Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
Drugged driving is illegal, and nothing in the measures that Washington and Colorado voters passed this month to tax and regulate the sale of pot for recreational use by adults over 21 changes that. But law enforcement officials wonder about whether the ability to buy or possess marijuana legally will bring about an increase of marijuana users on the roads.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/wi...cle_5d2a01dd-2dc5-5090-b322-d8fc216ee1ba.html

There will also be an increase in littering; the roadsides will be littered with empty Cheetos bags and Big Gulp cups.

:panic:
:oddsmiley:
:popcorn:

The most danger will be people driving too slow.

Growing up in Berkeley, and being a major Grateful Dead follower, I did a whole lot of 'stoned' driving back in the day. I never got in an accident. However I did forget where I parked a few times, and I got lost too many times to count. :angel:

Considering chronic pot smokers lose ambition I project the unemployment rate skyrockets in states with legal marijuana usage.

Consider all the life long daily pot smokers you know and ask yourself to rate their level of ambition, lol. Trust me on this one.

Hi, Cubby. I have two friends who smoke daily and have for MANY years. Both have incredible and high paying jobs. It may not be the norm, but just my experience.

Hi, Cubby. I have two friends who smoke daily and have for MANY years. Both have incredible and high paying jobs. It may not be the norm, but just my experience.

I think the poster child for pot smoking over achiever is Willie Nelson. He is in his 70s and still going strong.

There is likely to be an increase of people with back / neck pain that only weed will cure too, Dr's will be writing scripts like crazy for it, and innocent people will pay the ultimate price.

Lol, stoners never leave the couch! I wouldn't worry too much about the roads. :lol:

I am kidding. :innocent:

I work with law enforcement. Those who have been career law enforcement have told me that the biggest problem with legalizing it, (and they do think it should be legalized) is that they have no way of testing the limit to operate like they do with alcohol. The majority I know, feel that once equipment is invented to limit use when operating on the roads, they would have no problem with it being legalized in every state.

I think the poster child for pot smoking over achiever is Willie Nelson. He is in his 70s and still going strong.

Just saw Willie on Dave and he does look good. As far as I know he is healthy. The pot haters are doing anything they can to stop this drug from becoming legal. Pot has been used for many years and scientific studies continually show this plant does more good than harm.

At the present time, the evidence to suggest an involvement of cannabis in road crashes is scientifically unproven.

To date ..., seven studies using culpability analysis have been reported, involving a total of 7,934 drivers. Alcohol was detected as the only drug in 1,785 drivers, and together with cannabis in 390 drivers. Cannabis was detected in 684 drivers, and in 294 of these it was the only drug detected.

... The results to date of crash culpability studies have failed to demonstrate that drivers with cannabinoids in the blood are significantly more likely than drug-free drivers to be culpable in road crashes. ... [In] cases in which THC was the only drug present were analyzed, the culpability ratio was found to be not significantly different from the no-drug group.”

http://norml.org/library/item/marijuana-and-driving-a-review-of-the-scientific-evidence

There is likely to be an increase of people with back / neck pain that only weed will cure too, Dr's will be writing scripts like crazy for it, and innocent people will pay the ultimate price.

Dewey, I was using pot for a terminally ill family member who lost 65 pounds in one month, after about 3 months they were able to gain back 40 and also able to keep food down. Medical marijuana is a valuable tool but there will be those who feign illness to get the license they need.

I work with law enforcement. Those who have been career law enforcement have told me that the biggest problem with legalizing it, (and they do think it should be legalized) is that they have no way of testing the limit to operate like they do with alcohol. The majority I know, feel that once equipment is invented to limit use when operating on the roads, they would have no problem with it being legalized in every state.

I do think that pot will be legal at some time. Where I live, in South Dakota, pot stops on Interstate 90 are a form of revenue that goes into the local and state coffers so they want to keep pot illegal. Two years ago, in a referendum question on the ballot the use of med/mar was voted down.

If the company in Mexico does buy the Hostess company, there will be Twinkies, Churritos and pot brownies marketed by them.

Dewey, I was using pot for a terminally ill family member who lost 65 pounds in one month, after about 3 months they were able to gain back 40 and also able to keep food down. Medical marijuana is a valuable tool but there will be those who feign illness to get the license they need.

Exactly my point, abuse by those who do NOT need it.

I still see it as recreational, but that's me. I wouldn't want to smoke everyday. I do know those who were burnt by the time they reached 30 and others who smoked morning, noon and night and are highly functional.

Slow driving is definitely a side-effect, but road rage would dwindle. :) Personally, driving stoned is NOT a good idea for the mere fact your reaction time to those straight or drunken nutballs on the highways who throw caution to the wind is slower....and it's still a mind altering drug.

How many people on meds that recommend 'Do Not Drive or Operate Machinery' follow the advise...or people who abuse prescription drugs?

Considering chronic pot smokers lose ambition I project the unemployment rate skyrockets in states with legal marijuana usage.

Consider all the life long daily pot smokers you know and ask yourself to rate their level of ambition, lol. Trust me on this one.
The vast majority of folks Ive known who use Pot occasionally have been ambitous hard working active folk...far more then the recreational drinkers ive known.

Dewey, when this law goes into effect in CO and WA you won"t need a doctor's note. You'll ve able to bt it direct.

Slow, mellow drivers? Sounds like a win, especially here in Mass where drivers are notoriously angry and fast lol.

We already decriminalized personal use amounts a while back, and now this past election we legalized medical mj. Next step is legalizing recreational use, bring it on. I keep saying I've got a nice spot I'm saving in my herb garden to grow some extra. :)

As far as smokers and ambition - the biggest smokers I know are my aunt and uncle, who grow, smoke a couple times a day, and both are in their 50s and have always worked, and worked hard, and have smoked a lot of pot since their teen years. Have a Nice house they gutted and renovated beautifully themselves. What's really funny to me is that they are probably the most conservative die hard republicans I know - certainly the only ones in my family lol. But they def agree on pot legalization!

I find it amazing that the same country that has no problem with the dispensing of all kinds of prescription pills is so uptight about pot.I'd much rather see someone smoke some weed than pop a pill. As with anything, moderation is the key.you will have some who overuse, but most people are using it recreationally. The biggest problem I see is the munchies. My sister smoked before Thanksgiving dinner and she ate like it was her last meal ever!! I've never seen a mean pot smoker but have seen plenty of mean drunks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael C Vang
Back