WV WV - Gretchen Fleming, 27, Vienna, Dec 2022 *POI in 2023*

Parkersburg's police chief still thinks there are witnesses with key information on Fleming’s disappearance. She was last seen leaving a downtown Parkersburg bar on Dec 3. Several days after that, family members alerted police the woman was missing.

“This is not a cold case,” Parkersburg Police Chief Matthew Board told Eyewitness News. “It’s still being actively perused.”

A person of interest developed early on the in probe. Various sources have identified the person of interest as a former West Virginia police officer.

Board said the person last seen with Fleming when she was alive is finished talking with investigators.

“In the early morning hours, she left with a gentleman who is the person of interest,” Board said. “We were able to establish contact with him within 24 hours of her disappearance being reported. Initially he was cooperative and at this point has completely ceased contact with law enforcement in regard to this investigation.”

There have been large searches for Fleming along with smaller hunts for possible evidence, but those efforts have not found the woman who vanished outside the My Way Lounge and Restaurant.

“In the early morning hours, she left with a gentleman who is the person of interest,” Board said. “We were able to establish contact with him within 24 hours of her disappearance being reported. Initially he was cooperative and at this point has completely ceased contact with law enforcement in regard to this investigation.”
So are we to understand the POI who was seen with Gretchen is now unwilling to assist with the investigation or have any contact with LE?

MAY 12, 2023
[...]

Parkersburg police detective, James Zimmerman says forensic and D.N.A. evidence is still being examined at the W.Va. crime lab.

... Detective Zimmerman also says there has been more progress in the case he says is painting a better picture of what happened the night Gretchen went missing.

“So, hopefully within the next couple weeks we’ll get some more answers from D.N.A. and some other new evidence that’s being analyzed. Hopefully we’ll have some answers soon,” says Zimmerman.

Zimmerman says there has been more search warrants conducted within the last few weeks.

[...]

“The press conference is scheduled for 4:30 p.m. on the front steps of the school.

They will be selling shirts with a design made by Fleming’s sister - with all proceeds going to the reward for information regarding the investigation.”

“The family of Gretchen Fleming, a woman who has been missing from Wood County, West Virginia, for nearly six months, announced Thursday that the reward for information on her disappearance has grown to $100,000.”

5/26/2023

Louise Fleming went on to read that Emma wrote many see Gretchen has just a face on a poster, but that she is more than that to many others.

“To me, she’s my sister, my best friend, my inspiration,” Louise Fleming read. “So, when you think about Gretchen, I ask that you think about her in this way, as a real human, with friends and family, and unfinished goals and aspirations.”

I believe this is same high school that Patsy Ramsey graduated from, Parkersburg was her birthplace. iirc

“To let people know we’re still hard at it, looking for information, someone to come forward,” she said.

PHS Principal Kenny DeMoss contacted the family about having an event, Louise Fleming said.

Hope there is an update on the case soon. First, that Gretchen is found and second, that an arrest is made. moo

January 4th 2023, 3:33 PM EST

Multiple search warrants have been executed in connection with the investigation but remain sealed in court. Police confirmed the search warrants were for the person of interest’s vehicle, residence, electronics and secondary locations he might rent or own.

JUN 6, 2023
[...]

“I think as a family we kind of feel helpless right now,” Fleming said. “And it’s a big waiting game. So, that’s our bit of what we can do is keep spreading her word, put signs out there, keep the reward out there. Let people know that we’re not giving up. This isn’t going to go away. We’re going to keep it in the forefront until we find answers and figure out what happened to her.”

David said a lot of this case is still a waiting game. He said a lot of this is because of getting back evidence from the W.Va. Crime Lab.

“From what I gathered, I mean, of course I want it done now. I know they are working on it. I know they are short-staffed, and I know they do need to do their due diligence. And we have to give them the time to be able to have the time to do their due diligence,” Fleming said. “I don’t want to rush them through it. So, I don’t want them to do it just to be doing it. But it is frustrating. But I do understand, and I have to be patient.”

The family’s next move in keeping Gretchen’s name alive is with the I.D. Channel series “Disappeared.” Which focuses on missing person’s cases and speaks with families and investigators.

[...]

JUL 18

PARKERSBURG, W.Va. (WTAP) - Gretchen Fleming went missing on the morning of December 4th after being seen last at the My Way Lounge in Parkersburg.

The investigation is being headed by Parkersburg police, and now her dad, David said the family has been contacted by outside agencies to help with the case.

“We started bringing in some outside agencies now that are going to be involved and looking at this case,” David Fleming said. “So, I think that’s a very positive move too. I can’t talk about in detail what they are doing. But they are outside agencies that are now going to be involved. And I think this is a very positive step.”

More at Gretchen Fleming’s family looks to outside agencies to help with case

JUL 18, 2023
[...]

Gretchen’s stepmother, Jennifer said Parkersburg P.D. is continuing to communicate and update the family as much as they can. She added the department is dedicating many hours to this case every day.

“I think they’re treating it as if it was their own family member. I think they are putting in that much effort,” Jennifer Fleming said.

[...]

David said he is starting to worry about the worst possible scenarios as another month goes by with no sign of his daughter.

“So, now as we’re approaching the eighth month factor... the realization is starting to hit that maybe something happened to her,” David Fleming said.

[...]

Two years ago today, Gabby Petito's remains were found. I am sharing Gretchen Fleming's case - who was last seen on 12.3.2022. Have you seen her .... do you have any information about Gretchen's whereabouts.

***MISSING*** PARKERSBURG, WV The Parkersburg Police Department is requesting the public’s assistance in locating a missing 27-year-old female. Gretchen Fleming was last seen in Parkersburg, WV on December 3rd, 2022.

1695162338010.png

This 7/19 news story is the most recent update I could find on Gretchen.

What ever happened to Preston Pierce, the POI in this case? Surely nine months later, we're not waiting for lab results and digital evidence to come back?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back