Wrongful Death Suit filed Nov. 13, 2013 in California

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/B]

BBM- I think that is actually backwards.

I live in Southern California, while not San Diego I have family in Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Escondido and San Marcos, as well as down town San Diego proper.

Every single one of them (and several locations have several family members each) find the accident that occurred with Max, highly probably just that- an accident. We have several boy- boys in Max's age group- who play sports, surf, swim, soccer, basketball, football and rock climb- they are wild, rambunctious, full of energy and do not always make the wisest decisions in their play activities. If, at anytime any one of them were left unsupervised, they could very well make a similar fatal mistake to ride a scooter or skateboard upstairs, we have discussed this, as a family on many occasions. It makes perfect, tragic sense, to all of us, and we admonish the children (girls included) because of this tragedy.

On the other hand Rebecca's circumstance does not resemble a suicide to ANY OF US- at all. This has been discussed by all of us- ad nauseum.

So- to your BBM quote, I completely disagree and couldn't actually disagree more.

Well we certainly do not share the same friends or family. I can assure you everyone I know does not accuse LE of a conspiracy and do not question their ruling of suicide. Perhaps we have had more LE in our family than yours?

And Rebecca did take her own life BEFORE many questions could be asked of her - WHY? What was she hiding? We know for FACT that she sent her sister home very quickly. WHY?

So if you don't believe that Rebecca killed herself, please explain to me how the Zahaus-detailed and in my opinion, fantastical- scenerio could have possibly happened without leaving any physical evidence whatsoever.

K
Well we certainly do not share the same friends or family. I can assure you everyone I know does not accuse LE of a conspiracy and do not question their ruling of suicide. Perhaps we have had more LE in our family than yours?

And Rebecca did take her own life BEFORE many questions could be asked of her - WHY? What was she hiding? We know for FACT that she sent her sister home very quickly. WHY?

So if you don't believe that Rebecca killed herself, please explain to me how the Zahaus-detailed and in my opinion, fantastical- scenerio could have possibly happened without leaving any physical evidence whatsoever.

That is of course your opinion. I find it far more fantastical the theory that SDSO put forth. Especially when you take into account that RZ's family has had to sue SDSO in federal court to get the the evidence and her personal property. Of course that is MOO.

:biggrin:

ALWAYS MOO

Yes, that must be the case, as I have NO LE in my family. Just a lot of Phd's- chemists, biologists, doctors, veterinary doctors, college professors, lawyers, artists and teachers! Logical, rational individuals who have the ability to think critically.

No, I wont explain the fantastical scenario of how I believe she was murdered. The fantastical story is the one in which she commits suicide. MOO

The thread is about the Zahaus' civil case in which they have made very specific charges about what they believe happened that night invloving Rebecca, Nina, Dina, and Adam.

How on earth couild threee people do all of things that the Zahaus are alledging without leaving one iota of physical evidence and only Rebecca's DNA and fingerprints? Adam took the time to put paint on her nipples? Dina sat on the bed? Really? They expect a jury to believe that? I don't think it will ever see a courtroom, but if it did, there is no way 12 jury members would buy the bunch of hooey the Zahaus' have come up with. :floorlaugh:

Couldn't happen and didn't happen, IMO. Suicide is the only conclusion that fits the evidence.

IMO, there is no way their story could be possible.

The thread is about the Zahaus' civil case in which they have made very specific charges about what they believe happened that night invloving Rebecca, Nina, Dina, and Adam.

How on earth couild threee people do all of things that the Zahaus are alledging without leaving one iota of physical evidence and only Rebecca's DNA and fingerprints? Adam took the time to put paint on her nipples? Dina sat on the bed? Really? They expect a jury to believe that? I don't think it will ever see a courtroom, but if it did, there is no way 12 jury members would buy the bunch of hooey the Zahaus' have come up with. :floorlaugh:

Couldn't happen and didn't happen, IMO. Suicide is the only conclusion that fits the evidence.

IMO, there is no way their story could be possible.

I can agree to disagree with your opinion. We shall see, won't we? I think a huge part of the problem is the fact that potentially important evidence wasn't collected or tested. Many of the routine things were not adhered to and a crime scene that looked NOTHING like a suicide was treated as such. Let the chips fall where they may, I am not concerned. You seem pretty certain so I don't think you should be, either.

I want justice, and you do too- we are actually on the same side.

ETA- the one thing I find extremely distasteful is a laughing happy face, rolling around on the floor in this discussion- wether or not Rebecca was murdered or committed suicide- it is no laughing matter and I find none of it funny.

ETA- the one thing I find extremely distasteful is a laughing happy face, rolling around on the floor in this discussion- wether or not Rebecca was murdered or committed suicide- it is no laughing matter and I find none of it funny.

Snipped.

I am in no way laughing at the death of Max or Rebecca. Both deaths were unneccesary and tragic.

I am laughing at the utterly ridiculous and scientifically impossible story that, IMO, the Zahaus and their lawyers concocted in order to sue innocent people for 10 million dollars.

I can agree to disagree with your opinion. We shall see, won't we? I think a huge part of the problem is the fact that potentially important evidence wasn't collected or tested. Many of the routine things were not adhered to and a crime scene that looked NOTHING like a suicide was treated as such. Let the chips fall where they may, I am not concerned. You seem pretty certain so I don't think you should be, either.

I want justice, and you do too- we are actually on the same side.

I totally agree with your last paragraph,very disrespectful indeed ! I also appreciate your entire post.

In Dina and Jonah's case, they had the had the self-restraint to divorce without "something very horrible happening". And they went on to raise Max in what seeed to be a very amicable and loving arrangement. Until Max had that terrible accident and Rebecca Zahau comitted suicide less than 40 hours later - taking the details of Max's accident with her. She did it to avoid answering more questions, IMO.

That is ONE problem with the Zahaus' civil case and why I believe it will be thrown out of court in November. Too many people in San Diego and Coronado believe the SDSO's deterrmination of suicide was correct, and believe the greater mystery is what really happened to little Max.

BBM: My contacts in Coronado say the exact opposite. They believe Rebecca was murdered. Violently.

I apologize if my use of the "big grin" offended anyone. I am obviously not laughing at any aspect of this case. I used the emoticon to show no harm no foul. I'm not interested in getting drawn into any nastiness that can come up in this case. Also I am very much looking forward to the Z family getting some answers.

ETA I cannot edit the post now. Sorry.

BBM1:
Snipped for focus>>

BBM2: That is an unbelievable statement. Where on earth do you get that she "was not so upset?" She was very upset.

You can't have it both ways...1) that she was "not so upset" or 2) she was so upset that she killed herself.

<<respectfully snipped.

Quote from her sister as to RZ&#8217;s frame of mind.

I thought she would be very distressed, I know I would be, but no- sister insists all fine not upset and planning to go about everyday tasks.

Surprised that you make that assertion while obviously not being familiar with the case it is her sister that is bringing the action we are discussing and her quotes have been covered widely as basis for the lawsuit alleging conspiracy to murder.

Just one of many links:

Zahau's sister Mary Zahau-Loehner, 33, told ABC News she spoke with her sister around midnight Tuesday, and everything seemed to be OK.

"She was normal, fine, just getting ready to go to bed," said Zahau-Loehner, who lives in Saint Joseph, Mo.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mysterious-rebecca-zahau-mansion-death-devastates-family/story?id=14080327

Another quote from MZ-L when asked if RZ may have been depressed that Max was mortally wounded while at home with her [RZ]:

She did not feel responsible

http://www.sandiegoreader.com/news/2011/sep/14/citylights2-rebecca-zahau/?page=2

Do you have a link that she was "very upset" because that is what her family says is lacking in order to understand a suicide verdict

Thanks

^ pretty sure RZ being 'upset' is on the recording of the 911 call.

We have established that there were only THREE incidents:

The police went to Dina and Jonah's home ONCE in 2007 and ONCE in 2008. Jonah went to the station ONCE in 2007 to file a report. Only THREE reports were filed during their contentious divorce.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...shacknai-domestic-fights-parents-max-shacknai

The police obviously did NOT think there was VIOLENCE, or they WOULD HAVE made an ARREST.

Three reported 'incidents'. Using the same assumption that has been previously used, I think it is safe to say those three reported 'incidents' were not isolated 'incidents'. DR and JS have demonstrated a propensity for violence.

^ pretty sure RZ being 'upset' is on the recording of the 911 call.

RZ did not make the 911 call. X made the phone call

Zahau said she was in the bathroom at the time; she found Max moments later, and her younger sister called 911.

http://www.ask.com/wiki/Death_of_Rebecca_Zahau?o=2800&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com#cite_ref-SUT20110902_6-6

This is really basic knowledge of the case.

Another:

A 13-year-old girl called for help following the boy's fall. The teen, Rebecca Zahau and Max Shacknai were the only ones in the residence at the time. Corbin said the girl was Zahau's sister.

http://patch.com/california/coronado/autopsy-to-be-conducted-on-jonah-shacknais-son#.VAnL3KOfjXQ

Just quickly found link as I&#8217;m in a hurry but other links elaborate that X couldn&#8217;t locate the land line and called from RZ&#8217;s cell phone and described the call further.

imo

The police went to Dina and Jonah's home ONCE in 2007 and ONCE in 2008. Jonah went to the station ONCE in 2007 to file a report. Only THREE reports were filed during their contentious divorce.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...shacknai-domestic-fights-parents-max-shacknai

The police obviously did NOT think there was VIOLENCE, or they WOULD HAVE made an ARREST.

Only three instances? We are talking DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! Three is outrageous. Two are outrageous. One is outrageous.

MS was a cherished, darling of a child who lived a charmed life surrounded by love.

Like most other children there were marital troubles with his parents but to classify him as coming from an abusive background shows a lack of understanding for the horrific conditions in which many children live.

The vitriol, visceral hate for his family, his mother in particular, on page after page of this forum has apparently colored the perspective of MS life.

MS was very, very loved by everyone and it is a disservice to his memory to pollute it with envious rants.

Link to Crimes against Children for prospective:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?418-Crimes-Spotlight-on-Children

Read there and come back and tell me that MS was suffering.

imo

Actually, both parties can choose not to press charges even when there is violence. It happens all the time.

I don't think anyone here is denying the fact that Max was very loved, I believe he was, and to the best of his parents abilities- the apple of their eyes, so to speak.

I strongly disagree with your statement that "like most other children there was trouble with his parents".

I have a strong, loving relationship with my husband and the father of my three children- almost 18 years later still have a crush on him, like him, admire him and adore him. The majority of the couples in our family are similar and our group of friends, as well. That is a broad, strange statement, IMO.

Domestic violence is hardly ever about what is seen on the surface or witnessed by other people. That is a big part of why it is allowed to sometimes continue for years, until such time that a call to the police or a scene in front of neighbors or friends brings it unintentionally out into the light. Domestic violence in a home, within a primary, parental relationship is pretty well known to be damaging to a child(ren). I quite frankly don't believe anyone should be minimizing that fact here, or anywhere else. It is, IMO archaic.

RZ did not make the 911 call. X made the phone call...This is really basic knowledge of the case.

rsbm

Re-read and comprehend my post. It speaks to RZ being 'upset', not who made the call. Jeez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus