WV WV - Aliayah Lunsford, 3, Lewis Co., 24 Sep 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't want to be morbid, but wondering IF a body were deposited somewhere under water in September, could it deteriorate to skeletal remains so quickly,...especially seeing that the water is so cold. I would not think so,...but then I am unfamiliar with forensics.

Don't want to be morbid, but wondering IF a body were deposited somewhere under water in September, could it deteriorate to skeletal remains so quickly,...especially seeing that the water is so cold. I would not think so,...but then I am unfamiliar with forensics.

You have to keep in mind that things like turtles and fish are in the water too. They could conceivably add to skeletonization. I don't know for certain about this body of water but in many in the area there are snappers, pike, gar and cat fish.

ETA Not sayin a skeleton WAS found just sayin that with the unseasonably warm winter we've had might cause these things to stir a bit more and could help the process along.

I am SO terribly worried. If this is Aliayah, I will be happy that she will get a proper burial. If this is Aliayah, we will know where she is.

My concern is that if this is our sweet Aliayah, she has been in the water for a very long time. What evidence will be left that proves what really happened to her? Will we have an injustice because of the lack of evidence? What will they be able to prove? Will there be a COD? Oh, do NOT let history repeat itself.

Prayers and love to the searchers! Prayers and LOVE to Vickie.

There can be causes of death deduced under the most far-fetched circumstances. A lot of times blunt-force trauma will show up in bones being broken,...a skull crushed,..etc.

Nostoneunturned... The article you linked says they found something underwater but authorities did not find anything when they took over from the searchers. Also does not state that they pulled anything from the water. Or were you talking about other msm confirmation?

Dont worry all... If this is our little aliayah she will be okay until Thursday. Whatever it is most likely isnt moving, and the people who put it there cant get to it, at least not without anyone seeing them!

I wish they had searched that Dam early in the case. Reminds me of Celina Cass' case. God Bless our Little Aliayah.

Volunteers had the dam lowered so they could take out a boad and an underwater camera. They found "something" around 2:30 Tuesday afternoon.

The volunteers aren't allowed to specify exactly what they found. They alerted authorities, according to protocol, who took over the search.

Divers from Braxton County weren't able to find what the volunteers found, and the search will continue when the weather clears up.
http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=v...Prompts-Water-Search-for-Aliayah-Lunsford1167

sounds like what was "found" was on the camera but divers have not been able to locate what was captured..yet...

prayers for those who love Aliayah!

Nursebeeme:

Your location, "Sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theater",.....Jeff Daniels. Are you a fellow Michigander? Sorry to go OT. ;)

I hope and pray that the searchers will stay safe and that Aliayah will be found. That sad little face and beautiful brown eyes are so haunting-they demand justice for her.

Sweet little Aliayah, I am so hoping they will find you...prayers for the searchers, and for Aliayah.....

Wow, you're right. I checked the link and that line HAD been removed. I can't really apologize for reporting it though. If the thing that was found was nothing, they could have reported it as such. Removing it completely makes me think they are building their case.

Keep at it LE!

Vickie has posted on LCIN&T that Aliayah has not been recovered. MarthaM - you are right about these MSM sites reporting without confirmation of facts. :maddening:

So conflicted. Was hoping she was found but on the other hand, there is still hope. God bless this family.

What a roller coaster for me last night. Can't even imagine what it must have been like for family members.

Vickie has posted on LCIN&T that Aliayah has not been recovered. MarthaM - you are right about these MSM sites reporting without confirmation of facts.

So conflicted. Was hoping she was found but on the other hand, there is still hope. God bless this family.

What a roller coaster for me last night. Can't even imagine what it must have been like for family members.

:( I was really hoping today was the day.

Ps. No Stone Unturned -- I didn't mean anything by my post this morning! I read the article less than 10 minutes after you posted it and they had changed it already! I was sitting her scratching my head, lol!

Incredible huge amount of rain today, flash flooding.

As I have for months...prayers and hugs to you sweet sweet baby

They found the skeleton of a dog? Well, that's cleared up then I guess.

I'm just really glad there's such an organized search effort for Aliayah. She deserves to be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11