Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California, #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like an answer to why Adam would TEXT johah about finding Rebecca dead. and why, oh why would then Jonah call dina, not adam?

New entries on the SD ROA from today's ex parte. No documents. Note that the numerical sequence is off from previous entries (343 ---> 346).

Seems they didn't finish their meeting today. Must have had a lot to talk about! Continued to 4-28-16.

347 04/14/2016 Minutes finalized for Ex Parte heard 04/14/2016 08:45:00 AM.
346 04/14/2016 Ex Parte continued pursuant to party's motion to 04/28/2016 at 08:45AM before Judge Katherine Bacal

Current schedule of events:

04/28/2016 08:45 AM C-69 Ex Parte
08/05/2016 11:00 AM C-69 Discovery Hearing
11/04/2016 11:00 AM C-69 Motion Hearing (Civil) - Motion for Protective Order
01/13/2017 01:30 PM C-69 Summary Judgment / Summary Adjudication (Civil)
01/27/2017 10:30 AM C-69 Trial Readiness Conference (Civil)
03/10/2017 08:40 AM C-69 Civil Jury Trial

https://roa.sdcourt.ca.gov/roa/faces/CaseSearch.xhtml

Case Number: 37-2013-00075418-CU-PO-CTL

The one whose wife will be testifying for the Defense?

Gee, that's not public knowledge, or in any media reports. And exactly how do you know this?

And why would you be posting that here?

Is this just another "rumor"?

Bumping this, because I never found an answer from you, LuckyLucy2. Maybe you overlooked it?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2013-in-California-5&p=12432436#post12432436

Originally Posted by LuckyLucy2 View Post

Dina has ironclad witnesses that were with her at Rady's.

BBM, and snipped for focus.

How do you personally know this?

Dina herself says she was "alone".

“It would be impossible for me to hear any disturbances at Jonah's home as I was with our son alone at a hospital miles away.

(BBM)

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...u-Spreckels-Mansion-2011-Death-303178091.html

How many "ironclad witnesses" are there?

What are their names?

Why haven't they supported/ validated Dina's alibi story?

Why would they support/ validate Dina's alibi story now, after nearly 4 1/2 years of denial/ silence?

Did these "ironclad witnesses" lie to police during the original investigation?

Gee, that's not public knowledge, or in any media reports. And exactly how do you know this?

And why would you be posting that here?

Is this just another "rumor"?

Absolutely agree. Either the poster needs to reveal her/himself as a verified insider in this case, or she/he needs provide links to all this unpublished insider information she/he seems to have.

Bumping this, because I never found an answer from you, LuckyLucy2. Maybe you overlooked it?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2013-in-California-5&p=12432436#post12432436

Originally Posted by LuckyLucy2 View Post

These ironclad witnesses are Nurses and hospital staff. For the rest of it, you'll just have to wait.

Are you accusing Nurses of lying?

How will MZL refute eyewitnesses who place Dina at the hospital? Hope the Zahaus don't take that tactic - the jury won't like that at all!

1. Rebecca Zahau's naked body was found hanging from the balcony of her multi-
millionaire boyfriend, Jonah Shacknai's Coronado mansion on July 13. Just two
days earlier, Jonah's son Max, was found at the base of the stairs, unconscious.
Max later died from his injuries. Jonah's brother Adam, found Rebecca's body
hanging from the balcony and cut her down. Adam was the only person home
when Rebecca died.

"We concluded beyond a shadow of the doubt, that neither Jonah or Dina (Max's
mother, and Jonah's ex-wife) were at the house that night. Jonah and Dina were
at the hospital at Max's bedside, or at the Ronald McDonald house, across the
street from the hospital," Lt. Nesbit told RadarOnline.com.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...br />police-willing-reopen-case-ruled-suicide

2. “There is irrefutable evidence including multiple eyewitnesses that Dina Shacknai was at the hospital with Max when this witness purported to see her at the Spreckles mansion,” a source familiar with the investigation told RadarOnline.com. Max was on life support at this time, and she hardly left his side."

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/20...ca-zahau-died/
3. "The sheriff has determined that cell phone evidence and video cameras at the hospital
confirmed that Jonah Shacknai was at the hospital standing vigil for Max the entire time when
Rebecca Zahau’s suicide occurred. Video cameras at the hospital also showed Dina was there
during that time period."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2011/09/10/roy*black*max*shacknai*babysitter*rebecca*za
hau*s*death*no*murder.html

4. In the audio interview of Nina Romano, she states that Dina had nurses as witnesses and
was also on surveillance footage.

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15145788/sister?clienttype=printable

5. In Ann Rule’s "Two Strange Deaths in Coronado" (written with the input of Anne Bremner and
Mary a Zahau), she states on page 214:

"The bicyclist must have been mistaken. Numerous witnesses place Dina in the hospital at
Max's bedside throughout Tuesday night.

"She (Ann Rule) did not travel to Coronado or to Arizona, where Shacknai lives, to conduct her
research, Rule said, but talked extensively with Zahau's loved ones, who believe she was killed.
She also has a long*time friendship with Seattle attorney Anne Bremner, who is representing."

http://patch.com/california/coronado/celebrated*author*ann*rule*turns*her*attention*to*spraecafa
7a51

6. From A Boy Interrupted, Phoenix Magazine, Aug. 2012

"Dina says she got the news at the hospital. Jonah was sobbing. he said, Rebecca's killed
herself," Dina recalls. As Dina was leaving the hospital, a Coronado police detective paid her a
visit. "Are you aware of what happened?" he asked.

The detective would have confirmed at that time with the nurses that Dina had been there all
night, IMO.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Attorneys*New*Evidence*Rebecca*Zahau*Spreckels*M
ansion*2011*Death*303178091.html

7. However, regardless of our lack of complete information thus far, I could not comment on Mr. Greer's statement as I was with my son Maxie at Rady’s Hospital in Pediatric Intensive Care,
praying for his recovery, and watching him fight for his life, trying to breathe on his own while on
a ventilator.”

She adds:

“It would be impossible for me to hear any disturbances at Jonah's home as I was with our son
alone at a hospital miles away. As well, my sister, Nina was with her son, and our close friend,
none of whom heard a disturbance as they were five blocks from Jonah's house on Ocean Blvd.
My sister and I would again publicly like to extend, for the fourth time since 2012, our offer to
share all of the information we have with the Zahau’s and ask that they reciprocate. Perhaps an
exchange of accurate data could help both families find answers, healing, and resolution.”

Source:
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Attorneys*New*Evidence*Rebecca*Zahau*Spreckels*M
ansion*2011*Death*303178091.html#ixzz3fL53Fpju

Why have the Zahaus not called any depositions? Why have they not questioned Dina and Nina? I'll tell you why. They know when they do that they will have nothing but a story about a mother and aunt who were doing nothing but worrying about Max. They know Dina will relate how she was at the hospital that entire night. How she arrived around 8 pm and stayed at Max's bedside until the morning, desperatly hoping and praying that her son would wake up and be ok again.

They know how this is going to sound if it goes to court. How they have tormented and persecuted innocent people who were only concerned about Max.

That is why they have not depositioned. They know they have no case.

That is why they keep putting "news" out about the scream (that was already discounted by LE) and their handwriting expert (who is discounted by the re-enactment on Ch08). They are hoping Jonah Shacknai will pay them off to make it go away.

He won't and it won't. And now they are going to look like the insensitive, unscrupulous, and money hungry liars they are.

wait a minute, did I read it wrong above ( a day or so ago)? I thought you said they HAD been deposed(?)
Why have the Zahaus not called any depositions? Why have they not questioned Dina and Nina? I'll tell you why. They know when they do that they will have nothing but a story about a mother and aunt who were doing nothing but worrying about Max. They know Dina will relate how she was at the hospital that entire night. How she arrived around 8 pm and stayed at Max's bedside until the morning, desperatly hoping and praying that her son would wake up and be ok again.

They know how this is going to sound if it goes to court. How they have tormented and persecuted innocent people who were only concerned about Max.

That is why they keep putting "news" out about the scream (that was already discounted by LE) and their handwriting expert (who is discounted by the re-enactment on Ch08). They are hoping Jonah Shacknai will pay them off to make it go away.

He won't and it won't. And now they are going to look like the insensitive, unscrupulous, and money hungry liars they are.

wait a minute, did I read it wrong above ( a day or so ago)? I thought you said they HAD been deposed(?)

^ I have never said they were deposed. That was all of you on the Zahau side saying Dina had been avoiding depostiton. Nope, not Dina...he Zahaus just haven't bothered to call anyone. Ask yourself, "why?".

Leading up to why LE had to conduct triangulation of Dina's phone as a substitute for actually locating Dina, the person. And a thorough forensic discussion of what's on Dina's phone, phone activity, exactly which towers were pinged at which times, etc. Whether the phone was "moving". Whether a similar phone parked in an ICU cubicle at Rady pinged the same towers, etc.

I have some questions about cell phone triangulation. Does a phone have to be in use to "register" at a tower? Does it have to receive or make a call?

The crux of my thought process is this: If some one were to leave a location but leaves their phone behind then does a triangulation actually prove anything about the person's whereabouts? If the phone does have to receive a call for the triangulation to show up couldn't the individual just call it from another location? Unless there is a documented call for a length of time why does the triangulation really give us any proof of where Dina actually was?

Absolutely agree. Either the poster needs to reveal her/himself as a verified insider in this case, or she/he needs provide links to all this unpublished insider information she/he seems to have.

Maybe the goal is to make off the wall claims to see if they raise any eyebrows. Perhaps Websleuths is being used as a "pre-trial" sounding board. The poster in question seems to make too many claims to not be privy to inside information because the statements I'm reading I can't find anywhere in the public record. Well, unless of course, it's all fabricated just to create drama.

Maybe the goal is to make off the wall claims to see if they raise any eyebrows. Perhaps Websleuths is being used as a "pre-trial" sounding board. The poster in question seems to make too many claims to not be privy to inside information because the statements I'm reading I can't find anywhere in the public record. Well, unless of course, it's all fabricated just to create drama.
Great post. I have been sensing the same situation. It is not unheard of to test the waters of crime forums to get some direction of a future jury pool's responses to conjecture.

I will tell you this though, IMO far too many subjects and dialogue are put forth by the suiciders on WS that then appears in the court documents or in the news. But then we already know about the meow meow site that Dina has supported. By deduction, I would have to guess those same kittens are vocal on other sites.

I have some questions about cell phone triangulation. Does a phone have to be in use to "register" at a tower? Does it have to receive or make a call?

The crux of my thought process is this: If some one were to leave a location but leaves their phone behind then does a triangulation actually prove anything about the person's whereabouts? If the phone does have to receive a call for the triangulation to show up couldn't the individual just call it from another location? Unless there is a documented call for a length of time why does the triangulation really give us any proof of where Dina actually was?

As long as the cellphone is powered on, the towers can ping the phone. It's through the cell signals (wireless). That is how GPS works. Phone does not need to be in a call or text/answered.

HTH

Our own AZ lawyer I believe stated some time back IIRC that the wise approach is to do those most crucial depositions at the end so that as much info can be gleaned prior so that a most effective depo takes place. I find that to be a very strategic move.

Or Maybe they think that LE may finally come to the decision to charge the defendants. Who knows.

Sorry, guys, but I'm not an insider.

Just because you say it does not make it true.

I just happen to rememeber - and keep - links. And I know how a court case works. And I know this one is a bogus claim.

I never said such a thing. I was referring to a post you made, I'm guessing I just read it wrong.
^ I have never said they were deposed. That was all of you on the Zahau side saying Dina had been avoiding depostiton. Nope, not Dina...he Zahaus just haven't bothered to call anyone. Ask yourself, "why?".

Sorry, guys, but I'm not an insider.

Just because you say it does not make it true.

I just happen to rememeber - and keep - links. And I know how a court case works. And I know this one is a bogus claim.

Do you have a link that shows the wife of the witness who saw Dina at the mansion the night of RZ's murder will testify for the defense? Just curious, I don't recall that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member