Match! WV - Greenbrier Co, AsianFem Skel 859UFWV, Sep'02 *Karen Tait*

Honestly what is wrong with people . . . reminds me of the Charleston SC cop who killed his wife because he preferred diddling little kids (Dan Hiers Jr.).

I am in awe. It is beginning to be a common feeling around WS.

Amazing work, Carl and the rest of the WS members that have embraced this most difficult task of solving these terrible UID and missing persons cases.

images

Congratulations CarlK! Great WORK!! :rocker:

You've helped send Karen home and hopefully justice will be served. RIP Karen

Amazing work Carl! So glad Karen's family can finally have closure

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/20160515/lawsuit-worker-fired-for-not-destroying-remains

A former employee of the state’s Office of the Chief Medical Examiner claims she found the remains of a homicide victim whose family had raised money to have their daughter’s remains shipped overseas for proper burial...

In a lawsuit filed in Kanawha County Circuit Court Banks says she was ordered to burn human remains and make human remains “disappear” while she worked for about a year as a death investigator for the office...

She claims when she found the remains of a woman who wasn’t supposed to still be in the office, that she wasn’t allowed to contact the decedent’s family. “Banks was shocked to learn that the victim’s family, either the wrong human remains were shipped overseas to the victim’s family, or the remains were never shipped at all and the reports were inaccurate.”

Banks does not name the woman but a search online shows that in 2013, the remains of Karen Santillan Tait were shipped to her family in the Philippines from the state medical examiner.

Absolutely horrifying story! UIDs and their families suffering prior and even after death.

At least one positive news from the article is:
A hiker discovered Tait’s badly decomposing body in Greenbrier County in 2002, according to news reports. Tait’s husband pleaded guilty to her murder in 2013.

I e-mailed this possible match to Pamela Reed on August 30. However, I don't know if it was on their radar prior to my e-mail.

I will leave the flag as Identified for now. I e-mailed Pamela Reed again to see if it was my e-mail that resulted in the match. If she says it was, I will change the flag to Match!

Wonderful Carl!! Compliments! I want to be as good as you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann
Back