Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?What Will her story be?

Will Casey's story change drastically before trial?

• Yes

Votes: 158 37.9%
  • No

Votes: 169 40.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 90 21.6%

• Total voters
I think they would have a marginally better chance if they tried to say Casey was a victim of abuse ,depression,momentary reality break,or it happened during a blackout of which she has no memeory ect.
Or the time worn "It was like I was in a fog y'know?...watching someone else in a movie..." routine.
If they try to stick with the Nanny story and claim Casey has no involvement the prosecution is going to tear them apart.
Her lawyers must know this.

I have a feeling her they will use the chloroform use as a sex drug and that can really mess up your mind. RM may be the center of this, his using it on KC and that fried her brain. I don't buy it, but maybe jurors will. :confused:

I think if she was going to claim "accident", she would have by now.

What happened to Caylee was no accident.
One Major Factor…The Duct Tape
Hard to call that an accident!

I think JB needs to somehow get Casey to plea. This case is not winnable as it stands with the nanny story. In order to change that story, Casey is going to have to get on the stand and tell a new one. JB cannot, however, allow Casey to take the stand because Casey is so inappropriate (ie laughing during her initial interviews with LE; the rage episode on the jailhouse video when GA/CA frustrated her; the pen throwing/giggling episode the other day in court while MJ was talking about Caylee's remains; the constant lies). She'd convict herself up there in less than 5 minutes.

Unfortunately for JB at this point, I think a plea deal is likely off the table as far as the SA is concerned and he may be forced into a trial whether he likes it or not. There is really no way for JB to win this one, IMO.

I think if she was going to claim "accident", she would have by now.

What happened to Caylee was no accident.
One Major Factor…The Duct Tape
Hard to call that an accident!

I agree. I can think of no plausible or reasonable accident that explains the duct tape on Caylee's skull, which is probably the main reason Casey couldn't take the "accident" plea when SA was interested in entertaining it. How the heck do you incorporate duct tape into an accidental death explanation?

IMO....She's NOT changing her story, at all. Casey thinks this is all a game...like she had said in one of her MySpace or whatever blog...she prided herself on being a GREAT person for the "Survivor" show because of her skills at being cunning, resourceful, etc. She FIRST appeared PO'd about going to all pre-trial hearings, NOW, I believe she realizes they're not so bad...she dresses up in a suit....hair in a bun...writes on paper like she's making observations. She now thinks she's just like "one of the boys" (attorneys). She always fancied herself a "business woman". And, why not...she supposedly reads law books in her cell....which IS NOT a bad thing, mind you, it just makes her feel MORE in control and that she's basically "saving herself"....her "survival" mode. In her mind, her cunning and ability to lie through her teeth, will get her off the hook...as it had in the past.

Just my opinion.

I think it will change. That's what compulsive liars do, change their lie into another lie if no one is believing it.

At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if she tried to use self defense as an excuse.

I think they would have a marginally better chance if they tried to say Casey was a victim of abuse ,depression,momentary reality break,or it happened during a blackout of which she has no memeory ect.
Or the time worn "It was like I was in a fog y'know?...watching someone else in a movie..." routine.
If they try to stick with the Nanny story and claim Casey has no involvement the prosecution is going to tear them apart.
Her lawyers must know this.

Depending on what the psych. eval's showed, I doubt she can claim anything even close to an insanity defense.

I do think JB will attempt to get sympathy for her sentencing by claiming that she was a victim of abuse/rape, at some point in her past. (Not saying rape/abuse is a fact, just that it may be his best chance at sympathy)

Wouldn't she have to take the stand to change her story. I really don't think that will happen. I do not think she will ever take the blame in any. If it was a accident how do you explain duct tape?? I think JB is going to point fingers in many directions away from KC to try to give the jury reasonable doubt, I think that is all he can do at this point.

I think it will change. That's what compulsive liars do, change their lie into another lie if no one is believing it.

At this point, I wouldn't even be surprised if she tried to use self defense as an excuse.

I agree with "that's what compulsive liars do,change their lie into another lie if no one is believing it.", but it's gone too far. At this point she can't get up on the stand to change her story, she'd give herself away in no time. I'm betting on sticking with the nanny story, JB throwing a few people under the bus (RM, RK, JG- one, or all, take your pick)

I agree with "that's what compulsive liars do,change their lie into another lie if no one is believing it.", but it's gone too far. At this point she can't get up on the stand to change her story, she'd give herself away in no time. I'm betting on sticking with the nanny story, JB throwing a few people under the bus (RM, RK, JG- one, or all, take your pick), and as a bonus, abuse/rape, (true or not) earlier in her life, for extra sympathy.

JMHO, as always

Doesn't she have to take the stand to change her story? I do not think that will happen. If she did try to say it was an accident how could she explain the duct tape? I do not think she will ever take any responsibility for Caylee' death. I think JB is going to point fingers in many directions away from KC in hopes of giving the jury reasonable doubt.

I don't think Casey will change her story. How can she? She is such a proven liar, who would ever believe her? If she claims it was an accident, it would have to be something like drowning (example) that no one would be able to prove, so people would have to take her word for it? Yea, that ain't gonna happen. At this point even if it was an accident and she did come out with the truth :rolleyes: she's still going away for a long time. And how ironic would it be if it was an accident and her only out from LWOP depends on her own credibility.

I agree with you that Casey won't change her story. Do you remember back in the early days of this case when George was talking with LE and he made the statement that Casey will push her lies to the "nth" degree ---- she won't give up until there's nowhere else for her to go? We saw evidence of that with Casey taking the detectives to Universal and walking the hallway until she ran out of hallway and had to admit she didn't 'have an office' there. Yet, a moment or so later she was back to talking about working at Universal as if she hadn't just admitted it was a lie! Unless someone with better sense can get through to her and have her change her story (even then will it be truthful?) Casey will stick with her original lies.

I don't think Casey will change her story. How can she? She is such a proven liar, who would ever believe her? If she claims it was an accident, it would have to be something like drowning (example) that no one would be able to prove, so people would have to take her word for it? Yea, that ain't gonna happen. At this point even if it was an accident and she did come out with the truth :rolleyes: she's still going away for a long time. And how ironic would it be if it was an accident and her only out from LWOP depends on her own credibility.

I agree with you that Casey won't change her story. Do you remember back in the early days of this case when George was talking with LE and he made the statement that Casey will push her lies to the "nth" degree ---- she won't give up until there's nowhere else for her to go? We saw evidence of that with Casey taking the detectives to Universal and walking the hallway until she ran out of hallway and had to admit she didn't 'have an office' there. Yet, a moment or so later she was back to talking about working at Universal as if she hadn't just admitted it was a lie! Unless someone with better sense can get through to her and have her change her story (even then will it be truthful?) Casey will stick with her original lies.

Depending on what the psych. eval's showed, I doubt she can claim anything even close to an insanity defense.

I do think JB will attempt to get sympathy for her sentencing by claiming that she was a victim of abuse/rape, at some point in her past. (Not saying rape/abuse is a fact, just that it may be his best chance at sympathy)

I don't see how she could possibly claim insanity. It's been almost 8 months since Caylee died and Casey has shown no signs of being insane in all this time. I suppose Baez could claim she was miraculously cured immediately after Caylee died. Maybe that's what those nights out at Fusion were all about, she was celebrating her return to emotional health.

Pride will not be an issue ... because she will be:

• The center of attention
  • and the victim
and Hollywood / Publishers are very forgiving.

Her daughter died by accident and she was so distressed and didn't know how to respond. She tried to pretend that everything was fine outwardly while she suffered in PAIN with her nightly nightmares of her accidently death.

She spends a few years in jail and when released is the focus of attention yet again with book deals etc.

• How Casey's loss distroyed her
  • The legal system and her story
  • Her story behind bars
  • and on and on and on
She will NEVER have to work at Universal again ...

This is justice's worse case scenario but I see it coming ......... sadly.

The irony ...... the irony .....

Your right she writes a book goes to counciling turns her life around becomes a a reporter for the "E" channel or gets her own reality show Life with the Anthony's

I don't see how she could possibly claim insanity. It's been almost 8 months since Caylee died and Casey has shown no signs of being insane in all this time. I suppose Baez could claim she was miraculously cured immediately after Caylee died. Maybe that's what those nights out at Fusion were all about, she was celebrating her return to emotional health.

Hmmmmm a premature celebration, surely ?

Doesn't she have to take the stand to change her story? I do not think that will happen. If she did try to say it was an accident how could she explain the duct tape? I do not think she will ever take any responsibility for Caylee' death. I think JB is going to point fingers in many directions away from KC in hopes of giving the jury reasonable doubt.

In answer to your 1st question, not necessarily. Baez can "tell her story" during opening arguments and then when he puts on his defense, his witnesses can try to substantiate it. She doesn't have to take the stand.
I don't think we will know what her defense will be until the trial actually starts. But I have a feeling it won't be the nanny story. I doubt he will put her on the stand, but we might be surprised.

ETA: Baez or LKB could lead her very gently through her story, and she would be fine.... it's the cross exams that will nail her. That's why most defense attys won't put their client on the stand, they can't hold up to the prosecution's cross.

She is probably going to say Tony spiked her punch and she doesn't remember a thing. JMO

Your right she writes a book goes to counciling turns her life around becomes a a reporter for the "E" channel or gets her own reality show Life with the Anthony's

Wow ... I didn't think of the reality show gig ... lol

The amazing part is that many of celebrities have said it doesn't matter if they are loved or hated .... just as long as they are talked about. Because then there is money to be made.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back