Will the McCanns Willing Go to Portugal?

Will the McCanns willingly go to Portugal, if requested?

• Yes - they will go

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • No - they will use their fancy lawyer to fight extradition

Votes: 48 80.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
ThoughtFox I don't believe "fear" was mentioned...Though we obviously disagree that they "seem" guilty, they are being condemned for being "upset and anguished" at the thought of the ordeal of taking part in the re-enactment of their childs kidnapping.
Very natural feelings for any parents I would think....guilty or not.

But they can't have it both ways. They can't constantly say they are willing to fly anywhere and do anything to get her back, but then balk at going to Portugal. Since that's where she disappeared, it's only logical that they might need to go back there, right?

But they can't have it both ways. They can't constantly say they are willing to fly anywhere and do anything to get her back, but then balk at going to Portugal. Since that's where she disappeared, it's only logical that they might need to go back there, right?
ThoughtFox they have said they will take part in a re-enacktment if it is done and then used in a way that helps publisize Madeleine and the search for her. The concern they seem to have is if it is done in "secret". After the PJ's track record in secrecy I think these concerns are understandable.
It's been a very long time since we saw any signs of the PJ searching for Madeleine:waitasec: even though they have admitted they don't know if she is dead or alive.

Well, it seems they are packing their bags........... or is that "unpacking" their bags?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/10/nmaddy110.xml

This article says they are not going back as long as they continue to be suspects. April - you may be right in your post above. They come right out and say they are suspicious about the PJ's motive.

However, I think it is more about using the actors...... if the actors do the recreation, the McCanns don't have to worry they will screw up and give themselves away.

Just my opinion but they get no sympathy from me.

Salem

Well, it seems they are packing their bags........... or is that "unpacking" their bags?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/04/10/nmaddy110.xml

This article says they are not going back as long as they continue to be suspects. April - you may be right in your post above. They come right out and say they are suspicious about the PJ's motive.

However, I think it is more about using the actors...... if the actors do the recreation, the McCanns don't have to worry they will screw up and give themselves away.

Just my opinion but they get no sympathy from me.

Salem
No problem Salem, we are all entitled to our opinion. :)

They are going back, mark my words....

"There is no reply until now. The McCanns have appended a document to the process files, stating that they are available to come to Portugal on the 15th and 16th of May, but it's simply a declaration of their intentions. They do not guarantee that they will be present", a source from the criminal section of the Portimao court has told 24Horas."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2124043&postcount=247

Watch the Portuguese Press thread.....

"There is no reply until now. The McCanns have appended a document to the process files, stating that they are available to come to Portugal on the 15th and 16th of May, but it's simply a declaration of their intentions. They do not guarantee that they will be present", a source from the criminal section of the Portimao court has told 24Horas."

I hope you are right Colomom!

BTW, there is no option for me to vote on the thread but I would be voting No, I cannot see them going back!

Thanks, colomom - don't you think this "leak" was let out to the press because Clarence and the McCanns were stonewalling about not coming back to Portugal? Mmm-hmmm. :clap:

Sometimes the best thing is the light of day.

They wouldn't have hired a lawyer skilled in fighting deportations if they planned to go back willingly.

Yes ladies, I believe that they do not want to go back.

And I do think they are making all kinds of excuses for why they can't return, frailty comes to mind.

However their Arguido status specifically stipulates that, if requested, they must return. I am not sure that it would be a matter of deportation. This is a cloudy area. I think they know they have to return and have already agreed BUT, they are going to do their best to make the PJ look like bullies for forcing them to come back. Stonewalling, yes TF.

But, from what I am reading, they have agreed to return (May 15th, 16th?) and my gut tells me that as soon as they do.....their fooked.

We shall see.

Stonewalling, yes TF.

But, from what I am reading, they have agreed to return (May 15th, 16th?) and my gut tells me that as soon as they do.....their fooked.

Indeed - I concur.

And this news this morning has a quote that we'll repeat more than once, I predict:

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages...ews.html?in_article_id=558982&in_page_id=1770

One said: "Requests for cooperation were sent to various people living outside of Portugal, namely the McCanns, the seven friends they were having tapas with the night Madeleine disappeared, the two spokespeople they had, a friend Gerry McCann was playing tennis with and another friend, Jeremy Wilkins.

"We've already received several responses. No one's said 'no'.

"But the demands they make to return are impossible to entertain.

"One of the couples demanded a private jet to travel with their children to the Algarve. Another demanded they be put up in a five-star hotel.

"The demands they all made demonstrate a clear strategy by lawyers. The only thing missing from the list was a request that we send them to the moon on skates."

To the Moon! :clap:

Congratulations SleuthMom! What did you name this newest member of your family?

I agree - the writing was on the wall when the McCanns hired their fancy lawyer. Sooooo sad for Maddie.

Salem

Is anyone *really* surprised? It was obvious when they hired the fancy lawyer they made clear that they won't return to Portugal willingly.

PS: Sorry I was not able to be here often, I gave birth to my third child on April 11th. It's a beautiful boy, our third boy actually! :)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2140422#post2140422

739d5002944d3a397f6a80c68be195f2.gif

Nice to see you here sleuthmom :blowkiss:

waaaahhhhh.gif

Congratulations SleuthMom :clap: ....i'm so happy for you:)

Well, to date, I guess 78.95% of us were right. They did not return to Portugal when asked. Not only the parents didn't go, but neither did their so-called friends.

Salem

Well, to date, I guess 78.95% of us were right. They did not return to Portugal when asked. Not only the parents didn't go, but neither did their so-called friends.

Salem

Gosh, for some reason this makes me think of a quote I saw somewhere..."Where all think alike, no one thinks very much"

I guess 78.95% of us don't think very much...but extremely accurate when we do.:saythat:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B_Hazey