Woman Gives Birth To Octuplets In California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, yall, we aren't the only ones pondering her possibly enhanced facial features... seems more than a few on the internet are chattering over it. Just read in passing a posting where a woman now thinks the mother is trying to be Angelina Jolie. (I think it was on an off-topic Broadway board site I saw the posting)

I read through all the posts since yesterday...shew lot's of new ones!

I have a couple of questions if someone would be so kind as to answer?TIA:)

1. It is reported that she is seperated from her Husband and not divorced. If she is just seperated and not legally seperated these children could be considered to have been "born within the marriage".( Please don't ask me how I know that because it's a long and ugly sorted story that pertains to my Husband's first marriage not me.) Meaning, that any child "born within the marriage" by law can recieve support from both spouses. This doesn't mean she would have to sue for child support, the state can do this if they are requested to pay for the children. It is an avenue that can be used to access funds for these children.

But then I read:

2. There was a sperm donor. What name(s) has she put on her children's birth certificates? I read in this thread that she is switching up information? Is she making up a name and info, because if so I have question #3...

3. Does CA require the SS# of both parents when a request for a BC is filled out? I have had children in KY and Abroad (Germany) in both places, mine and my Husband's SS#, were requested in order to get the BC.

4. I can't find the article where she discusses having depression? Was it situational or was it after having her children, or has she had bouts with depression?

I really hope we get the details from her claim on workman's comp. She says a lot of things in her interview that makes me raise an eyebrow. Such as referring to her childhood and not having the connections she felt she needed at the time. (deep sigh)
I agree it looks very much like she's had some facial work done, the nose is too small for her face. I'm undecided about the lips. She may have full lips already and they are puffy from the pregnancy and surgery. But then again her nose would also be puffy, if that were the case, her whole face would be puffy. Interesting.

She also states that once she finishes with her education she will be able to support these 14 children. I assume she means alone. What kind of job can she get as a counseler or even as a therapist with a Masters Degree that will provide enough income to support herself and 14 children.She sounds a bit in ...not sure of what word I'm looking for, not delusional but she isn't thinking logically or I'm really out of the loop about the amount of income in a job that a Masters in psych and/or counseling usually brings in, I was under the impression that in order to make a very good wage in the psych field you must have PHD or MD.

Kat, can't answer all the questions but I can tell you that it was reported that her depression was a result of suffering a back injury during a riot at a psychiatric hospital at which she worked. And that realizing that her dream was to have all these children is the thing that brought her out of said depression.

I agree she sounds as if she isn't thinking too logically at this point. She claims she will finish school and get the Masters but I just read on Fox news I think that her mother was quoted as saying it was a shame that she won't be able to get her degree because now she has 14 kids (I'm paraphrasing basically) and it would be difficult to go back to school. Sounds as if there is a difference of opinion on what will happen in that household.

I don't have speakers on this computer or earphones today in order to listen to the interview but someone on another site mentioned she had a "betty boop" quality to her voice...is that accurate?

I don't have speakers on this computer or earphones today in order to listen to the interview but someone on another site mentioned she had a "betty boop" quality to her voice...is that accurate?

It's a kind of soft upper pitch voice... not sure if I would call it a "betty boop" quality.

father's name and SSN on a birth certificate: it varies from state to state. Some states require the father signing off on a paternity agreement, if his name is being put on the BC. I think you don't have to put a name down, in most states, if you wish not to. (my son's BC does not have a father listed)

This woman is just SO delusional it is scary. She talks over and over about what "I wanted" and never, ever mentions that she wants her children to have what is best for them in terms of the proper amount of care and attention. She gets out of the hospital after months of being away from them and does she go spend time nurturing them and comforting them?....NO.... she goes on TV to try to make herself look good!
She says she will be able to take care of them when she gets her masters degree in counseling....well I personally know many, many people with both masters and even doctoral degrees in counseling and NONE of them have 14 children and NONE of them would tell you that they make enough money to properly care for 14 children! Even those with doctoral degrees and 20 or more years of experience have unequivocally stated that they could not possibly feed, clothe, and support, and educate that many children on their salaries alone. Some of these people own their own businesses which employ other counselors and even THEY say no way!

She said that each time 6 embryos were implanted due to her situation. (blocked fallopian tubes?) I haven't read of any doctor that has said that that many are necessary for women with that problem. 6 pregnancies makes 36 embryos. Wow, that's alot.

Her lips were very distracting and I agree, Angelina Jolie wannabe. She's hoping that daycare at college may help? Doesn't sound like she's used that in the past; her parents have cared for her other 6.

I'm not an only child. My mother was and I think it's insulting to blame this on her parents. But isn't that the case with everything....blame the parents for all life's problems. Now her mother can wonder if they'd had another child if she wouldn't have done this. I can't imagine that makes her parents feel very good...saying her dyfunctional childhood has caused her to want a large family. But yet, they can help raise their grandchildren. Doesn't make sense.

father's name and SSN on a birth certificate: it varies from state to state. Some states require the father signing off on a paternity agreement, if his name is being put on the BC. I think you don't have to put a name down, in most states, if you wish not to. (my son's BC does not have a father listed)

Thank you Elphaba for the information. I looked it up and if the parents aren't domestic partners then a declaration of paternity must be signed, I think I read that right, in order to add the father's name to the BC. It was just a question I had out of curiousity.

OT- I, too, have a child with no father's name listed on her BC. She was born in 1980 and at the time, in the state where she was born, I couldn't name her father on the BC because we weren't married. Or some such reason was given to me at the hospital. I didn't want to name him anyway.

I just caught part of the interview on the Today show. They said she had 6 embryos emplanted & 2 split into twins (I still have a hard time believing that).
She says she has never been on any welfare, and she received money from being injured during a riot in a mental hospital where she worked.

She looks like she has had some work done to her face. Her nose & lips are not proportional to the rest of her features.
At least they have consistently been saying that 2 embyos split since the beginning. It is easy enough to know for sure because that would produce 2 sets of IDENTICAL twins.
Also to clarify she did have a work related injury initially. Then when she was on her way to a W/C appt she had a car accident which opened the door to a second claim and she has been collecting for 10 years. She is still collecting now. So far it is 168 in benefits and 98k in med bills

on another note,
The fertility clinic is confirmed to be here in SoCal and they are investigating the doctor now. Our local expert says that just implanting in a woman with so many children already is a clear violation.

Honestly, I really don't understand the upset? If she wanted them and loves them and doesn't abuse them...so what? So what if she turns to her family and her church for support?

My dad was one of 16 children ( Good Catholic Family) they all turned out to be fine upstanding citizens, husbands and fathers, uncles, wives, mothers, sisters aunts. They may not have had much but they learned to work hard and how to love one another.

I have a close friend that has 14 children all under the age of 12 ( adopted and biological). Her home is far more organized than mine and I have ONE child. She also homeschools, sews, bakes her own bread and grows organic food.

I get upset when drug addicted women give birth to drug addicted children every year only to have them taken by CPS and put into foster care....

I get upset when people have 3 kids and dump them off at daycare for 12 hours a day as soon as they turn 6 weeks old and whine they can't afford to stay home, as they drive off in their new BMW's, to get their nails done.

This woman, I have no problem with.

Honestly, I really don't understand the upset? If she wanted them and loves them and doesn't abuse them...so what? So what if she turns to her family and her church for support?

My dad was one of 16 children ( Good Catholic Family) they all turned out to be fine upstanding citizens, husbands and fathers, uncles, wives, mothers, sisters aunts. They may not have had much but they learned to work hard and how to love one another.

I have a close friend that has 14 children all under the age of 12 ( adopted and biological). Her home is far more organized than mine and I have ONE child. She also homeschools, sews, bakes her own bread and grows organic food.

I get upset when drug addicted women give birth to drug addicted children every year only to have them taken by CPS and put into foster care....

I get upset when people have 3 kids and dump them off at daycare for 12 hours a day as soon as they turn 6 weeks old and whine they can't afford to stay home, as they drive off in their new BMW's, to get their nails done.

Couple probelms right off; violating fertility guidelines being one of them. I just am extremely concerned about the health risks to the babies associated with multiple births like that.I also take exception to intentionally bringing 14 children into the world without a father. As the mother of boys I hate that the "father" role becomes more and more diminshed every day. Who needs fathers?
I know that every day of the week families get along just fine without dads for all kinds of reasons, but mainly out of necessity. But to set it up that way for so many as if dads just don't matter?

yep, I have a problem with that.

Last night, I saw a quote that I can't find today. :waitasec:

Paraphrasing, one of the men who had analyzed her said he found her to be strong and resilient, but questioned her psychological insight.

I think it was from the ~500 page documenting her workman's comp issue. Do any of you have that handy? :confused:

I have a difficult time even reading about this since it infuriates me that much. :furious:

I feel for you Masterj. Hearing this story unfold day by day is making me very sad and angry.
I think she should be arrested for child abuse. Really. What kind of life is she going to give these 8 babies including her 6 waiting at home for her care.
She claims she holds each of the eight still in the hospital 45 minutes a day.
That's what 6 hours. Come on, care of an infant is more than holding it. While she's holding one baby, the others are being cared for by a troop of nurses.
There is no way she is a hero. She's nuts. She is going to need at least a half dozen adults to help get her through the day caring for 8 infants and another three or four people to attend to the six at home which most are under the age of 7.
However, she plans to return to school for an advance degree in order to increase her income in order to provide for her children. So, who takes care of these children while she's at school? Day care? How would she get them all there. How many van's can handle that number of child seats.
This is almost laughable it's so insane!
I have a friend who wants to have a child. Just one child! And she and her husband haven't been able to do that yet. They will need to invest time and money and go beyond their means to have just that one treasured child. And here we have a young single woman who brings 14 into the world completely unprepared.
I have to quit writing about this woman - it's making me sick. But, I for one will be watching this story and hope and pray somehow all these children can remain together in a loving caring home.
Gee!

Well, one huge problem that I have issue with is the hospital bill - was that thought of in this equasion?

- She said she hopes to use her college's daycare for these. She has been exploiting her mother and father as if they were a free daycare and $ providers to the extent that they went bankrupt, her mother wants to escape, and was told by a psychologist to kick the girl out for being a parasite.

(She might not go off to get her nails done, but she's been spending her time and money to get herself pregnant, and it looks like getting plastic surgery.)

So I see her as no better than the ones you mention.

What makes her so much worse than they, for a start:

- 14 kids, even all under age 12, is a big difference from 14 kids age 7 and under, 8 of them being newborns, and 2 two-year olds. One of her 6 is autistic, and I would bet a lot of cash that at least some of the eight will have disabilities too.

- Adopting kids who need a home, if you can provide for them, is very different from creating 14 you have no means to provide for.

- Did your friend or relatives live in a two bedroom house, shared by parents they drove to a million dollar debt and bankruptcy?

- Nadya chose to have 14 kids all by herself, but wants other people to support them with their time and money.

- Nadya had children because she "longed for certain connections and attachments with another person that I really lacked."

- Nadya had these children without regard for the connections and attachments they would need, like a father (I echo JBean's thoughts there) , and even a mother who could devote her time to them, rather than exploit them so she could go to school, or, as she said she hoped, have her own television show as a parenting expert.

Last night, I saw a quote that I can't find today. :waitasec:

Paraphrasing, one of the men who had analyzed her said he found her to be strong and resilient, but questioned her psychological insight.

I think it was from the ~500 page documenting her workman's comp issue. Do any of you have that handy? :confused:
I found it. :)
Octuplets' mother had depression, suicidal thoughts while starting a family

It's an interesting article overall. Here are a few more of the interesting bits:
Not long after high school, Suleman began her quest as a single woman to have a family of her own. In 1995, she had the first of three ectopic pregnancies, a condition that routinely ends in miscarriage and can be dangerous to the mother. The records are unclear about whether those pregnancies were the result of artificial insemination.

A year later, she married Marcos Gutierrez, a produce manager.

-snip-

After the baby was born, the emotional roller coaster continued. This time, she was by turns elated and despairing -- and also terrified that the baby would be kidnapped or injured. "My husband or my mother has to take me almost everywhere," she told one of the doctors.

-snip-

Doctors declared her resilient and strong, though one did question her "capacity for psychological insight."​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52