Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

Will the Rebecca Zahau case be reopened?

• No

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Yes, if they get a new lead.

Votes: 24 36.9%
  • Yes, if a new witness comes forward.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I don't see any reason for the case to be reopened.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 16 24.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have many, many friends and acquaintances in both Coronado and San Diego. I have never heard any talk of anything other than the tragic death of Max and the suicide of Rebecca. Everyone I know accepted the rulings, but are now questioning the original finding in Max's death, not Rebecca's. JMO

Then how do you explain Mayor Casey Tanaka standing behind the findings of Chief Scanlon and the CPD concerning Max's death? They said it was an accident.

I have close friends and many relatives that live in and around San Diego and on the Island. I have heard through conversations with all of them over the last 6 months and every one of them think that Rebecca was most certainly murdered. Interesting how differing social circles see things.

I have many, many friends and acquaintances in both Coronado and San Diego. I have never heard any talk of anything other than the tragic death of Max and the suicide of Rebecca. Everyone I know accepted the rulings, but are now questioning the original finding in Max's death, not Rebecca's. JMO

Have all these people your referring to signed the petition? Last count BOTH Max's and Rebecca's were at the same number of signatures And last I checked many people on Maxie's House FB page made comments, one just recently, about how they thought Rebecca's death was very suspicious and they hoped both investigations were open. A huge percentage of the people who made comments on the petition to reopen Max's investigation mentioned they would like Rebecca's investigation opened as well.

Ann Rule did not interview anyone from the Shacknai or Romano families.

Jonah may have not have spoken directly with Anne Rule, rather he may have chosen to "communicate" with her through an agent or 3rd party attorney. Jonah for obvious reasons would want that arrangement to be kept secret from Dina and the greater public as well. I am sure Anne would be happy to oblige with that cover in order to facilitate communication with a key player like Jonah.

The media hasn't lost interest. Ann Rule with over a dozen New York Times Best Seller's under her belt has a book coming out on this case in less than 2 weeks. I hardly call that the public or media losing interest. Simon and Shuster would never be promoting this book if it wasn't going to make money for them. My best guess, is that Jonah may have decided that being a gentleman and gracious to Dina's grief hasn't worked well for him so far. I imagine its very likely he may have long time close friends finally address the truth. It will be up to Anne to write what she interprets that as being.

I haven't seen any media coverage for a couple of months. A book coming out is for profit and isn't the same as media coverage. Of course it will be promoted but no guarantee it will make any money at all nor do I really care.

Jonah's feelings for Dina are irrelevant just as her feelings for him are irrelevant. They are divorced. I seriously doubt Jonah has given Ms. Rule the time of day.

JMO

Sorry but I have to disagree. An ICU has plenty of witnesses who are all pretty focused on patients and there is no guarantee their recall is perfect as to the comings and goings of a patient's parent.

In this case, the cell phone records were subpoened anyway. Evidence such as security video and cell phone records are far more reliable than witnesses. The Sheriff could not ignore the cell phone triangulation and he didn't.

JMO

http://www.innocenceproject.org/understand/Eyewitness-Misidentification.php

Eyewitness Misidentification

Eyewitness misidentification is the single greatest cause of wrongful convictions nationwide, playing a role in nearly 75% of convictions overturned through DNA testing.

While eyewitness testimony can be persuasive evidence before a judge or jury, 30 years of strong social science research has proven that eyewitness identification is often unreliable. Research shows that the human mind is not like a tape recorder; we neither record events exactly as we see them, nor recall them like a tape that has been rewound. Instead, witness memory is like any other evidence at a crime scene; it must be preserved carefully and retrieved methodically, or it can be contaminated.

Yeah, but It's difficult to mistake a large, black bag for a little pink Coach wristlet and a black and white striped short sleeve shirt for a gray yoga jacket. :great:

Yeah, but It's difficult to mistake a large, black bag for a little pink Coach wristlet and a black and white striped short sleeve shirt for a gray yoga jacket. :great:

Not too difficult if alcohol or drugs were a factor. I think there is good reason LE didn't find the witness credible.

JMO

Not too difficult if alcohol or drugs were a factor. I think there is good reason LE didn't find the witness credible.

JMO

Do you have some specific information about the witness and investigation or is this just speculation on your part?

If you have some kind of inside perspective on this case, perhaps you should register as a case "insider".

Do you have some specific information about the witness and investigation or is this just speculation on your part?

If you have some kind of inside perspective on this case, perhaps you should register as a case "insider".

I agree Betty P, that is quite a "leap" to make in suggesting something like that.........unless one knows the witness quite well. However, I do know this person, and there is nothing further from the truth, and I am sure that they will not be pleased to know that these types of comments are being made, perhaps even seeking legal recourse for such statements.

Excuse me? I was just speculating as to why LE said they didn't find the person credible. You'll have to ask them directly as to their reasoning.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members