Woman accused of poisoning friend with eyedrops

Video is six minutes.

“You cannot take suicide and turn it into a homicide, nor can you say money that was given was then taken. It has been 1,278 since she passed, when will they get it right?"

"This is NOT a game, this IS my life!” JK (partial from JK's Facebook page)

Eyedrops Murder Trial | WI v. Jessy Kurczeweski | Next Trial​

Jessy Kurczewski in Wisconsin is accused of killing her friend Lynn Hernan by giving her a fatal dose of eye drops. Prosecutors say Kurczewski then staged the scene to look like a suicide. Jury selection is underway with #OpeningStatements happening this week.

In a handwritten letter to WISN 12 News, she wrote, "Not getting her (Hernan) proper help or realizing how bad things were I will always regret, but I have a clear conscious (sic) because I did not kill her."

According to court documents, the jury trial is scheduled until the end of November.

WAUKESHA, Wis. —

... A jury of 16 is now seated in the homicide trial for the woman accused of poisoning a longtime family friend with eye drops.

... Opening statements are expected to begin Tuesday afternoon.

Updated: 6:08 PM CDT Oct 23, 2023

First witnesses could be called Tuesday​

Waukesha County Judge Jennifer Dorow, who's presiding over the case, said Monday she expected to spend Tuesday morning ruling on several motions from prosecutors and the defense.

She said the goal would be to begin opening statements around 1 p.m. and begin calling witnesses before wrapping for the day.

The state filed a motion not to broadcast the testimony of the medical examiner and a toxicologist, They claim the testimonies could be considered a “how-to-kill-playbook” - They are arguing this motion right now.

The doctors are expected to testify that tetrahydrozoline was the substance used to poison the victim.

Judge Dorow denies the state's motion. The two doctors will testify on camera.

One of the seated jurors told a bailiff last night that he would not be showing up today. Judge Dorow said she's instructed bailiffs that if he's not there by 12:05 (jury reporting at 12) they are to find him.

We remember Judge Jennifer Dorow from Darrell Brooks trial.

The jury trial of Jessy Kurczewski, a Franklin woman facing felony charges for allegedly poisoning a family friend and stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from her starts Oct. 23.

She pleaded not guilty to the charges in 2021.

Here’s what you need to know before the trial begins.

When does the trial start?​

The trial begins at 8:30 a.m. Monday, Oct. 23, and is estimated to last for approximately five weeks.

What charges is Kurczewski facing?​

Kurczewski is facing one felony count of first-degree intentional homicide, one felony count of theft of movable property greater than $100,000, and one felony count of theft of movable property over $10,000 but less than $100,000.

Who is representing Kurczewski?​

She is represented by attorney Pablo Galaviz and attorney Donna Jean Kuchler.
--- Bringing this forward for reference:

What charges is Jessy Kurczewski facing?​

Kurczewski is facing one felony count of first-degree intentional homicide, one felony count of theft of movable property greater than $100,000, and one felony count of theft of movable property over $10,000 but less than $100,000.

Who is representing Kurczewski?​

She is represented by attorney Pablo Galaviz and attorney Donna Jean Kuchler.

Day One - Closing Statements will begin @ 12:00 pm CT (1:00 pm ET). L&C reported that it could start 30 minutes earlier.

WATCH LIVE: Eye Drop Murder Trial — WI v. Jessy Kurczewski — Day One​

The 39-year-old Wisconsin woman accused of poisoning her wealthy friend with eye drops faces trial for murder. Jessy Kurczewski allegedly dumped six bottles of Visine into Lynn Hernan’s water bottle and tried to stage her death as an overdose in 2018. Prosecutors also claim Kurczewski defrauded Hernan of nearly $300,000 before killing her. Judge Jennifer Dorow, who oversaw Darrell Brooks’ Waukesha parade massacre trial, is overseeing Kurczewski’s case.

The state filed a motion not to broadcast the testimony of the medical examiner and a toxicologist, They claim the testimonies could be considered a “how-to-kill-playbook” - They are arguing this motion right now.

The doctors are expected to testify that tetrahydrozoline was the substance used to poison the victim.

Judge Dorow denies the state's motion. The two doctors will testify on camera.

One of the seated jurors told a bailiff last night that he would not be showing up today. Judge Dorow said she's instructed bailiffs that if he's not there by 12:05 (jury reporting at 12) they are to find him.

The hearing is over. Opening statements are set for 12pm CT/1pm ET. We will have a new live stream link for that.

Just a quick aside - I’m loving Judge Dorow’s nails! She talks a lot with her hands (as do I) and I couldn’t help noticing. I wonder if it’s acrylic or natural??

Anyway, state’s motion to not broadcast ME’s testimony was a big ask! Not surprised judge shut it down. As usual Judge Dorow is quite verbose. Listening to the hearing now….

No pearl necklace? I guess it didn't match a nondescript hairstyle.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wildkey517
Back