WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I grieve for my home state of West Virginia when I see this kind of judicial indifference and casual game-playing of the whole welfare system.:dunno: This case is even worse than usual because of Aliayah and the fact that alleged adults in her life apparently have no interest in her now that she's missing.:maddening:

hiya MountainLover...my hubby is from your neck of the woods:seeya:

I couldn't agree with you more.

http://www.wboy.com/story/16488602/...federal-court-on-federal-welfare-fraud-charge

Lunsford will be sentenced on the charge in six to eight weeks. She faces a maximum penalty of five years in prison and up to a $250,000 fine.

BBM

Why 6-8 weeks? How many times does someone have to go to court? No wonder the courts are clogged - I can help problem-solve this one. Sentence them the day they plead guilty - one stop shopping. :yesss:

Then when Lena goes to jail maybe Ralph will talk in his sleep to one of his new women. :Bananared::Banane27::Banane13:

We love you Aliayah and want you home :innocent:

BBM

Why 6-8 weeks? How many times does someone have to go to court? No wonder the courts are clogged - I can help problem-solve this one. Sentence them the day they plead guilty - one stop shopping. :yesss:

Then when Lena goes to jail maybe Ralph will talk in his sleep to one of his new women. :Bananared::Banane27::Banane13:

We love you Aliayah and want you home :innocent:

Unfortunately, I doubt she'll go to jail. We couldnt get that lucky. I wish someone would make her talk!!!

I think it is interesting to see the way Lena reacts in the video posted by Westinlund.

I also agree that it would be ideal to be sentenced on the same day you plead. What benefit is there to waiting 6-8 weeks. Are they gathering a jury?

Possible Human Remains Found In Barbour County Not Missing Child

Reported by: Leslie Rubin
Web Producer: Leslie Rubin
Reported: Jan. 11, 2012 12:01 AM EST
Updated: Jan. 11, 2012 12:10 AM EST

Arden , West Virginia

The Barbour County Sheriff's Department is investigating possible human remains found in a shallow grave Tuesday afternoon

The department says it was flooded with calls that it could be the remains of missing 3-year-old Aliayah Lunsford who vanished from her home in the nearby Lewis County, but deputies tell Eyewitness News it is "in no, way shape or form" connected to the Lunsford case.

http://www.wchstv.com/newsroom/eyewitness/120111_7974.shtml

I did create a thread for the remains....

Thanks for posting the video of Lena's court appearance.

I was struck by how much Aliayah looks like Lena. Our poor beautiful little lamb, her Mama should have adored her.

http://www.westondemocrat.com/legals.html

A petition is being filed to terminate the parental rights to Aliayah. Now why would they do that?

I think that this is related to the article in the post above yours. I think that the notice is saying that Aliayah is abused and neglected, so there will be proceedings against her birth mother, Lena. And one potential outcome of those proceedings is that she could lose her parental rights. :twocents:

From the weston democrat link.

seeking the placement of the child in the permanent custody of the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources and the termination of parental and custodial rights.

Both parents must be notified in order to terminate rights of one or both parents. If the parent is missing or isn't known, it must first be published in the local paper.I think the attorney is now asking to terminate LL's parental rights and in order to procede with that, the father has to be notified. Normally we wouldn't see any of this but since it's required to notify both parents and one is unknown, we get a preview of what's to come in the newspaper. Just my opinion and of course, I could be wrong!

I asked Gitana1 to give us her legal opinion on terminating parental rights and seeking Aliayah's bio-father. I think I know some of the answers, but it never hurts to have a professional give us her thoughts. TIA Gitana1, whenever you have time. :seeya:

Does Lena answer any of the questions in the video? My speakers arent that great and I couldnt hear a lot of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sally43