Resolved WV - Harpers Ferry, Appal'n Trl, UnkSexAgeRace, UP75513, male clothes, Saint Mary nklce, Apr'20 - NamUs removed

I just happened to come across websleuth. Agnes Shoe , also known as Ginger Coady was my cousin. She disappeared from her home in June 1979 without a trace. The NY State BCI was on her case for decades. Her sister, Rita, my cousin and my Aunt passed away broken hearted. I would like to know about this clothing found. She was last seen wearing a jersey, jeans, sneakers. Also her car, keys, medications, were all left home. Strange thing is that she was gone a few days before her husband came back to the house, he was in NJ, dog was still being fed ( did he ever go to NJ ?) He did not allow access to the home when family showed up looking for her. He eventually did when the police arrived. My suspicion was always her spouse did it, Richard Shoe who took up with his secretary. Any help would be appreciated. Her immediate family are gone, but the rest isn't.
Hi Caren, this case was resolved and appears to be unrelated to your cousin. However, there is a thread for Agnes Shoe here: NY - NY - Agnes "Ginger" Shoe, 37, Glenville, 26 Jun 1979

Many orders also have lay brethren who are kind of half-monks. One of my college friends was a lay brother in a Dominican monastery in Utah. He kept a subset of the vows and lived and worked at the monastery for a few weeks each year.
I think you could well be right.

I have known a lay monk and a lay nun. The description of the clothes and religious articles fits them to a "T":

- Simple, inexpensive clothes, large crucifix, either worn at the belt, as pendent, or around the neck. Frequently carried or wore additional medals, scapula, etc.

In addition, the face of the Virgin Mary on the medal has worn off, probably from rubbing against a shirt. This indicates that the medal was worn for a long time and was not an impulse buy or a gift that was worn once or twice to be polite, and then shelved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24
Back