was found bludgeoned to death in the Town of Little Wolf, Waupaca County, WI, which is about 13 miles northeast of Royalton, where Tanna Togstad & Timothy Mumbrue were found murdered.

Her name was Esther Alvira Spiegelberg. She was age 73. She was married to Louis L. Spiegelberg in 1941. He was born November 27, 1918 in the Town of Royalton, son of the late Louis and Amelia (Bigalke) Spiegelberg. (The Repinski's have Bigalke's in their family history, also)

Both Tanna Togstad and Esther Spielgelberg are buried in Baldwin's Mill Cemetery, Town of Royalton. Togstad's tombstone was damaged several times after her burial.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=spiegelberg&GSfn=louis&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=18551598&df=all&

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=spiegelberg&GSfn=esther&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=18551604&df=all&

Esther was born 17 Dec 1922 in Marinette, Wisconsin to George & Mary Reines. The 1940 census shows them living at 2040 Carney Ave, Marinette, WI. That's about a mile south of 90 Raymond St in Marinette and 3/4 mile from 1200 Main St., Marinette, WI. Esther and Louis Spiegelberg farmed in the Peshtigo, Marinette County, WI area before moving to Little Wolf.

On Sunday, June 11, 1972, Cynthia Jane Allen, age 17, daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Alvin H. Allen, 90 N. Raymond Street, Marinette, (Marinette County) WI was attending a dance at Marinette Catholic Central High School, 1200 Main St., now known as St. Thomas Aquinas Academy High School. Sometime during or after the dance, she left the dance, either alone or with others, walking west on Main St., assumably toward her home, 90 N. Raymond St. This would have been a 30 minute walk. (1.4 miles), according to Google Maps.

The newspapers reported that she was found Saturday, July 1, 1972 in a wooded area at the edge of a field in the Town of Grover, Marinette County, WI. The field in the Town of Grover is about four miles west of Peshtigo, WI and 7.7 miles west of Marinette, WI. The newspapers never mentioned the exact location where the body was found.

[url]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?271276-WI-Cynthia-Jane-Allen-17-Marinette-Peshtigo-June-1972[/URL]

I'm not necessarily drawing a connection to the 1972 Town of Grover murder and the Town of Little Wolf 1996 murder, but a 50 year old unnamed female Spiegelberg family member (who would have been 26 in 1972) was questioned and her residence searched in the Town of Royalton in relation to the Esther Spiegelberg murder in the Town of Little Wolf, WI. That person was later sent to Winnebago Mental Institute. What the outcome of that was is pretty sketchy. Also, whether that specific family member was ever in Marinette or whether the Spielgelberg and Allen families knew each other is unknown to me, nor has the suspect's name been released to the public. I'm guessing SWS because she was 50 in 1996 and living in the area.

I think Glendon Carl Gouker was lying, or partially lying, about taking his employer to the 1990 rape in Iola, Wisconsin, stating that he pointed her out to him to rape her and then paid him to do it. Here's why...

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/sites/default/files/2013-news/20130204-criminal-complaint-gouker-glendon.pdf

The online criminal complaint on page 2 states that the rape happened between 7:40 pm and 9:00 pm on Nov 5, 1990. Glendon Gouker was in the yard of that residence that he had been previously been evicted from by his roommate because he hadn't paid his share of the rent. Gouker then ran from the yard and ran up behind the girl before taking her into the park.

Now, on page 5 of that complaint, it states the WCSD received a report of vandalism at that same location on Nov 5, 1990. The complaint further states an officer from the IPD arrived at 12 pm. The officer was told by the complainant that between the hours of 1:30 pm on Nov 5 and 11:30 pm on Nov 6, someone cut four tires of his car in that yard.

That wasn't possible because the complaint, according to the report, was made on Nov 5. You can't make a report on the 5th on something that happened on the 6th. I'm assuming that someone got the times wrong. The tire slashing happened on Nov 5 between 1:30 pm and 11:50 pm and wasn't reported until either 12:00 am Nov 5 or 12:00 pm noon Nov 6.

I contend that the complainant stated the tire slashing happened between 1:30 pm and 11:30 pm on Nov 5th, the same evening as the rape. The complainant obviously reported the tire slashing when he got home from 2nd shift.

His last name was also spelled wrong in the complaint, and he, coincidentally, also worked at Waupaca Foundry (see garnishment on WCCA), the same place Tim Mumbrue also worked when he died in 1992, He either got his times and dates wrong or the person who did the typing did.

I believe Gouker was in that yard slashing the tires, or, laying in wait for the girl, who obviously had passed that house numerous times to and from her home. Glendon probably knew this since he lived there and probably had seen her walk by before and probably knew his roommate would be at work. The victim probably heard the tires being slashed by Glendon when she walked by the home. What are the odds of Gouker's employer pointing out a girl to rape walking by a yard of a residence that he was recently evicted from? It sounds more like a crime of opportunity.

Or a demented rapist-serial killer like Gouker just sitting outside in a vehicle while someone else goes inside and commits rape-murder? Yeah, right. His accomplice with the DNA is probably crammed into a 55 gallon drum buried somewhere like Ethan Walton was down in Oklahoma.

http://newsok.com/pottawatomie-county-man-held-for-trial-on-murder-rape-charges/article/3562031/?page=1

If LE can prove it, this could possibly reverse the plea deal on the death penalty that Gouker had made in Oklahoma. I'd wait until Gouker's all done being a "witness", then give him the needle.

One of the knives that was entered into evidence for the 1990 rape had the name H. G. Seaton inscribed on the sheath. Hershel Glen Seaton. Not a hard name to identify when one does a Facebook search of the Gouker family webpages or the Prague High School, Oklahoma yearbooks on Classmates.com. BTW, there's enough ministers, priests and preachers associated with these cases to save Gouker's soul 10 times over.

Interestingly, there was another murder in Waupaca County on May 10, 1996, four years after the Togstad/Mumbrue murders. The victim had ties to the Town of Royalton, Waupaca County, Wisconsin, also. She was found bludgeoned to death in the Town of Little Wolf, Waupaca County, WI, which is about 13 miles northeast of Royalton, where Tanna Togstad & Timothy Mumbrue were found murdered.

Her name was Esther Alvira Spiegelberg. She was age 73. She was married to Louis L. Spiegelberg in 1941. He was born November 27, 1918 in the Town of Royalton, son of the late Louis and Amelia (Bigalke) Spiegelberg. (The Repinski's have Bigalke's in their family history, also)

Both Tanna Togstad and Esther Spielgelberg are buried in Baldwin's Mill Cemetery, Town of Royalton. Togstad's tombstone was damaged several times after her burial.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=spiegelberg&GSfn=louis&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=18551598&df=all&

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=spiegelberg&GSfn=esther&GSbyrel=all&GSdyrel=all&GSob=n&GRid=18551604&df=all&

Esther was born 17 Dec 1922 in Marinette, Wisconsin to George & Mary Reines. The 1940 census shows them living at 2040 Carney Ave, Marinette, WI. That's about a mile south of 90 Raymond St in Marinette and 3/4 mile from 1200 Main St., Marinette, WI. Esther and Louis Spiegelberg farmed in the Peshtigo, Marinette County, WI area before moving to Little Wolf.

On Sunday, June 11, 1972, Cynthia Jane Allen, age 17, daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Alvin H. Allen, 90 N. Raymond Street, Marinette, (Marinette County) WI was attending a dance at Marinette Catholic Central High School, 1200 Main St., now known as St. Thomas Aquinas Academy High School. Sometime during or after the dance, she left the dance, either alone or with others, walking west on Main St., assumably toward her home, 90 N. Raymond St. This would have been a 30 minute walk. (1.4 miles), according to Google Maps.

The newspapers reported that she was found Saturday, July 1, 1972 in a wooded area at the edge of a field in the Town of Grover, Marinette County, WI. The field in the Town of Grover is about four miles west of Peshtigo, WI and 7.7 miles west of Marinette, WI. The newspapers never mentioned the exact location where the body was found.

[url]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?271276-WI-Cynthia-Jane-Allen-17-Marinette-Peshtigo-June-1972[/URL]

I'm not necessarily drawing a connection to the 1972 Town of Grover murder and the Town of Little Wolf 1996 murder, but a 50 year old unnamed female Spiegelberg family member (who would have been 26 in 1972) was questioned and her residence searched in the Town of Royalton in relation to the Esther Spiegelberg murder in the Town of Little Wolf, WI. That person was later sent to Winnebago Mental Institute. What the outcome of that was is pretty sketchy. Also, whether that specific family member was ever in Marinette or whether the Spielgelberg and Allen families knew each other is unknown to me, nor has the suspect's name been released to the public. I'm guessing SWS because she was 50 in 1996 and living in the area.

When I made the above post, I was not aware that of the three brothers mentioned in Louis Spiegelberg's obituary on Find-a-grave, Harold (Hattie) Spiegelberg, Weyauwega, was related to Tanna Togstad. I also wasn't aware of the death of Jeff Togstad. Jeff Togstad was the one who found his sister Tanna's body. He was recently killed in a snowmobile accident. His obituary below lists Hattie Spiegelberg as his grandmother. My condolences. The murders of two close family members from the same small community and four years apart is a tragedy. Is it also a coincidence? What are the odds?

Hopefully, law enforcement will someday find the killer(s) of both and determine whether both murders are connected (and maybe the one in Marinette/Town of Grover?). The damage (twice) to Tanna Togstad's tombstone in the graveyard, where both Tanna and Esther Spiegelberg Tanna's great aunt) are buried, appears more personal than it previously appeared.

http://www.hollyfuneralhome.com/obituaries/Jeffrey-Togstad/#!/Obituary

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/news/2015/02/20/weyauwega-man-killed-in-michigan-snowmobile-crash/23726985/

There's sure been a huge number of unsolved murders in this area over the last couple of decades. Someone knows something. Say something. Afraid to send it to the police? Send it to me. I'll make sure it gets exposure instead of ending up in some dusty file cabinet for 20-30 years. The tourists, hunters and fishermen are already vacationing elsewhere. Are you waiting for the businesses to leave, too?

Maybe the state or federal government can start helping, too. Maybe send a few nickels our way, or, maybe even a few investigators? Instead of sending our taxpayer money overseas to the Middle East countries that are being overrun by the serial killers themselves?

Updated map as of 4/19/2015. Saving map to computer and opening it with Paint will give you a bigger easier-to-read map.

Attachments

• Serialkillermap 4 19 2015.jpg
    Serialkillermap 4 19 2015.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 80

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members