GENERIC HEADER NEWS MISSING PERSONS

WI WI - Vernon Co., WhtFem 261UFWI, 50-63, severed hands, dentures, May'84

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by masnitram, Dec 3, 2010.

1. madamx

madamx Well-Known Member

She looks similar!

2. Snoopster

Snoopster Well-Known Member

Sorry to quote myself, but ooooops! I just looked back through the whole thread and saw that I mentioned Edrel, along with others, much earliers. Sorry...poor memory!

3. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

Vernon County Jane Doe is a pending DNA Doe Project case!! Check their pinned post :) she’s in sequencing

Keane, Murkywaters, 46daze and 7 others like this.
  4. michaelalan25

michaelalan25 New Member

I submitted her to the DNA Doe Project and I'm so overjoyed that she's pending. I am really hopeful that this woman can at least get her name back.

On another note, the case of Marianne Bowers stood out to me. There are tons of similarities: height, her age is just above the estimated age, she had a full set of dentures, and honestly, the VCJD morgue photos and the photo of Marianne look similar. Very curious, although the dates don't line up: however, if it is a family member, like her son, maybe he didn't report her missing until after she had passed?

The Doe Network: Case File 941DFAZ

Fingers crossed that Vernon County Jane Doe is identified... I'll be checking the DNA Doe Project daily until then!

46daze and Walko like this.
  5. stephgphillips

stephgphillips Member

I wonder if this case has moved along lately? Does anyone know if Cora Andersen - of Alaska -has been submitted? The height is off, but the nose is so similar!

6. stephgphillips

stephgphillips Member

I like this comparison - if the son was involved in her death, he wouldn't report it until someone else was catching on.

7. michaelalan25

michaelalan25 New Member

UPDATE for Vernon County Jane Doe!

Her DNA has passed sequencing and is now listed as an active case via the DNA Doe Project. Research is in PROGRESS! I am hopeful now more than ever that this woman will get her name back. Until then, we wait.

@stephgphillips I am very curious about the Marianne Bowers case, whether she is connected to VCJD or not. The whole story does not make any sense. I would not be surprised in the least if VCJD was identified as Marianne Bowers.

46daze, Keane, FireOwl9 and 6 others like this.
  8. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

If VCJD is indeed Marianne then it’s possible that she could have done something that perhaps, got her fingerprints, hence the hands being cut at the wrists.

coffeeandacig likes this.
  9. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

Dna Doe Project is doing genealogical research, by this month we might know who she was !

Walko likes this.
  10. Mrs. Badcrumble

Mrs. Badcrumble The North remembers

From DDP's Facebook page:

"DNA Doe Project Case Announcement: Vernon County Jane Doe – Westby, Wisconsin (1984)

Genealogical research is in progress.

Who was Vernon County Jane Doe?
    On May 4, 1984 three teenagers found the body of an unidentified white female on a gravel road in rural Vernon County near Westby, Wisconsin. Investigators believe the woman was killed somewhere along the same road and moved to the spot where she was found. Her face had been rendered unrecognizable from the extensive damage that had been done through blunt force trauma. Her hands had been removed, presumably in an effort to prevent identification by fingerprints.
    After the case was featured on the local news, a couple came forward and stated they saw a suspicious man in the area driving a yellow 1982 Datsun, but investigators were unable to locate the man, or to identify the deceased.

NamUs: UP4786
    Date found: May 4, 1984
    Race: White/Caucasian
    Sex: Female
    PMI: 24 to 48 hours

Anyone who believes they have relevant information on this case should contact authorities directly:

Wisconsin Department of Justice
    Joe Welsch, Special Agent
    715-839-3830

Links to More Information:

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
    Vernon County Jane Doe - DNA Doe Project Cases
    Vernon County Jane Doe - Wikipedia
    261UFWI
    http://ktar.com/story/863751/arizon...rks-to-identify-victim-in-30-year-old-murder/

Facial approximation image provided by Catyana Falsetti.

Many thanks to our thoughtful supporters for their continued support and interest in the DNA Doe Project. As always, we ask that commenters remain respectful to our Does and their families.

Please continue to educate and advocate for transfers to Family Tree DNA and gedmatch.com opt-IN.

#DNADoeProject
    #VernonCountyJaneDoe
    #WestbyWisconsin
    #GEDmatchOptIn #OptIn "

coffeeandacig and Feme98 like this.
  11. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

She resembles the UID, however, Cora has hazel eyes while the VCJD has blue eyes, great finding though!