WV - Infamous Boston mobster James “Whitey” Bulger killed in prison, Oct 2018 *arrests**

Presentencing:

Name: FOTIOS GEAS
Register Number: 05244-748
Race: White
Sex: Male
Release Date: LIFE
Located At: USP Florence ADMAX

Name: PAUL J DECOLOGERO
Register Number: 23952-038
Release Date: 12/14/2026
Located At: USP McCreary

Name: SEAN MCKINNON
Register Number: 10134-082
Released On: 07/27/2022

Seems McKinnon has long been in protective custody. JMO

5/14/24

A Vermont man implicated in the 2018 prison murder of Boston gangster James “Whitey” Bulger, is among three inmates who have agreed to a plea deal.

[..]

Geas, a convicted mafia hitman, was cellmates with McKinnon, who was serving time for stealing numerous guns from R&L Archery in Barre and trading them for drugs in Connecticut.

Prosecutors have said Geas and DeCologero took an active role in beating Bulger while McKinnon served as a lookout.

According to the New York Times, the three-page motion from prosecutors on Monday includes an agreement for McKinnon and the others to “cooperate” with the government in preparing a report detailing the circumstances of Bulger’s death.

5/13/24

(AP) — Three men charged in the 2018 prison killing of notorious Boston gangster James “Whitey” Bulger have reached plea deals with prosecutors, according to court papers filed Monday.

The plea deals were disclosed nearly six years after the 89-year-old gangster, who spent almost two decades on the lam, was beaten to death in his cell at a troubled West Virginia prison.

8/22/22

[..]

McKinnon is charged separately with making false statements to a federal agent. Prosecutors say he told federal agents he wasn’t aware of what happened to Bulger.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Philip Lammens in Florida granted prosecutors' request to keep McKinnon detained until trial, calling him both a flight risk and a danger to the community.

Authorities have not revealed a possible motive for Bulger’s killing, which has raised questions about why the 89-year-old was moved to the prison nicknamed “Misery Mountain” and placed in its general population instead of more protective housing.

[..]

Everyone that took out this vicious criminal deserves a medal, not punishment. Do research on this animal's crimes. Glad he was eliminated. He still died with a lot more dignity (and was a lot older) than his innocent victims.

I'm sick of hearing talk about any kind of leniency towards these vicious, violent criminals. The "kinder, gentler" trend towards these people is why the CJS is in such a sad state of affairs. These perps. commit vicious crimes & aren't even punished, or are let go with a slap on the wrist. Pathetic & sickening.

8/25/22

[..]

Sean McKinnon, who is accused of acting as a lookout while two other men killed Bulger, told his mother on a phone call shortly before Bulger came to USP Hazelton in October 2018 that inmates were preparing for the arrival of a "higher profile person."

After McKinnon told her that it was Bulger, she told him to stay away from the gangster, said Assistant U.S. Attorney Hannah Nowalk, according to a transcript of a hearing Monday in Ocala, Florida.

McKinnon told his mother: "I can't," to which she responded: "You get in trouble."

"Don't worry. Oh, I don't plan it," McKinnon said, according to the prosecutor.

An attorney for McKinnon, who was Geas' cellmate, told the judge that the phone call doesn't show he was involved in any plot to kill Bulger. She said it wasn't just that McKinnon knew, but "the entire unit was alerted that Whitey Bulger was coming to the unit."

"The fact that his roommate was a henchman has nothing to do with him. He didn't select his roommate. The fact that he knew that doesn't really tell the Court that he was involved in the conspiracy," defense attorney Christine Bird said, according to the transcript.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Philip Lammens on Monday ruled that McKinnon should remain locked up until trial, calling him a risk of flight and danger to the community.

[..]

An inmate witness told the grand jury in the case that he asked McKinnon and DeCologero if they were the guys who killed Bulger and they said they were, Nowalk said. That same witness "then indicated that Pauly (DeCologero) told him that Bulger was a snitch," Nowalk said.

Everyone that took out this vicious criminal deserves a medal, not punishment. Do research on this animal's crimes. Glad he was eliminated. He still died with a lot more dignity (and was a lot older) than his innocent victims.

I'm sick of hearing talk about any kind of leniency towards these vicious, violent criminals. The "kinder, gentler" trend towards these people is why the CJS is in such a sad state of affairs. These perps. commit vicious crimes & aren't even punished, or are let go with a slap on the wrist. Pathetic & sickening.

Seriously? Give the thugs who murdered Bulger medals and no punishment? These dudes were in prison for committing crimes as violent and ruthless as Bulgers!

Bulger was already spending the rest of his life in a cage as sentenced by a jury of his peers.

I disagree that rewarding the convicted inmates as OP suggests is going to improve the CJS. o_O

I stand by every last word in my previous post. Innocent, law-abiding citizens should not concern themselves when a vicious criminal is eliminated by another criminal. This particular criminal was one of the worst out there. He killed (or had killed) many innocents - and obviously there were many more than than what was proven. I don't know what those who eliminated him were in for, but I'd be surprised if their crimes were as heinous as his were:

And, he defied authorities by living comfortably (while "on the lam") for many years. If anything, he got off easy.

It's pathetic that everyone is talking about the fact that this animal wasn't "protected" in prison. What about the rights & protection for everyone that he killed (or had killed)?! And, what about the rights of all of the innocent people out there who are victimized by career criminals that are let back onto the street after they commit heinous crimes?! Where is their protection?! We all know the answer to this.

Seems McKinnon has long been in protective custody. JMO

To move McKinnon back inside, and a roommate with his cohort (before being formally charged) just sounds shady. As shady as the delayed charges when they were all captured on surveillance!

An inmate convicted on gun theft and up for release in months would throw away his freedom for his prison friends?

Maybe this will be explained in McKinnon's plea deal that is yet to be unsealed/released.

IMO, sentencing will still be 6+ months out.

We all know the answer to this.
^^rsbm

Well, the answer certainly isn't for convicted mafia enforcers to take out other inmates, be rewarded, and go unpunished, as OP is promoting!

Nope. I couldn't disagree more. JMO

Hopefully all vicious criminals out there will eliminate each other - as in this case. The world would definitely be a better place if this happened more often.

Anyone that defends a vicious criminal like this is part of the problem. He got exactly what was coming to him. The only problem is that this didn't happen many, many years ago.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back