GUILTY WV - Ericka Brown, 16, Kanawha County, 9 August 2014

No the sex traffic Mess is NOT part of this case. That comment was about the kids thinking everyone they meet are harmless, but even in our area they are in danger.. Sorry for the confusion :)

I am confused about this arrest. Seems to be some mixed messages whether it is connected to this tragic case or not.

Ericka's pix really get to me. She looks so sensitive and sweet. I think probably very naive. :rose:

bbm
Same thoughts here, katydid -- I wonder how long she was with the alleged perp before she knew she was in big trouble? That's a thought I always have, especially with young teens -- and like you, I feel like she was a young 16 y/old. Oh, it breaks my heart to know that we have one more young person whose obit we will later read, and see her grieving and never-able-to-forget-this-horror family.

I hope the suspect is the one they want. Something like this might have gone on for months or years. We need a name.

(maybe by the time this posts, we will have a name)

http://www.wowktv.com/story/26412294/reports-body-of-missing-kanawha-county-wv-girl-found-in-oh

Reports: Body of missing Kanawha County, WV girl found in OH; person of interest in custody

So it's official.

Thanks for the link; wasn't able to watch the video on my Mac for some reason; just finished watching it on my Windows puter.
It will not be "official" until the ME gives a positive ID. I have to say that I give a lot of credit to the agencies involved because I was worried we would see a repeat of the Chris Sexton mess who was missing from WV in October; found Dec 6th. LE as well as media should be ashamed for their reporting back then as they did not even give the family time to contact everyone before it was released to media. Some family found out via the media. I'm thankful most are being respectful of her families grief.

bbm Same thoughts here, katydid -- I wonder how long she was with the alleged perp before she knew she was in big trouble? That's a thought I always have, especially with young teens -- and like you, I feel like she was a young 16 y/old. Oh, it breaks my heart to know that we have one more young person whose obit we will later read, and see her grieving and never-able-to-forget-this-horror family.

I hope the suspect is the one they want. Something like this might have gone on for months or years. We need a name.

(maybe by the time this posts, we will have a name)

I'm wondering if it's possibly a minor; since they are not releasing the name. It reminds me of 12 year old Autumn Pasquale who was killed 2 years ago over her bike.

Thanks for the link; wasn't able to watch the video on my Mac for some reason; just finished watching it on my Windows puter.
It will not be "official" until the ME gives a positive ID. I have to say that I give a lot of credit to the agencies involved because I was worried we would see a repeat of the Chris Sexton mess who was missing from WV in October; found Dec 6th. LE as well as media should be ashamed for their reporting back then as they did not even give the family time to contact everyone before it was released to media. Some family found out via the media. I'm thankful most are being respectful of her families grief.

I'm wondering if it's possibly a minor; since they are not releasing the name.
It reminds me of 12 year old Autumn Pasquale who was killed 2 years ago over her bike.

bbm

Hmmmmm, good (or is it bad?) thought -- I had not considered that. Oh, my. Again, we'll see. A minor -- a horrible tragedy for that family, too , if it is so.

Not seeing any that seem to match the charges

I didn't either, but I suppose it is possible that the POI could be held on a lesser charge for the time being. LE is doing that right now in the April Millsap case in Michigan (IMO). They've got the POI in custody on marijuana possession/distribute charges.

BREAKING NEWS!!! Man Faces Charges In Connection To Body Found In Ohio
Updated: Monday, September 1, 2014

Sheriff Keith Wood of the Meigs County Sheriff’s Office said they are charging a man with the murder of a body that was found in Ohio.
Wood said Ernest Roach, 36, will be facing murder charges, amongst other charges, Tuesday morning.
Roach is in custody at South Central Regional Jail on other charges.
The body, believed to be that of a missing Kanawha County teenager, was found in Meigs County, Ohio.

Imprisonment Status: Federal Inmate

What an utterly bizarre opening line:

Sheriff Keith Wood of the Meigs County Sheriff’s Office said they are charging a man with the murder of a body that was found in Ohio.

Wood said Ernest Roach, 36, will be facing murder charges, amongst other charges, Tuesday morning.

"Murder of a body?" You'd think they'd at least say murder of a female or woman or girl or something...

Unfortunately I'm sure we can guess what at least some of the other charges will be :(

And this is very interesting...

Something caused them to have their eye on him and they got a warrant on FRIDAY! So before Ericka was found.

Kanawha deputies said a federal felony warrant was obtained for Roach on Friday. Roach was found on Saturday morning, the same day the body was found.

Wonder what they had to show that they believed he was connected somehow to allow them to get the warrant?

Especially since they obviously hadn't found her body at that point, since we know it wasn't even LE that found it, but the jet ski fixing folk, so it's not like we're missing timeline info and she had been found earlier than it became public.

http://www.wchstv.com/news/features...o-Body-Found-In-Ohio-29170.shtml#.VATqcKN0aLm

Seems they're now officially saying it's Ericka and have switched the articles back from the "body" that some of them reverted to for awhile:

The Meigs County Sheriff's Office says a body found Saturday is that of a teen missing from Kanawha County since August 10.

The sheriff's office says the body is that of 16-year-old Ericka Brown.

<snip>

The sheriff's office released the identity Monday afternoon.

http://www.thenewscenter.tv/home/he...ery-of-Womans-Body-in-Meigs-Co-273345361.html

What an utterly bizarre opening line:

"Murder of a body?" You'd think they'd at least say murder of a female or woman or girl or something...

This is very interesting...

Something caused them to have their eye on him and they got a warrant on FRIDAY! So before Ericka was found.

Wonder what they had to show that they believed he was connected somehow to allow them to get the warrant?

Especially since they obviously hadn't found her body at that point, since we know it wasn't even LE that found it, but the jet ski fixing folk, so it's not like we're missing timeline info and she had been found earlier than it became public.

http://www.wchstv.com/news/features...o-Body-Found-In-Ohio-29170.shtml#.VATqcKN0aLm

Imo, LE knew the name of this guy all along based on Ericka's online activity-it was stated right away that her family believed she might be with a 30-something year old man she had met online.

I want to know why the warrant wasn't issued sooner.

I'm feeling like LE may have dropped the ball on this one.

28dab7f6-7707-41c5-aaf7-1b0f0b48df12_zpsdb8fcb27.jpg

http://www.athensohiotoday.com/news...cle_36d383dd-ff39-5a51-a9cd-1282f7c479f8.html

Wood said on Monday afternoon that charges would be filed Tuesday morning against Ernest M. Roach, 36, of Mile Hill Road, Racine, in connection with the death of Brown after her body was discovered near Portland.

Roach may face charges including murder for allegedly causing the death of Brown according to the sheriff. It is not known at this time what additional charges he may face in Meigs County or other areas...

Wood said the body had been identified by DNA with the assistance of the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation and Identification. The cause of death has not been determined pending autopsy.

RIP Sweet. Young. Ericka. I am so sorry. You deserved so much better. :rose:

Imo, LE knew the name of this guy all along based on Ericka's online activity-it was stated right away that her family believed she might be with a 30-something year old man she had met online.

I want to know why the warrant wasn't issued sooner.

I'm feeling like LE may have dropped the ball on this one.

That's what I thought initially too, but then how in the world was nothing done before now?!

I mean, she was 16...there was no way that they couldn't have gotten him on something due to the age difference and there surely being something physical tied into it.

ETA: Wonder if he had a child around Ericka's age based on that picture of him with the teen on his FB that a relative commented on (making it sound like it's ER's family member, at least)

Wow - interesting he admitted it right away.

I feel badly for her parents every time I see this in an article:

On Aug. 10, Brown's parents discovered her missing from their home in Cross Lanes, and immediately called 911.

So often we have missing kids (and especially missing teens) and parents wait hours - or even days - to report them missing.

Here her parents reported it immediately and gave their suspicions about her being with someone older, etc. And yet still such a senseless ending. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Protocol136
Back