Would you be frightened being left in a remote trailer with two little kids at night?

Would you be frightened being left in a remote trailer with two little kids at night?

• Yes, absolutely

Votes: 149 36.1%
  • Nope

Votes: 130 31.5%
  • Not with a dog.

Votes: 53 12.8%
  • Not with a security system, a gun, and a dog.

Votes: 81 19.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother had a friend who lived alone and she had a bolt lock on her bedroom door, a dog in there with her to warn of noises, and a gun in her bedstand. A bolt lock on the bedroom door would have been a good idea since Misti and the kids slept in there together anyway.

Florida, darkness, silence, gators ... are u kidding me. I would be unbelievably frightened day or night.

Heck yeah! I am a bit less than three times Misty's age, and I am afraid in a semi urban setting when my DH is away. I can't imagine the trailer in the country.

Nope, I wouldn't be afraid living in a mobile home in any area as I live in a mobile home in Florida. I wouldn't be afraid of living in a "stick" build home in a remote area either. I figure, if someone wants to get into the house (mobile or stick built) , it doesn't matter how many locks you have on your windows and doors.

I grew up in a country community but there were houses close by. At 17 yrs there is no way I would have even babysat out in the country with no other houses around. I would have been scared to death. Now it probably wouldn't bother me as long as I had a big mean dog outside and another inside and a gun handy! We live in a scary world and you never know where the crazys are. It wouldn't bother me if there were houses around and then the woods, etc. I would never live out in the dingles with no one else around though.

Wonder if it could be the reverse? A 17 yr. old may not be wise to the evil that exists in the word; therefore, she has a more trusting nature to anyone and everything.

Wonder if it could be the reverse? A 17 yr. old may not be wise to the evil that exists in the word; therefore, she has a more trusting nature to anyone and everything.

I know I was very trusting at that age.

I moved out of my family's home when I graduated from highschool----I was 16. I gathered up my graduation money and rented a little house in a low-income, high-crime area of Lafayette. I had another girl for a roommate. Our very first day there, three beautiful elderly African American women came to our door asking "What are you two white girls doing up in this neighborhood??" They warned us to be VERY careful.

But I wasn't afraid. Even when my roommate wasn't home, I was perfectly comfortable. My family likes to say "kgeaux isn't afraid of the devil." I just don't get afraid very easily.

I lived in the boonies on my grandmothers property, but I hated it. It was spooky and it would have taken the LE or fire department forever to get there if something had happened. I certainly would not live in an area where there are SO's if I had children.

Good luck with that desire! I live in a wonderful middle-to-upper class area and when someone posted the link to find where registered sex offenders were living in my town, I was horrified to find 26 of them within two miles of my home.

Gotta love the fear of the country. FYI I was raised in Detroit and Miami. Left Detroit in 1998 for a return to Fla permanently. I still have a cottage in Michigan that is 7 miles from the nearest pavement. I live in Satsuma in a built up area inback of me is Ron and Misty (was). They were nextdoor to me until Nov 08. This is almost city Rons' place and several others are on unimproved roads. The rest are paved streets. Most of the time my house is left unlocked. I have no fear of "the country". I have no fear of the city my .357 will comfort me in the face on mine enemies. My 9mm will guide me besides the still waters and surely my pump Ithica 12 ga will lead mine enemies into the paths of rightesnous. And surely they will dwell in the house with satan. My wierd sense of humor. Lets bring Haliegh home.

no I wouldn't, not at all. I live in a very rural area, and my hubs travels extensively for work. I feel safe and secure in my home with our little children. I suppose I should be a little more fearful, but I never allow ANYONE I do not know very well past the porch! Plus you have to get through my rottweiler, my cattle dog who hates everybody but me, and my vicious chihuahua..,.shes 4 lbs of pure intimidation lol! I know my neighbors very well, and they all know everyone in this town. If someone new were to show up in town, everybody would circle the wagons! We would all know before a newbie reached main street lol!

I answered no, with the security system, the gun and the dog lol! I'm also a black belt in Hapkido. But being woken from sleep would throw me for a loop. And I sleep through a lot of stuff. Like a huge thunderstorm the other night that my now deceased, kind-but-scary-looking dog would have let me know about. I've slept through the security system going off. The dogs don't! I don't know much about guns, but if i was going to live in a trailer in a remote area, I'd learn from an expert ASAP.

Being a city girl all of my life, I would be afraid to spend time alone in a remote trailer with 2 kids in my care. However, in this case, I would be more afraid of what might occur "when daddy got home".

I don't think she would have been scared. When I was 17 I did alot of stupid things. We had a store not far from our house and I would walk up there in the middle of the night without thinking about it, and people wouldn't even know I was gone. I would never do that now, but then...... You just don't think about stuff like that. I used to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night too. I never once thought about if something happened to me nobody would know.

ETA: I also think that she wouldn't have had any problems leaving those children alone while she went somewhere either.

That's the way I raised my children - for 30 years. :) I got spooked maybe 10 times in all those years, when my DH was working at night. You could not see or hear anything from my house. I had a big fat hawg-leg next to me all the time, though, LOL. I would have used it, too.

Yes, I would be scared if I was Misty. I am a big chicken by nature and have been scared of the dark and night for over 40 years now....:innocent:

I've never been scared in my own home with the doors locked. Of course, my "security system" is 6 loud dogs that don't let a cricket cross the threshold without announcing it to me. I figure that if somebody wants to harm me that badly, they will wait until I have left my house rather than attempt to break in with the dogs.

I'm a country girl. Walked country roads in the middle of the night to a cemetary to see if anything/or anybody haunted the place, Give me a good dog and I'm fine. If i had a gun I'd probably shoot myself:crazy::crazy::crazy:

I don't think she would have been scared. When I was 17 I did alot of stupid things. We had a store not far from our house and I would walk up there in the middle of the night without thinking about it, and people wouldn't even know I was gone. I would never do that now, but then...... You just don't think about stuff like that. I used to sneak out of the house in the middle of the night too. I never once thought about if something happened to me nobody would know.

ETA: I also think that she wouldn't have had any problems leaving those children alone while she went somewhere either.

We lived in a semi-rural area, and in summer my girlfriend and I several times slipped out of our houses at night w/o a thought that someone easily could have abducted one or both of us. I can't recall that we did anything special. We'd mostly just talk and walk around the neighborhood. I think it was more of the challenge in slipping out than being out.

But back to M. I just can't see a 17 yr old sitting home night after night with two small children. Who were/are her friends? Have we heard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Contrary Marge