WV WV - Gretchen Fleming, 27, Vienna, Dec 2022 *POI in 2023*

JAN 5, 2023
[...]

About two hours outside of Parkersburg, where Fleming went missing, suspected human remains were found in Elm Grove, according to WTOV.

Ohio County Sheriff Tom Howard told the FOX affiliate that officials were led to the suspected human remains on Thursday after his office got a call from another department regarding a missing person.

Howard said that the remains were taken to Kepner Funeral Home where a medical examiner will perform an investigation.

[...]

:(

JAN 5, 2023
[...]

Former employees with the Front Row Sports Bar and Grill say that Gretchen was a regular there and was there the night she disappeared before being last seen at the My Way Lounge.

The bartender who was there the night of her disappearance, Kacee Farnsworth says that Gretchen was there with someone who is not considered the person of interest and was there until 11 p.m.

Another employee, Jessica McAtee says that Gretchen’s purse with her phone and other materials was turned into the front row the following morning. And it was there for a week until her father, David Fleming picked up the purse on December 11.

[...]

“It’s a weird feeling,” says Farnsworth. “We were both talking about it earlier actually. Because like there’s been a few different cases like this that’s happened from working at the bar. And it’s very scary as a customer or a bartender. Because anything could happen. And I know that this person of interest has had a lot of cases or like issues in the past. And nothing’s been done about it. And I think that’s really part of the problem.”

[...]

JAN 5, 2023
[...]

About two hours outside of Parkersburg, where Fleming went missing, suspected human remains were found in Elm Grove, according to WTOV.

Ohio County Sheriff Tom Howard told the FOX affiliate that officials were led to the suspected human remains on Thursday after his office got a call from another department regarding a missing person.

Howard said that the remains were taken to Kepner Funeral Home where a medical examiner will perform an investigation.

[...]

:(

I wonder if this means he confessed.

"
The Parkersburg Police Department learned this morning that a national news outlet alluded that human remains located in Ohio County, West Virginia may be connected to the Gretchen Fleming case. At this time there has been no connection made between the two cases. Also, the outside agency that was referred to as contacting the Ohio County Sheriff’s Department was not the Parkersburg Police Department."

From the Parkersburg Police Department FB

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (WTAP) - Parkersburg Police Chief Matt Board says he does not believe that suspected human remains found in Ohio County are connected to the search for Gretchen Fleming.

JAN 7, 2023
[...]

Police report a reward of $32,500 has been offered to anyone with substantial information concerning Fleming’s physical location. A separate reward for the same amount has been offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in Fleming’s disappearance or physically harming the woman.

Parkersburg Police Chief Matthew Board said Fleming's family attributes the substantial increase in reward money to business owners "who care about Gretchen and the Parkersburg area and wanted to help but wish to remain anonymous." The original reward that was posted totaled $15,000.

[...]

Yes, that's what the article above says but the link posted all wonky, lol.

Police: Reward upped to $65,000 for information regarding missing Wood County woman

Wtap still doesn't have it in an article. I suppose they may update tomorrow.

Seems like bad happenings begin at The Front Row fairly often. JMO from past cases. Something was going on there earlier this evening. moo

JAN 8, 2023
Rewards for information leading to the location and return of a missing Vienna woman and the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in her disappearance have increased to a combined $65,000.

[...]

A reward of $32,500 is being offered “for substantial information leading to the current physical location and return” of Fleming, according to a poster provided by the family and shared by Board.

A separate $32,500 reward is for “information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone involved in Gretchen’s disappearance and/or physical harm to her,” it says.

[...]

Parkersburg Police Chief Matthew Board said Fleming’s family told him the additional funds were made possible by Parkersburg businesspeople who care about Fleming.

Meanwhile, police continue to follow up on a number of tips including one that took them to Ravenswood in Jackson County last week.

JAN 8, 2023
[...]

Parkersburg PD says a national news outlet recently alluded that human remains found in Ohio County, West Virginia, could be related to Fleming’s case. The department says there is no connection between the cases at this time.

Fleming was allegedly last seen at the My Way Lounge in Parkersburg. She was 27 when she first went missing and recently turned 28, according to the missing flyer her family submitted to 13 News.

The flyer also says she is about 5’1, 110 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. The photo used is around two years old, officers say.

[...]

:scratches head:

JAN 10, 2023
[...]

JG says that frustration is causing a lot of speculation online with people creating their own assumptions or sharing misinformation about Gretchen’s disappearance.

“These people that don’t know her – they’re grasping at information that they find or through, you know, the game of ‘Telephone.’ You know, you hear one thing and pass it along and then it gets distorted,” says JG.

JG even found himself in the crosshairs of someone assuming he was with Gretchen the night she went missing at the bar, Front Row.

However, he says not only was he at home, but he didn’t even know Gretchen was back in the area.

“I just, in all this craziness when she first went missing, I had just closed on my house. Been fixing it up and was in the middle of a little mini re-model to make it my own. So, I’ve literally lived at my house. We were tearing up floors and putting floors and walls in,” says JG. “And to be honest, I don’t go out regularly. And, you know again, I didn’t know that she was here. So, had I known, who’s to say. But I don’t know if we still would’ve talked. I would know that she was in town to be able to reach out with her. And she’d have to reach out to me first she was in town.”

[...]

JAN 12, 2023
[...]

As of today, the timeline begins with Gretchen going to the Front Row Sports Bar and Grill on the night of December 3rd. Parkersburg police chief, Matt Board says that she was with someone who is not considered a person of interest.

Board says that she would leave later in the night with a separate person — who is also not considered a person of interest — before arriving at the My Way Lounge. She would arrive there without her purse, phone, debit card and other items. Gretchen would eventually leave the My Way Lounge with the person of interest — who WTAP has confirmed is Preston Pierce, formerly known as Darrell Lott — who Parkersburg police confirm provided Gretchen with the ride from Pierce’s statement.

[...]

As of this time, Board says he does not have a lot of information that can be provided at this time. Both for the integrity of the investigation and helping Gretchen and her family.

“I just want to reassure the community that the Parkersburg police department is dedicated to helping Gretchen and helping Gretchen’s family. And because we are not releasing some aspects of information that some people would like does not mean that we don’t have information. That does not mean that we are not actively and aggressively pursuing the case,” says Board. “But while looking for Gretchen we also have to protect the integrity of the investigation and in of itself. So, it’s not that we’re not trying to be transparent. We’re doing everything we can to help Gretchen and her family while simultaneously maintaining that integrity.”

[...]

JAN 10, 2023
[...]

JG says that frustration is causing a lot of speculation online with people creating their own assumptions or sharing misinformation about Gretchen’s disappearance.

“These people that don’t know her – they’re grasping at information that they find or through, you know, the game of ‘Telephone.’ You know, you hear one thing and pass it along and then it gets distorted,” says JG.

JG even found himself in the crosshairs of someone assuming he was with Gretchen the night she went missing at the bar, Front Row.

However, he says not only was he at home, but he didn’t even know Gretchen was back in the area.

“I just, in all this craziness when she first went missing, I had just closed on my house. Been fixing it up and was in the middle of a little mini re-model to make it my own. So, I’ve literally lived at my house. We were tearing up floors and putting floors and walls in,” says JG. “And to be honest, I don’t go out regularly. And, you know again, I didn’t know that she was here. So, had I known, who’s to say. But I don’t know if we still would’ve talked. I would know that she was in town to be able to reach out with her. And she’d have to reach out to me first she was in town.”

[...]
Is it me or does this statement seem really odd? MOO

JAN 16, 2023
With the search for Gretchen Fleming continuing, law enforcement is continuing to look for any new leads or information that can be available for this case.

JAN 19, 2023

STILL MISSING: Gretchen Fleming Disappears After Night Out With Friends

Finally got a look at some info that's around the web. It's a real eye opener for me, some in this thread have already seen it, I'm just behind.

Finally got a look at the POI's picture, it's said to have been on local tv six whole times but I haven't been able to verify that.

I was surprised to read that the police were back searching again!
It’s a very small house. I drive by it several times a week. I saw lights on in the early morning after he was taken in for questioning the night before. Since then I have never seen a car there or any lights on.
The street in front of the twice searched house will be closed daily for up to three weeks Monday through Friday, for a public utilities project.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back