WV WV - Michael Dillard, 15, Calvin, 12 Jan 2018

Bring Michael Dillard Home

New details shared by the FB Find page.

Michael suffers from bouts of severe depression. So severe that he spent almost a year in a hospital that specializes in adolecents with mental health issues. Michael came home from the hospital on December 19th. He was doing well. He was only back in school 4 days due to snow days and a problem with the school's heat. On the January 12th he got off the bus at 3:15 PM in a down mood, my mom stopped by my house. I tried to cheer him up unsuccessfully. They left and went on home. While Michael was helping my mom carry in wood pellets for the pellet stove Michael ran behind the house and hasn't been positively Identified since. By 4:45 PM my mom called me for help and I was heading over to look for him. We looked until 6 the next morning. By 5:30 PM the police were looking too. That night it rained and as the temperature dropped the rain turned to snow. I can't begin to explain the way the panic we felt made time go by so quickly.
he has a hard time accepting love from friends and family.

Around 4:30 p.m. on January 10, 2018, 15-year-old Michael Dillard and his mother pulled up to their home in Calvin, West Virginia. After helping his mother carry some things from the car to the house, Michael ran behind the house without saying where he was going. Within 30 minutes, Michael’s parents called police to report their son missing. In the weeks that followed, numerous dive teams, search crews, bloodhounds and helicopters were dispatched to search for Michael, according to police. Michael’s jacket was found near his house about a week and a half after he disappeared. But Michael has never been found. Police say they have no reason to suspect foul play in his case. A private investigator is offering a $3,000 reward for information leading to Michael’s safe return.

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Did anyone have any theories at all about this case? I listened to the episode on the "Vanished" and it did seem like maybe he got upset and ran away... but that doesn't explain why they never found him. Hoping they get answers soon.

Did anyone have any theories at all about this case? I listened to the episode on the "Vanished" and it did seem like maybe he got upset and ran away... but that doesn't explain why they never found him. Hoping they get answers soon.

I really don’t know. I often wonder if he fell into an old well or some type of rare accident like that. It’s completely got me stumped. jmo

michael_dillard_7128ee44630aeb3a5986d96bd0540578.fit-760w.png

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

Now in Charley Project: Michael Allen Dillard – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Michael was last seen helping his mother carry in wood at their home in the area of Little Beaver and Tioga Road in Calvin, West Virginia at 4:30 p.m. on January 12, 2018. He ran behind the house and has never been heard from again. He was carrying only $2 and he left his cellular phone behind.

Michael's sister stated that on January 10, two days before his disappearance, her brother said he was having "the best day of his life." He was still in a good mood on January 11, but by the time he came home from school on January 12, he seemed depressed. He and his mother went to his sister's home a few miles away, but he would barely speak to her.

When he and his mother returned to the house, as he was helping her carry things inside, he suddenly ran away without saying a word and never returned. Within a few minutes, his mother called his father to home, and by 5:00 they had called 911 to report him missing.

The overnight temperatures in the area dropped to 22 degrees below zero and it was raining and foggy. Michael's family looked for him all night, but never found him, and subsequent police searches using helicopters, dive teams, bloodhounds and search crews turned almost nothing. The only thing ever located was Michael's jacket, which was found about a 300 yards from his house about a week and a half after he disappeared.

Some agencies classify Michael as a runaway and state he may be in North Carolina or still in the local area, but the circumstances of his disappearance are unclear. His case remains unsolved.

Around 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 12, 2018, 15-year-old Michael Dillard and his mother pulled up to their home in Calvin, West Virginia. After helping his mother carry some things from the car to the house, Michael ran behind the house without saying where he was going. Within 30 minutes, Michael’s parents called the police to report their son missing. In the weeks that followed, numerous dive teams, search crews, bloodhounds and helicopters were dispatched to search for Michael, according to police. Michael’s jacket was found near his house, about a week and a half after he disappeared. But Michael has never been found. Police say they have no reason to suspect foul play in his case. If you have any information on Michael’s whereabouts, please call the West Virginia State Police at (304) 872-0800.
Seven years of Dateline's Missing in America: 156 still missing

Reactions: Dre
DEC 5, 2022
Michael Dillard

Around 4:30 p.m. on Friday, January 12, 2018, 15-year-old Michael Dillard and his mother pulled up to their home in Calvin, West Virginia. According to his older sister, Brittany, after helping his mother carry some things from the car to the house, Michael ran behind the house without saying where he was going. Within 30 minutes, Michael’s parents called the police to report their son missing. In the weeks that followed, numerous dive teams, search crews, bloodhounds and helicopters were dispatched to search for Michael, according to police. Michael’s jacket was found near his house about a week and a half after he disappeared. Michael was never found. There is a $3,000 reward for information leading to his whereabouts, according to the Facebook page ‘Help Find Missing – Michael Dillard.’ Police say they have no reason to suspect foul play in his case. Michael is described as being 5’5”, and weighing 133 lbs. at the time of his disappearance, with brown hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen wearing a maroon t-shirt, blue jeans, and red shoes. He was also wearing a 3” silver cross on a silver chain. Michael would be 19 years old today. If you have any information on Michael’s whereabouts, please call the West Virginia State Police at (304) 872-0800.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back