WS Members/loved ones who have Coronavirus or testing for Coronavirus (Group Hug)

OK now that this thread is mostly unused, and everytone already had COVID, I felt not-so-good yesterday and worse this evening and one of my rapid tests clearly shows a positive.

I have had all available vaccines but.....I still feel like who knows if this will be bad.
It may be better than you think. I thought I had a bad bad cold. It wasn't till I lost my smell and taste that I knew I had it. My biggest complaint was exhaustion and severe brain fog and forgetfulness. Wandering around not knowing my left hand from my right.
Hang in there! It does get better.

It may be better than you think. I thought I had a bad bad cold. It wasn't till I lost my smell and taste that I knew I had it. My biggest complaint was exhaustion and severe brain fog and forgetfulness. Wandering around not knowing my left hand from my right.
thanks... I have headache, sinus, fever....I lost my little test cassette twice but I think
it was the shock of it actually being + after all this time and the sinus headache does nothing for clear thinking.:( Did you have it for a full week?

OK now that this thread is mostly unused, and everytone already had COVID, I felt not-so-good yesterday and worse this evening and one of my rapid tests clearly shows a positive.

I have had all available vaccines but.....I still feel like who knows if this will be bad.
After 2 1/2 years I finally contracted COVID 2 weeks ago. I had my 5th booster (bivalent) 10 days before I tested positive.

The first 2 days were ugly but I bounced back quickly. I have chronic severe asthma so I’ve been very concerned about how I would be affected. It turned out OK.

Rest, drink lots and stay positive. You’re gonna be OK.

HUGS

Please keep us updated on how you are doing!

Oh no, so sorry to hear that!
(Only 3 people in my immediate family of 11 have had Covid. Two more possibly but tested negative multiple times)

Wishing a speedy recovery!

Hoping you don’t lose your sense of taste/smell- we have one family member that still has no sense of taste six months later.

Sorry you have Covid. A number of people I know who are fully vaxxed/boosted have gotten Covid and have had symptoms like a bad cold.

Take care and I hope you will feel much better soon!

Those symptoms sound pretty bad!

Oh no, so sorry to hear that!
(Only 3 people in my immediate family of 11 have had Covid. Two more possibly but tested negative multiple times)

Wishing a speedy recovery!

Hoping you don’t lose your sense of taste/smell- we have one family member that still has no sense of taste six months later.
I'm sorry for your family member who still hasn't recovered their sense of taste. That is rough. Have they looked into smell training (or whatever it's called)?

Take care and I hope you feel better soon!

Well, after 3 negative tests I’m back to full on COVID and positivity again. No fever, but congestion, a bit of a cough and serious fatigue.

Rebound COVID my doctor says. So back to the couch with with my doggies.

Hang in there everybody.

Did anyone get anti-virals and did they work? Heard so many different things about them. My Dr. did not recommend them BTW.

Well, after 3 negative tests I’m back to full on COVID and positivity again. No fever, but congestion, a bit of a cough and serious fatigue.

Rebound COVID my doctor says. So back to the couch with with my doggies.

Hang in there everybody.
How aggravating! Hope you improve quickly.

Articles about Covid rebound (without Paxlovid treatment and without).

From NYT article:
When the antiviral treatment Paxlovid came into wider use for Covid-19 infections earlier this year, doctors who prescribed it and patients who took it noticed that symptoms sometimes flared up again a few days after having gone away. Some people even tested negative before they experienced the rebound. But this puzzling phenomenon can occur whether you take Paxlovid or not, according to a new study.

Researchers found that when patients received a placebo instead of treatment, a portion of them still experienced a rebound of their symptoms after they had initially improved.

“Symptom return is common,” said Dr. Davey Smith, the chief of infectious diseases and global public health at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine, who led the study. “It doesn’t mean that things are going south. It’s just the natural way the disease goes.” What is surprising, however, is how many people may experience a rebound, he said....

Did anyone get anti-virals and did they work? Heard so many different things about them. My Dr. did not recommend them BTW.
I have several friends my age (elderly) who got Covid this year (all were up-to-date on vaccines and boosters) who took Paxlovid, and one took molnupiravir. These drugs are very effective at reducing symptoms and keeping older people out of the hospital. I would take an antiviral if I got Covid.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back