WV - Mom claims kidnapping of child in Huntington Mall, then claims hoax, man released, 1 Apr 2019

Mert

Reaction score
A man from Egypt was taken into custody after he was accused of attempting to abduct a 5-year-old girl at the Huntington Mall, and police said the child's mother pulled a gun and told him to let her go.

An interpreter was present for Zayan’s arraignment as he spoke Arabic and did not speak English. Police said Zayan is an engineer who was in the area for work and has been living in a local motel.

Man arrested after police said he tried to abduct a child inside Huntington Mall

I have been to this mall many times, also. It is fairly small and not always crowded. It is scary to think of how easily he could have gotten away, had she not been armed. What are the chances a mom is armed at the mall, but THANK goodness that she was! Very harrowing ordeal for them both.

Wow, that's bold. Glad the mom had a gun.

Me too. These kind of predators are really cowards. That's why they prey on defenseless, helpless children.

Most legally armed citizens who stops violent crimes from happening, rarely ever, have to fire their weapon.

The mere showing or pointing of the firearm is more than enough the vast majority of the time, because criminals dont give a crap about hurting innocent victims, but they DO care greatly about themselves being hurt or worse.

Thank God this mom had her firearm with her....making her be able to save her child.

Jmo

Last edited:
I have been to this mall many times, also. It is fairly small and not always crowded. It is scary to think of how easily he could have gotten away, had she not been armed. What are the chances a mom is armed at the mall, but THANK goodness that she was! Very harrowing ordeal for them both.

Or she was just looking for excuse to go after some minority with her gun.

Surely there would be cameras ALL over that place. Wonder what they show?

Police: Charge in alleged attempted abduction in question after inconsistencies discovered

I am not sure there was a gun at all.
I wonder if the mother came in to recant the details because it was weighing on her that she may have overreacted or she recanted when the story started to crumble under the lack of evidence.

Mom may need to be drug tested, j/s.

Huntington, WV officials describe their city as being the epicenter of the heroin epidemic. This is the infamous city where 28 people overdosed on heroin laced with fentanyl in the span of six hours.

Last edited:
This woman should serve an equal amount or more of time that people feel Jussie should get.

A real man was jailed and humiliated.

Where are all of the people that are outraged by hoxes!

I am “outraged” (strong word, not what I would choose) by hoaxes. This is no different. This lady needs to be arrested and face the consequences. I feel terrible for zayan, the victim in all of this. I also hope he sues her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back