Will March 19 'Supermoon' Trigger Natural Disasters?

Chiquita71, I have thought the same thing. The only country nuclear weapons were used in war upon, now has a nuclear problem. I'm sorry for thinking this, but I thought, well they may be more advanced in treating radiation since they already have a history. But I need to research more on that.
I feel for them all.
I also agree with you about Mother Earth. I love your line Mother Africa Awakens. When I was much younger, I used to scrawl on bathroom walls "Mother Earth Laughs in Flowers".

It still does!

Typically, you will see effects a few days before and after a full moon.

Sadly, I am one who is usually effected by it. Now I am a Christian, and I do not buy into astrology, but I have Bi Polar. And the moon cycles DO effect my psyche. I plan to be in a very relaxing stress free environment next weekend. My meds have already been upped and I am staying away from alcohol.

As far as natural disasters, I am one that believes that it does have an effect. Remember the Christmas Tsunami -2004 I think?-there was a supermoon then.

Why wouldn't the moon effect our bodies. If it effects tides(liquid),we are composed of lots of liquid. Makes sense to me.
I wonder what effect it has on molten lava(liquid)

Last night the moon was beautiful, tonight it will be even prettier.

Chiquita71, I have thought the same thing. The only country nuclear weapons were used in war upon, now has a nuclear problem. I'm sorry for thinking this, but I thought, well they may be more advanced in treating radiation since they already have a history. But I need to research more on that.
I feel for them all.
I also agree with you about Mother Earth. I love your line Mother Africa Awakens. When I was much younger, I used to scrawl on bathroom walls "Mother Earth Laughs in Flowers".

I read an article on CNN written by a Japanese person who lives in the US and works as a radiation oncologist. She said most Japanese shy away from any type of job with radiation involved. She's involved in a program that urges young people there to consider taking those types of jobs.

I don't want to scare tlcox but our wonderful :rollseyes: governer got on the tv tonight and announced to the world that we have 29, yes, 29 nec-U-ler reacters in Illinios.
I'd just like to personally thank him for that. Thank you Otto.
I'm a movin

I don't want to scare tlcox but our wonderful :rollseyes: governer got on the tv tonight and announced to the world that we have 29, yes, 29 nec-U-ler reacters in Illinios.
I'd just like to personally thank him for that. Thank you Otto.
I'm a movin

Thanks drip-drop!!!! I needed that today! You are always welcome at my home in Georgia/South Carolina!!!

Thanks drip-drop!!!! I needed that today! You are always welcome at my home in Georgia/South Carolina!!!

Thank you dear. We have a great place up in the mountains of Idaho. Very few people Very VERY quiet. A beautiful log house. You are welcome there if things get rough down hill.
ETA: we can pan for gold together!!

It seems to me, that best action always involves preparing for emergencies, and then living life the way it's supposed to be lived.

While I don't know about supermoons and things like that, I do know about EQs. And I've graduated RN school, so know more than the average bear about what needs to be ready and what can be delayed.

Today, I will take some time - not much, but some - and get a bit more bottled water, some canned food that can be eaten cold (like beans and stuff), and some 1st aid stuff. And then I will make sure my horse has enough food for the next month (which I regularly do, anyway), make sure the cats have food, and that I have what I need for the next few weeks in terms of meds. I have plenty of batteries, and I also have enough candles for a church. LOL.

Once that's done...I'll go on about my life, living it the way I've been living it. Doing my normal things. Getting on with my life.

There is a balance that one can find - and it's not hard. Once you have gotten ready for self-sustaining for a week or so (or two), then just go on about your life. No sense worrying about what might happen - it might, it might not. But if you are prepared, it helps to make sure you get through if something does happen.

Not sure if that helps any...but that's what I do, living in EQ/wildfire country like I do.

Best-
Herding Cats

Well said HC!!! Are we long-lost sisters or something??? Definitely sisters in WS's!!! I also prepare for the worst and hope for the best. That includes my two horses, 8 cats, and an amusing "thinks-she-is-human" beagle dog!!! This whole 'earthquake/tsunami/nuclear incident' has at the very least proven that life is unpredictable and dangerous. The Japanese people have proven that the most horrific experiences can be managed with honor and dignity.

Don't think I will go into panic buying mode, but all of this business has set me on edge, I won't lie. I live not far from the mardid faultline so I live in a state of wondering when that shoe is going to drop anyway, although right now the ring of fire seems to be the big show.

I think the Extreme Supermoon may be a big wash as far as causing immediate earth disasters, but I do think we are in for quite a show from nature during this whole year. I also do think the predicted solar storms may affect some of our technology we've become so attached to.

Oh I live in Illinois central more south. Do you remember the earthquake I was so scare.

I remember one back around 1989 or thereabouts. First time I had ever heard of the fault. It scared teh carp outta me. middle of the day and the earth starts shaking. Then there was one afew years back in the middle of the night that shook us awake in bed, lol. It was like one of those cheap hotel beds that take quarters.

I have been a little wierded out since.

I remember one back around 1989 or thereabouts. First time I had ever heard of the fault. It scared teh carp outta me. middle of the day and the earth starts shaking. Then there was one afew years back in the middle of the night that shook us awake in bed, lol. It was like one of those cheap hotel beds that take quarters.

I have been a little wierded out since.

Yes the acouple years ago. In the middle of night...I still worry about another one. That was awful! I hear rumble now I make everyone get outside :::::::::::::(

Even tonight the moon is extraordinarily bright! I cannot stare directly at it for very long without it bothering my eyes, which never happens, normally.

Very bright, and around 8 pm this evening, the sky from the zenith down about a third of the way to the horizon seemed illuminated. Like backlighting. Normally, the moon appears bright when the sky is dark. I also found it was difficult to stare directly at it for more than a few moments. Interesting that you did, too, DK because I thought it might be my imagination. lol

Very bright, and around 8 pm this evening, the sky from the zenith down about a third of the way to the horizon seemed illuminated. Like backlighting. Normally, the moon appears bright when the sky is dark. I also found it was difficult to stare directly at it for more than a few moments. Interesting that you did, too, DK because I thought it might be my imagination. lol

You guys are so fortunate to see the moon. We're socked in cloud cover tonight and tomoz night the forcast is for showers with the chance of a thunderstorm !!! Hopefully there will pictures on the net. xox

People will tell you there is no evidence of a full moon effecting behavior either. I worked in a psych hospital and ,yes it did!
I work in one now Hockeymom and and you aint a kidden!
Tonight was horrendous,tommorow...I dont even want to think about it!

It's called an “extreme supermoon” and when it rises in the eastern sky on Saturday, it won't just be full, it also will be making its closest approach to Earth in 18 years.

If no clouds get in the way, it should be a great night for stargazers. But the moon, which will appear about 10 to 15 percent larger than normal, could create abnormally high tides from Friday through Sunday, experts say.
“The tides are definitely going to be higher ... worldwide,” said astronomer Arnold Pearlstein

wonderful video at link:
http://www.courier-journal.com/arti...ming-local-view-may-obscured?odyssey=nav|head

March 16, 2011: Mark your calendar. On March 19th, a full Moon of rare size and beauty will rise in the east at sunset. It's a super "perigee moon"--the biggest in almost 20 years.

"The last full Moon so big and close to Earth occurred in March of 1993," says Geoff Chester of the US Naval Observatory in Washington DC. "I'd say it's worth a look."

Full Moons vary in size because of the oval shape of the Moon's orbit. It is an ellipse with one side (perigee) about 50,000 km closer to Earth than the other (apogee): diagram. Nearby perigee moons are about 14% bigger and 30% brighter than lesser moons that occur on the apogee side of the Moon's orbit

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2011/16mar_supermoon/

[video=youtube;r1yalg_Apdw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1yalg_Apdw[/video]

the moon was beautiful last night. Looking forward to tonight.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back