Willamette Week article: One Tipster’s Startling Suspicions, and Frustration

So by the looks of the pics (and much, much appreciation Kimster, as always when locals do such as this really gives those of us 1000s of miles away a chance to get a real feeling&sense of the areas being discussed... I can't STRESS JUST HOW MUCH THINGS LIKE THIS ARE APPRECIATED)...and if ever the unfortunate event occurs that we would be discussing a case in "my neck of the woods" I would without hesitation return the favor...

But as I said by the looks of the pics it seems as tho what he describes seeing is NOT even there(as in the 3 of them walking into the woods)... or am I just looking at them wrong? and not seeing the area which he would be referring to???

IMO, I am beginning to think the "former Sheriff’s Capt. Bruce McCain" is looking for his 15 minutes of fame.
So it would seem.

I concede. LE should completely ignore this tip. It doesn't lead them to Terri and where she was the day Kyron disappeared.

I doubt Terri had access either to the white truck or to the freedom to take off with friends back on June 9th.

If this man really thinks he saw what he says he saw, I would hope he gets the interest of state police or some other agency to take a look in the area. I very much doubt they will find a body, but it could be checked out with much expense, I would think.

I doubt Terri had access either to the white truck or to the freedom to take off with friends back on June 9th.

If this man really thinks he saw what he says he saw, I would hope he gets the interest of state police or some other agency to take a look in the area. I very much doubt they will find a body, but it could be checked out with much expense, I would think.

I'm sure she didn't. Which means it couldn't have been Kyron.

Just talked to my friend again about Hull-Oakes mill. She confirmed what I saw, you can't access those roads behind there. They are all private property and closed off. And she said there is no way you could hear a gunshot all the way from there to the gas station.

Just wanted to update y'all! She thinks the same as I do, the tipster saw some people chasing each other around and it has nothing to do with Kyron. In fact, if he saw them pushing a boy's head down, it might be because he wasn't in a car seat or buckled up.

We also talked about both of us knowing kids that look like Kyron. In fact, my youngest looked a lot like him when he was that age!

I only saw a couple of guys spraying round up in their yards. :) Monroe is VERY quiet and today was no exception. :)

Kimster thanks for your pics..... and O/T but what's up with the Round Up? I thought ya'll were wearing Birkenstocks and carrying backpacks with trail mix and bottles of water inside! :blowkiss:

Hey, Kimster! THANKS for the photos. Oregon is truly a state of great beauty.

Really? So 5 days AFTER Kyron is missing from the school he is seen by this gentleman presumably with Terri in the family truck? Yep, that's believable. I'm sure that 5 days in to the investigation LE is watching the entire family very closely. IMO, this man's story is bogus.

I read the article at the link, and there's a disclaimer that this tip was followed up on and is not relevant to the case.

OK, so why is this even a story then? I had really hoped, early on, that WW might turn out to be the one paper who would get the real story and break some news once in a while...guess I was wrong...

Kimster thanks for your pics..... and O/T but what's up with the Round Up? I thought ya'll were wearing Birkenstocks and carrying backpacks with trail mix and bottles of water inside! :blowkiss:

Hey now! I have four pairs of Berkies. :) The outlying towns are farm land and many do use Round Up. LOL

He claims he saw three people take a little boy into the woods, one of them carrying a shovel, and then he heard a gunshot, and he didn't notify anyone about this right when it happened? And it all comes out AFTER Dede and MC have been identified as having ties to Terri? I don't put much credence in this story. (Might check out that area, though, just in case.)

He claims that he saw all of this activity from the side of the road while he was driving by? He would have had to park along side the road and watched them and then to claim that he heard a gunshot in the vicinity?

Makes me wonder what HE was doing on June 4th.

Of course he adds to this that he doesn't watch much TV.

:liar:

No matter what I personally think of TH, I can't even in my wildest dreams see her and two other people calmly marching Kyron into the woods while one of them carries a SHOVEL? Come on.:truce:

I have not read every response, so please forgive me if this is a repeat, but I find this story very difficult to believe.

The guy says he was driving down the road, so he is in a moving vehicle, yet he managed to see (and get a description of) the driver of a truck coming up fast with the driver repeatedly pushing a child's head down? And then he saw the car pull off the road to meet up with a sedan and he was able to get descriptions of the people in that vehicle, too? And THEN he saw them head off into the woods together? Tell me, how slow was this guy driving because I don't believe he could have been close enough to get the details listed in this story while still being far enough away that all of it occurred before he passed them on the road. And if he was watching their activity THAT closely, I think it's lucky he didn't wreck his own vehicle because it doesn't seem he was watching the road very well.

I don't buy it. I think the "tip" is contrived.

JMO.

He claims that he saw all of this activity from the side of the road while he was driving by? He would have had to park along side the road and watched them and then to claim that he heard a gunshot in the vicinity?

Makes me wonder what HE was doing on June 4th.

Of course he adds to this that he doesn't watch much TV.

:liar:

Oh gee! I forgot about the shovel part! After being there, that doesn't compute.

I agree that it sounds very possible that the tipster made some or all of it up on the basis of information received in the Kyron coverage. Glad it's been followed up anyway. If the shovel had anything to do with Kyron there'd be signs of recent digging.

He is being named which gives it a bit of credibility and if he reported it straight away there'd be a report of it but I would be highly alarmed and on 911 if I saw something like that I think.

It's a bit weird to me if the tipster hasn't been contacted personally. I know it requires manpower etc. but I'd think one officer would suffice to talk to him and have him point out the exact place where he saw what and it would be a lot less costly than getting staff out checking up a story and possibly searching in a wooded area near a mill or something, and later finding out that it was the wrong place, the tipster meant a different spot mile or two down the road.

I don't understand why McCain gave this tip to be published. What is the point? "Look, here's a tip that hasn't been followed up, do it at once!" "Look, these are the kind of tips they're getting, all kinds of fancy stories, stop bashing LE because it's not easy to follow all this carp up." "Look, I want my name mentioned in the paper, how can I accomplish that today?"

What kind of car does MC drive?

One thing about this stands out for me:

Not enough time to do what the shovel implies it was meant for - even if DeWitt ate lunch, gassed up and took a leak, there's not much time to dig a hole (if you've ever had to bury a pet then you know what I'm talking about).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert
Back