WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

Husband knows two people that have died, one in london and one in glasgow. Perfectly healthy men in their late 40s/early 50s. The one in glasgow, the undertakers won't even take off his wedding ring, dress him or let them have a viewing. So sad, and he's canadian so no family can even attend his funeral :(

I felt ill as hell a good 3 weeks ago, but just put it down to the cold I had and being a bit run down. And to be honest, I think we're fairly safe here, in a small town in the Scottish Borders, just 20 miles from Edinburgh, but rural miles so a good hour away really. Had a couple of cases here, both from going to the rugby in wales it's presumed, but since social distancing measures were put in place we've had no more cases thankfully.

My only concern is that me and my husband are members of the town resilience group, which usually is for flooding etc, now for covid help for vulnerable residents. I had pneumonia and a collapsed lung 18 months ago (at 31 as a flu complication) and my chest hasn't quite recovered yet so it's gone without saying that Im not helping, I'm at home with the 4 kids (wahhhh) while he goes out for shopping, meds etc for the vulnerable, the worry of him bringing it home has me doubting whether it's worth it, which makes me feel so selfish.

Husband knows two people that have died, one in london and one in glasgow. Perfectly healthy men in their late 40s/early 50s. The one in glasgow, the undertakers won't even take off his wedding ring, dress him or let them have a viewing. So sad, and he's canadian so no family can even attend his funeral :(

I felt ill as hell a good 3 weeks ago, but just put it down to the cold I had and being a bit run down. And to be honest, I think we're fairly safe here, in a small town in the Scottish Borders, just 20 miles from Edinburgh, but rural miles so a good hour away really. Had a couple of cases here, both from going to the rugby in wales it's presumed, but since social distancing measures were put in place we've had no more cases thankfully.

My only concern is that me and my husband are members of the town resilience group, which usually is for flooding etc, now for covid help for vulnerable residents. I had pneumonia and a collapsed lung 18 months ago (at 31 as a flu complication) and my chest hasn't quite recovered yet so it's gone without saying that Im not helping, I'm at home with the 4 kids (wahhhh) while he goes out for shopping, meds etc for the vulnerable, the worry of him bringing it home has me doubting whether it's worth it, which makes me feel so selfish.
Not selfish. Family first & you have 4 little ones. They need you. If you want to help, there are other zero contact ways to do that. Make masks. Pray. Call an elderly person to check in & offer encouragement. Pay someone’s electric bill. Drop off a bag of canned goods. Creative myriad of other ways. Take care of your lungs!

My sorority big sister from many years ago just posted on FB. She, her husband and grown son have Covid 19. She and her son are ok, managing symptoms at home. Husband is in the hospital on a vent.

thanks for the tips
what kind of cold medicine did you get?
Sorry Lady L, I missed this.

I have been taking Lemsip cold and flu capsules, because they contain paracetamol. Not sure if the other components are recommended or no tho, so obviously please check based on latest info available. Paracetamol itself is in v short supply here in the UK.

Good morning. I'm sidelined until the first week of April. I am presumed positive due to exposure to a known positive patient and I'm symptomatic. Thankfully they're mild symptoms. The worst is the headache that doesn't go away and being tired. I fell asleep last night while my husband was talking, I was sitting straight up on the couch. It scared him a bit because that's not something that I do. Still have a headache but I'm glad it's not the more severe symptoms.

I have been taking Lemsip cold and flu capsules, because they contain paracetamol. Not sure if the other components are recommended or no tho, so obviously please check based on latest info available. Paracetamol itself is in v short supply here in the UK.

thank you
looks like that translates to Sinutab or Benylin here in Canada

Good morning. I'm sidelined until the first week of April. I am presumed positive due to exposure to a known positive patient and I'm symptomatic. Thankfully they're mild symptoms. The worst is the headache that doesn't go away and being tired. I fell asleep last night while my husband was talking, I was sitting straight up on the couch. It scared him a bit because that's not something that I do. Still have a headache but I'm glad it's not the more severe symptoms.

so scary
keep us updated if you can

Some surely are, and some I know have ordered chloroquinone for themselves and their families. I know some doctors who are prescribing it to patients before it runs out. If it's high risk patients, I understand that (and indeed, one doctor who has gotten some for self and family is indeed a high risk patient himself)

Then, of course, there are the university hospitals who are using the drug in hospital.

|

On CNN round table discussion the other night with Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Anderson Cooper, they interviewed a lupus patient, a man about in his 40's, who said he's no longer able to get the chloroquinone that he's taken for years to control his lupus disease. His doctor and pharmacist told him there's a shortage now from people buying and stockpiling this drug for "off-label" use for COVID 19.

Its really a sad situation as here's a drug that's been proven to help lupus patients, but they can no longer use it. Instead, it's being stockpiled for use by some for COVID 19, when its unknown whether it has any effect on the virus.

What are lupus patients supposed to do when they can no longer get their medication? What a terrible situation to be in. JMO, doctors should not be helping patients get a prescription for this drug when its unknown to be effective, and especially when the patient hasn't been diagnosed with any illness.

Hopes for unproven COVID-19 treatment lead to shortage of chloroquine in Spokane pharmacies

Michigan pharmacists worried about shortage, as doctors wrongfully prescribe medication

What a nightmare for patients suffering from lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses to have no medication.

I hope someone takes action to stop doctors prescribing this drug to patients who don't need it.

I have a co-worker waiting on the results of Corona virus testing. In Tennessee it takes 5-10 days to get the results back. So what is being reported in my state is about 10 days behind real time. Idk what we will be told to do if she comes back positive. Waiting and working in our local nursing facility for now.

I used to get a box of Limsip every year for the winter months from an import store. She can no longer get it shipped to the U.S., has been a few years now but it really was very helpful!

Please don't feel selfish. You have enough on your plate. And if YOU get sick, you'll expose nurses, doctors and techs at a time when they're not able to get adequate PPE. I hope your dear husband is wearing sunglasses and a mask. If I do decide to run an errand, I'll do that (plus I'll probably take my contacts out for a day or so beforehand).

On CNN round table discussion the other night with Dr. Sanjay Gupta and Anderson Cooper, they interviewed a lupus patient, a man about in his 40's, who said he's no longer able to get the chloroquinone that he's taken for years to control his lupus disease. His doctor and pharmacist told him there's a shortage now from people buying and stockpiling this drug for "off-label" use for COVID 19.

Its really a sad situation as here's a drug that's been proven to help lupus patients, but they can no longer use it. Instead, it's being stockpiled for use by some for COVID 19, when its unknown whether it has any effect on the virus.

What are lupus patients supposed to do when they can no longer get their medication? What a terrible situation to be in. JMO, doctors should not be helping patients get a prescription for this drug when its unknown to be effective, and especially when the patient hasn't been diagnosed with any illness.

Hopes for unproven COVID-19 treatment lead to shortage of chloroquine in Spokane pharmacies

Michigan pharmacists worried about shortage, as doctors wrongfully prescribe medication

What a nightmare for patients suffering from lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses to have no medication.

I hope someone takes action to stop doctors prescribing this drug to patients who don't need it.

My sil has lupus and my father has lupus. My sil nearly died last year from the flu and spent months in the hospital. I feel terrible for all those who can't get their life saving medications. :(

I am currently sick in CO and cannot be tested
Sorry to hear this. Are you guys able to access our NHS 111 website? It has an online questionnaire which gives you a very good idea of whether you have this thing or not. It's not obviously as definitive but helps you know what you're likely dealing with.

NHS 111 online

Also, hope the mods wont mind making a small exception to the rules if I say please feel free to message me to discuss symptoms etc. If I can still count, I think this is day 12 for me and feeling much better. My son has it now tho, so we are not out of the woods yet.

Now we have one employee who had a full exposure and was told she can continue to work wearing a paper mask! Other co-worker still awaiting test results. A former employee was allowed in the building over the weekend after returning recently from Westchester County NY. All our patients will be dropping like flies in 10-14 days. Jeez!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back