Will the real TH please stand up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just read quickly over this thread, and there's one thing I don't see mentioned:

Just who is the Terri who won't challenge a restraining order that keeps her away from her own child for at least a year?

How does this Terri fit in with the wonderful stepmother/mother who other parents trusted with their children...and who certainly would not harm Kyron?

I believe she did this on the advice of her attorneys. But then, none of us know what's really going on behind the scenes.

Your post did get my attention. I respect your right to your opinion, but, I, MOO, would be VERY surprised if "a large majority" of adults over the age of 35 who are married send racy messages and suggestive/nude photos to someone other than his/her spouse.

There are numerous things about TH that do not project a positive image IMO, but the above is one of the most striking. TH is the mother to a teenage son. Can you imagine the "pain and humiliation" that young man would (will) probably face if/when these pictures surface on the internet? An educated individual who doesn't "get" the layers of consequences of "putting it in writing" and sexting pictures of herself, is not someone I would want teaching my child.

Just 5 years ago, when she was old enough to know better, she endangered the life of the same son by driving under the influence at almost twice the legal limit. This conviction was a felony. I am sure that she did not renew her teaching license until this year, because the State of Oregon requires that candidates may not have a DUI within 5 years of application.

Additionally she has a terrible driving record. "In the records search, it was learned Kyron Horman's step-mom wracked up more in traffic violations before her DUI conviction. ABC reports TH had about nine traffic infractions, which included mostly speeding with one being she drove with an expired license - happening between the years of 1988 and 2004." http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/kyron-hor...d-explosive-court-documents/story?id=11050953

What this says to me is she has very little regard for "rules". TH does not seem to have regard for the safety, welfare, or anguish of others including those who love(loved) her. The early tickets could well have been youthful "indiscretions," but a woman who wants to be an educator should exhibit more self-control and better planning to avoid multiple speeding tickets. I'm surprised her license was not suspended and can't imagine how much her auto insurance would be with 7-8 speeding violations and a DUI.

Being married three times, especially in this day and age, is not a character condemnation. However, as other posters have noted, TH has some odd twists and turns in her marital relationships. No marriage lasted more than 4 years. Her average seems to be three years with a year for the divorce. She moved in with KH in 2002, DUI in 2005, marriage in 2007, and then the alleged plot to have him killed by late 2009. Money is an underlying motif whether it was a concern about inheritance, child support, life insurance, etc. in all three marriages.

IMO, TH was hyper-critical of KyH's teacher in various circumstances. (In emails she criticizes the lack of organization of the SF, the teacher is "hard of hearing" and it's the teacher's first year")...IMO she seems to be saying, "I, TH, could have done a better job." I have no idea why she brought the baby with her into KyH's class or would celebrate the baby's birthday in that classroom. Frankly, this would be a distraction in the learning environment and I question whether KyH would have found "sharing the spotlight" with his baby sister enjoyable.

I haven't heard many explanations for the downward spiral in TH's physical appearance since the birth of baby K. Looking at pictures of her shortly after the birth and in June and the most recent court appearance, the difference in weight, demeanor, and focus is striking. In fact compare the pictures of the June press conference and the court appearance. Certainly the first pictures of Desiree were not flattering either, but TH's picture at the time of June PC is, again MOO, shows a vastly different person.

Honestly, the TH I know is based on the public facts of her life. I do not "like" this TH. I have no idea what exculpatory or extenuating circumstances might influence her choices, but I certainly see a pattern of thoughtless, self-centered decisions, that have impacted the lives of those nearest to her.

I haven't even touched on the "hinky" story of her bio-son's move, the statements about the "state of her marriage" (KH VS TH versions), the secret drinking or drinking herself to sleep, the obsession with body building, etc

I am certainly not trained to diagnose or suggest possible mental issues. I can observe a pattern of behaviors that are either illegal and/or dangerous as well as harmful to others. MOO...

Thank you for your post. You stated things so well. I thought to save my self time :blushing: I will say...ya what Tink said.

I believe she did this on the advice of her attorneys. But then, none of us know what's really going on behind the scenes.

Well, I certainly assume she refrained from challenging the RO on the advice of her attorney.

But why would her attorney feel the need to advise her this way? That's the big question.

We can only answer by noting that since Terri chose to follow his advice (and give up seeing her child), he must have had "good" reasons.

And then we're back full circle to scratching our heads over this woman who was supposed to be a great mother/stepmother. :waitasec:

Well, I certainly assume she refrained from challenging the RO on the advice of her attorney.

But why would her attorney feel the need to advise her this way? That's the big question.

We can only answer by noting that since Terri chose to follow his advice (and give up seeing her child), he must have had "good" reasons.

And then we're back full circle to scratching our heads over this woman who was supposed to be a great mother/stepmother. :waitasec:

I think it's pretty obvious that, guilty or not, she's going to face charges and most likely go to trial over Kyron's disappearance. It makes perfect sense why he'd advise her to hold off contesting the RO for now.

I think it's pretty obvious that, guilty or not, she's going to face charges and most likely go to trial over Kyron's disappearance. It makes perfect sense why he'd advise her to hold off contesting the RO for now.

Calliope, are we sure that her attorney advised her not to contest the restraining order? It's possible that once he explained to her the penality for lying under oath in a civil case--or that her testimony could be used against her in the criminal case, that she CHOSE not to testify. Or maybe all along she has not wanted to discuss the MFH in a public forum

Not meaning to argue your point, but the above just occurred to me....

Calliope, are we sure that her attorney advised her not to contest the restraining order? It's possible that once he explained to her the penality for lying under oath in a civil case--or that her testimony could be used against her in the criminal case, that she CHOSE not to testify. Or maybe all along she has not wanted to discuss the MFH in a public forum

Wouldn't that amount to the same thing?

I understand. I believe it was answered in the attorney thread that they can't use it in her criminal case. (I have to go check again)

Wouldn't that amount to the same thing?

If it was Terri's idea not to testify, knowing she would lose baby K, it certainly speaks to her guilt. In the MFH allegation, at least.

We all have been assuming all along that this was a legal strategy recommended by her lawyer.

I understand. I believe it was answered in the attorney thread that they can't use it in her criminal case. (I have to go check again)

Sorry, I thought it could be used against her. That makes me think it is possible it was not advice from her lawyer, then.

If it was Terri's idea not to testify, knowing she would lose baby K, it certainly speaks to her guilt. In the MFH allegation, at least.

We all have been assuming all along that this was a legal strategy recommended by her lawyer.

The only accusation in the RO application that's within the 180 day timeframe was that he believed she was involved in Kyron's disappearance. The MFH plot was added as being outside that limit.

I don't know about speaking to guilt or innocence. It speaks quite clearly to the wisdom of not approaching a civil court to be forced into answering charges in a criminal matter that have yet to be brought, just because the father can use those charges in a civil matter to determine suitability to parent the child.

Kaine out-maneuvered Terri, plain and simple. I think this divorce was in the works for him for a long time, and he pulled a sneaky. It's all justified with "Well, I believe she kidnapped my son and LE (WHICH LE???) gave me reason to believe she wanted to have me killed."

This was a one-up move. I am convinced.

Sorry, I thought it could be used against her. That makes me think it is possible it was not advice from her lawyer, then.

No, because a civil finding of liability is only a finding by a preponderance of the evidence (or sometimes "clear and convincing" evidence). Civil findings therefore hold no water in a criminal case.

Civil findings could not be mentioned in a criminal case because they would be irrelevent and confusing to the jury.

The jury might be asked in voir dire if any of them followed the related civil case, whether or not they could set aside whatever they knew about the civil case in making their determination, etc. They would not be given any instruction about it at the end of the case, though, because in theory they wouldn't know about it because it wasn't mentioned during the trial. ;)

I was asking how the civil case would impact the criminal, and if the jury would be instructed to disregard what they'd read/heard about the civil.

I don't know about speaking to guilt or innocence. It speaks quite clearly to the wisdom of not approaching a civil court to be forced into answering charges in a criminal matter that have yet to be brought, just because the father can use those charges in a civil matter to determine suitability to parent the child.

Kaine out-maneuvered Terri, plain and simple. I think this divorce was in the works for him for a long time, and he pulled a sneaky. It's all justified with "Well, I believe she kidnapped my son and LE (WHICH LE???) gave me reason to believe she wanted to have me killed."

This was a one-up move. I am convinced.

I am a little confused here. Are you implying that Kaine asked LE to set up a sting for the landscaper that LE discovered and talked to . The landscaper revealed the MFH plot.

So what part did Kaine play in this? He asked for the sting so that he could get a divorce?

While this whole not fighting the RO is a bit of a sticking point for me, I can see how it would be near impossible to dis-prove what LE has said about the murder plot. What, really, can she say other than "no, I didn't" and if LE is saying "yes, she did", not sure the judge would listen to her. And we know she can't care for her baby at this time. I'm just back and forth on this...I would think she would want to fight for at least some visitation, even supervised, but can also understand that she may have been told it is futile.

Well, I have a problem with LE getting involved in a civil case. Warning him that they had someone tell them of a MFH is one thing, the rest is over the top IMO.

The problem with enticing Kyron is difficult considering his personality. Kaine stated that Kyron was shy, obeyed the rules, didn't wander off, didn't get up in the morning to go watch cartoons or eat cereal - he stayed in his bed until someone came and got him. Can you imagine that kind of child being enticed away from school?

bbm If that is so, why did the teacher think he was only on an unauthorized bathroom break or getting a drink?

I am hoping that LE and Kyron's parents know much more about TH than is currently being disclosed. So far, I have seen allegations of inappropriate "sexting", not adulterous affairs. I have heard of liquor bottles mysteriously being depleted, but not of drunken behavior. There has been a claim of murder for hire that occurred at least 6 months prior to June, but no report to police until the LS was questioned regarding Kyron's disappearance.

We have heard ad nauseum, challenges for TH to "do the right thing". Has anyone ever wondered about the pecularity of that oft repeated phrase?

I simply do not understand the wisdom of demonizing the one person who is believed to hold the key to the child's whereabouts. I think the investigation has been badly mishandled from the beginning. It appears, to me at least, that a trial by public opinion is playing out based upon suspicion, innuendo and alleged nefarious behavior. My mother used to always tell me that you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. TH's life has already been totally trashed, she has lost her daughter, her home, her reputation. What does she gain by disclosing whatever it is they she she knows or has done?

The only accusation in the RO application that's within the 180 day timeframe was that he believed she was involved in Kyron's disappearance. The MFH plot was added as being outside that limit.

So you think she may not have been required to testify about that in hearing? How did I miss this? Asleep at the keyboard, I guess!

Then why didn't she go ahead with the hearing? Afraid what she had to say about Kyron's disappearance would be used against her?

Well, I have a problem with LE getting involved in a civil case. Warning him that they had someone tell them of a MFH is one thing, the rest is over the top IMO.

I really do agree with you. The only thing that could justify it in my mind is if LE believed baby K was in danger and that cutting off contact with Terri would take her out of danger.

So you think she may not have been required to testify about that in hearing? How did I miss this? Asleep at the keyboard, I guess!

Then why didn't she go ahead with the hearing? Afraid what she had to say about Kyron's disappearance would be used against her?

I don't know what she would have had to answer to; the MFH was included, even though it didn't fit the timeframe. But I can see where her defense attorney wouldn't want to tip his hand, regardless of her guilt or innocence.

Hopefully, when LE discovered the MFH plot with the LS, they investigated to make sure that Terri hadn't found someone else or others to carry out her evil plot. That would take time, so better have Kaine and baby K out of harms way....just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa