GUILTY WV - Sheila 'Kathy' Goble, 62, Charleston, 24 April 2010

:cat:
Do we have any LE on this case? Where is her family, what are they doing? It is like oh well mom is gone, Yawn. I don't believe she left the friends house? I think her car was parked there to throw LE off. Doesn't this town have any camera's. Have they been checked? Don't we have a Sleuthers in this town or near by? Someone needs to contact the news media. Have they given the friend a poly. Have they used dogs? I would hate to disappear in this town, no one seems to care. I have not even heard or searches. I am in California, so there is not much I can do. Also I am a newbee, Not good a sleuthing yet, good a asking questions LOL. I am having company for a few days but when they leave I am going to call around her town and find out what is going on. Has any family been on here?

She left her wallet and cell phone behind and parked a car that was running fine on the side of the road. It does not add up.

I agree. All of this doesn't add up. You just don't leave your personal belongs somewhere and your vehicle somewhere else.

The place where she was last seen on Kenna and where her car was found on I-64 is a distance of 12 miles.

So looking at the big picture here, just how extensive was the search?

Did they search beyond the roadways?

In the area where she was last seen and where her car was found, are there any abandonded buildings or factories in the area?

Any other areas of water (creeks, ditches, lakes, ponds, and streams) besides the Kanawha River?

Any railroad tracks in the area?

The area where her car was found, are there any roadways running parallel to the interstate?

Are there any homes or business that can be seen from the interstate between the exits where her car was found?

The fact that she was been missing and hasn't been heard from in over a month doesn't bode well at all.

I'm not really sure. Within the next week I am hoping to get over that way to check it out. I kinda wish they would show the spot on the news so everyone on here could see it but so far all I have seen on the news is Kelly's Mens Shop. Where this is a mountain st the possibility of someone being able to go through the woods is highly likely the interstate is between 2 mountains and in many places there are hills with dirt road ways around them. We also have alot of trails in this state for dirt bikes and 4 wheelers and other atvs so that is why I would love to go and see what is around mm42.

If she had of had her belongings with her I might have thought that maybe she was pulled over by a fake cop or something but,where her stuff wasn't with her I kinda don't think so.

Candi123, did you get a chance to go and check it out?

Kanawha County Sheriff's Lt. Sean Crosier says investigators have little information on the disappearance of 62-year-old Shelia "Kathy" Goble.

She had left work on Charleston's west side on April 24 and Crosier says Goble last was seen leaving a South Charleston home that night. Her 2004 Honda Pilot was abandoned at the 42-mile marker on I-64, two miles from the Crooked Creek exit.

http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/94832519.html

I agree. All of this doesn't add up. You just don't leave your personal belongs somewhere and your vehicle somewhere else.

The place where she was last seen on Kenna and where her car was found on I-64 is a distance of 12 miles.

So looking at the big picture here, just how extensive was the search?

Did they search beyond the roadways?

In the area where she was last seen and where her car was found, are there any abandonded buildings or factories in the area?

Any other areas of water (creeks, ditches, lakes, ponds, and streams) besides the Kanawha River?

Any railroad tracks in the area?

The area where her car was found, are there any roadways running parallel to the interstate?

Are there any homes or business that can be seen from the interstate between the exits where her car was found?

The fact that she was been missing and hasn't been heard from in over a month doesn't bode well at all.

You have to understand that while Charleston is a medium sized city, you can drive just a few minutes outside of town and be in the mountains. You can go from 4 lane interstate to driving up a 2 lane mountain road in no time.

Railroad tracks? Yes.

Roadways running parallel? Yes. Routes 60 and 61 run on either side of the Kanawha River

Abandoned buildings, etc? I'm sure there are many.

Waterways? Lots of creeks, small streams, sure--depending on where you are.

There are definitely homes and businesses you can see along the interstate. I'm not sure if they're exactly in the spot where the car was found. I'm going to try to take a drive down that way soon to check it out for sure. I know when it was shown on TV, it looked like there was nothing there, but I don't know how far the closest house/business was from there.

Sad to say, but it is very easy to put someone in a place where they can never be found in the mountains around here. Melanie Matheny was mentioned in one of the articles about Kathy. She's never been found either. :(

Just wanted to add that there aren't any rest stops between Charleston and Huntington on 64 unless they're new.

Post #75 is the info on the rest areas. Are they correct?

It looks to be. No rest areas on either side between Charleston and the area where her car was found.

I will mention that there's a race track not far from where her car was found.

http://www.tristateracetrack.com/

I really think whatever happened to her happened at the house in So. Charleston(kenna dr.) I think the car was left there to throw off LE and since last I heard they hadn't even taken dogs to search the area of the house, I guess it worked. :(

Will try to make that drive soon.

I think something happened at the house too.

I think something happened at the house too.

I'd like to know what she bought at Walmart. I've also been trying to figure out if the house was her boyfriend's house or one of his children's. All we hear is "friend." It's unclear to me. I know that her phone had to ring at that house before it was found by police, so why wasn't the friend alarmed that her phone and purse was there, but she wasn't? I'm just lost on this one.

I also just wanted to say that people do care and there are fliers all over town for her. Anyone who has visited our area knows how wonderfully kind and caring the people are around here. There hasn't been a request from LE for help in searching, but there have been well attended vigils for Kathy.

Candi123, did you get a chance to go and check it out?

Ruby, No I haven't got down that way yet. This case blows my mind because there is hardly any info on it. But, I was told by someone that is by that area alot that there is no reason for her car to be left there. If it was not broke down she could have traveled a couple more miles and been near some carry outs and things so, that leads me to believe she did not park her car there. IMO it was put there by someone else.

Thanks for your work on this case Ruby. Kathy needs to come home for her family and friends. We really don't hear that much about her case on the news anymore its very quiet now.

Ruby, No I haven't got down that way yet. This case blows my mind because there is hardly any info on it. But, I was told by someone that is by that area alot that there is no reason for her car to be left there. If it was not broke down she could have traveled a couple more miles and been near some carry outs and things so, that leads me to believe she did not park her car there. IMO it was put there by someone else.

Thanks for your work on this case Ruby. Kathy needs to come home for her family and friends. We really don't hear that much about her case on the news anymore its very quiet now.

I know when I google her name hardly anything comes up. She is falling off the radar.

I'd like to know what she bought at Walmart. I've also been trying to figure out if the house was her boyfriend's house or one of his children's. All we hear is "friend." It's unclear to me. I know that her phone had to ring at that house before it was found by police, so why wasn't the friend alarmed that her phone and purse was there, but she wasn't? I'm just lost on this one.

I also just wanted to say that people do care and there are fliers all over town for her. Anyone who has visited our area knows how wonderfully kind and caring the people are around here. There hasn't been a request from LE for help in searching, but there have been well attended vigils for Kathy.
I'd also like to know what she purchased at Walmart that evening that could be telling. Like, did she plan to cook at her friends house or what her plan was for the evening. Has her plans for evening ever been mentioned?

I can understand her running out real quick to pick something up at a carryout(that she had forgot to get at Walmart) if she was cooking and forgot an item but, not running out and leaving her phone and purse if she knew she was gonna be gone for any extended amount of time.

I know when I google her name hardly anything comes up. She is falling off the radar.

I know Ruby it is so sad. I feel so bad for her family and friends. She needs more attention. I wish some of the nation news would cover her story and get the word out.

Here is a bump to the top for Kathy.

This article has nothing to do with her but there was an attempted kidnapping in Charleston last night.

http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/98235354.html

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A man is behind bars after allegedly trying to grab a 2-year-old girl from her mother.

Charleston Police responded to an attempted kidnapping at the Exxon One Stop on Washington Street East Sunday night.

Police say the complainant told them that Samual Spain, 30, followed her and her daughter while they were walking from Wendy's to the One Stop. She told police Spain followed them around the store, and then tried to grab the child.

Police caught up with Spain a short time later. He resisted arrest and struck an officer. They had to pin him to the ground to hand cuff him.

Spain told police that he just wanted to take the little girl home because she was so beautiful. He said that he could raise her with his wife.

Spain is charged with attempted kidnapping, battery on an officer and obstructing an officer.

I know Ruby it is so sad. I feel so bad for her family and friends. She needs more attention. I wish some of the nation news would cover her story and get the word out.

Still nothing in the news. Has anyone heard anything at all?

Still nothing in the news. Has anyone heard anything at all?

Ruby, No new info that I have heard. I think its strange that no info has come out about why she left the friends house.

I think the last place she was at is the connection to her supposedly vanishing without a trace.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunnySomber
Back