Woman sues salon; says it quoted her higher, 'ethnic' service charge

She could have walked out the moment they asked for money up front.
And then complained. 600K umm no I don't think her pain was equal to that.
I am as white as they come...and that does not spare me from ignorant, rude idiots posing as people working to provide a service. Maybe they don't sight my skin or hair color as a reason but they are still rude and just have no right dealing with others as a job.
That being said... Although I am white my husband is cuban and I have a hispanic last name.
Over the years I have heard it from both sides... How dare I have a hispanic last name and not speak spanish??
I actually had a hispanic OBGYN YELL at me for this serious flaw. (switched Dr's!!)
I have also heard things very racist from other "white people" because they assume I am of the same mind having shared their genetic skin color.
Recently I had a neighbor sends her children to the school in the county south of us approach me and ask about the local middle school (of which my son attends and daughter did)
She actually asked me about the african american children.
THis just floored me!! Yes, there are, OMG, black kids at the school!
To me this does not equate to drug dealing and shoot outs..Just a nice cultural mix..
I've known tooo many scuzzy WHITE drug dealers and child molestors to ever think that skin color plays a role.

Then just last monday.. my other snotty neighbor shows up at the bus stop.
Now although we are white, for reasons not apparent to me, we are always in search of the perfect tan.... LOL yes! we strive to darken our skin!!
So she has aquired a machine like the salons have that paint a tan on you.
First off she looks ridiculous.... Her face neck and arms are about orange yet her legs are natural paste white.
Which my other non-racist neighbor points out!! LOL
She procedes to explain that its hard to judge how dark the paint will be until the next day. Then she says "Well you awake and its like aunt jemima" and sing the old commercial song. She clearly meant this as a slur.
I could not believe it. She has in the past made subtle racial slurs.
And luckily the children at the bus stop are all to young to know what she is referring to.
She then offers to paint everyone a tan... I took that oppurtunity to say "no thanks... yours really looks fake"
She has for some reason been quiet every morning since.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back