will you watch the defense closing argument?

Will you be watching the Defense Closing?

• Yes, I would not miss it.

Votes: 45 15.8%
  • Yes, only because I feel like I have to see the whole picture

Votes: 73 25.6%
  • Yes (other reason not specified)

Votes: 25 8.8%
  • Maybe (I haven't decided yet)

Votes: 66 23.2%
  • Absolutely Not!

Votes: 50 17.5%
  • No (other unspecified reason)

Votes: 26 9.1%

• Total voters
My first instinct was to say

NO absolutely NOT

but I couldn't click it because if I am honest with myself, like Nurse said, I will probably not be able to resist the :trainwreck: that will be the DT closing.

I will not like it, but if I do find myself watching, I will be unable to turn away.

So I opted for maybe.

I voted maybe, don't know if I can stomach listening to more lies, and especially hearing Travis trashed like the have done the entire trial.

I don't think I can stomach giving the DT my undivided attention but I'll have the channel on and volume turned up. Others mentioned they'll be watching in solidarity with the A family. I hadn't thought of that but agree with those who did.
I made a JA pin cushion /voodoo doll on the weekend. Perhaps I'll sit and sew something that requires lots of pins while I watch.

When I was a child, I'd watched horror movies through my fingers, so if things got bad, I could hide. I will watch it on mute and read here. If something looks interesting I might turn on the sound.

Right now, I might watch to see what the jury is being fed, but I'm thinking of changing the channel if he goes on and on about sex.

It's definitely going to be a :trainwreck:

In all fairness, just have to see what they (the DT) say...

Would not want to be in their position, no way, no how...

But they have a job to do, and if they don't do it well (however one may define that) it may lead to issues down the road (assuming the case goes as 'everyone thinks it will' - including me )...

Just hoping that whomever speaks is not totally laughable...which may happen...we'll see...

How can you discuss the case if you don't?

Because we've watched four months of this trial and seen every piece of evidence and heard everything that's already been said. This is closing statements, a summary of the case. Maybe a little more vitriolic as it's the defense's last opportunity to run the bus over the victim and torture his family one more time. It's not going to impede the discussion.

I can discuss the case without any contribution from the DT and their spin. What I won't be able to discuss if I opt out of the DT closing is just that, their final sad attempt at spinning their client.

So worst case scenerio, if I don't watch the DT closing, I simply won't be able to participate in the picking apart of it.

I've already said on the earlier thread I'm not, I'm going to see my dad. I've given Nurmi enough of my time. I've listened to heinous lies from the DT and way too much sex out of Nurmi's mouth, I don't expect tomorrow to be any different than the months they ran a circus in that court. I'll check in here and follow you guys. I have respect for everyone who are going to endure TA being torn apart some more to show support for the family, I'll have TA's family and all of you in my thoughts tomorrow.

I saw the opening statement and the last two months of the case in chief so i for sure don't need to hear their closing argument to round out what I know about the case. that is just me however.

:twocents::twocents:

I voted maybe because I've heard so much crap (yes, crap) from the DT for 4 months and I just don't want to hear any more. :innocent:

I don't plan to watch because it will be my birthday and I have plans to get out of the house and try to do something to break the depressive state I am in (not because of the trial... health and family issues), but I will probably be checking my iPhone for updates.

No. I cannot suffer more endless sex talk from Nurmi and listen to the defense's last desperate effort to blame Travis for his own death, while attempting to paint Arias as a victim.

I wanted to slug someone every time this unprofessional duo had the nerve to object during Mr. M's closing. One time only, when he began to ask the jury to put themselves in a certain situation, which he legally cannot do, did they have a leg to object on. And we don't know for sure where he was going with that question anyway. But compared to everything those two have pulled throughout this trial, they should have kept their mouths shut.

Jennifer Wilmott's continuous eye-rolling, head shaking, and glaring at Juan reeks of desperation. I would expect that of Jodi Arias, but Wilmott is supposed to be a professional.

I had to edit to say: Bravo to all of you who are watching in solidarity with the Alexander family. I cannot bear it, but I will be praying for the family and friends and our brave WS's that the time flies by for everyone. :)

Respectfully, all MHOO.

:bdsong::bdsong:
I don't plan to watch because it will be my birthday and I have plans to get out of the house and try to do something to break the depressive state I am in (not because of the trial... health and family issues), but I will probably be checking my iPhone for updates.
Have a great day tomorrow :)

I'm going to miss most of Nurmi and I'm glad as he is so boring with his monotone voice and way of speaking. I noticed that JW did a lot of scribbling today during JM's closing but I only saw Nurmi write something down once or twice.

Personally, I think the defence's closing will seal the deal for the prosecution.

Today, I stayed on my den couch (had HLN on tv) and only left during the lunch break and afternoon break -- Juan was excellent -- tomorrow, I have decided to put desktop in kitchen on live feed and go about my business -- just the thought of Nurmi slowwwwly going on for a few hours -- I just can't do it -- and I feel for the family who will have to put up with it -- also, I know I would get upset by listening -- but I will keep an ear open for Juan's final closing, and final instructions when they happen.

I voted maybe, but I plan on firing up the feed at 9 am and seeing how long I can hang in there. Might have to put it on mute and just watch body language. I'll be here on WS with y'all no matter what though.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back