Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

Can dogs track a scent up to 30 days old though?

Well first of all keep in mind this area should be “untraveled”.

Let’s ask google. I say yes. Moo.

Of course there are different types of dogs as we know.

—-

ETA:
I’m trying not to blow up the thread so consolidating my posts.

Is there a working timeline here?

Last edited:
Phot0 1 I've included is the map that Sweetwater Now posted in their article on July 17th
Photo 2 is a screen shot of a map from KUTV News that I added points to in order to compare to the search and rescue map I put it over and drew lines to their intersects.
Photo 3 is MY OPINION of where the truck was found based on the personal comparison of these two maps. If it was an untraveled road it looks like it was SO close to where they initially searched. I don't know what the terrain looks like, since I've never been there, but the close ups of Google Maps shows very few dirt roads and a lot of open space and a lot of trees.

Anyway. It was bugging me what the comparison would be between the two maps so I thought I'd share what I found.

Photo 1(Press-Release-map-231019)- Official Search and Rescue Mission for Aubree Corona Suspended

Photo 2(Capture2) Car found of the missing Wyoming woman, last seen in July
Thank you for those maps. It looks like they searched around the path that Aubree took, but it appears they didn't search that particular area. I've just been so worried about Aubree, and the thought of her stranded and lost has just been haunting me.

Here is the link to the update from the Sublette County Sheriff's Office FB page:

Sublette County Sheriff's Office

"11 hours ago
(Pinedale, Wyo –August 18th, 2019) The vehicle reported to be driven by missing person Aubree Corona located in Fremont County.

Today, August 18th 2019 investigators from Sublette and Fremont County have responded to the Leeds Creek area in Fremont County. The vehicle Aubree Corona was reported to be driving when she went missing was located on a non-traveled road in that area.

At the time of this release, we have no indication of Aubree’s location. However, detectives are now actively working the scene for clues and we will release more information as it becomes available.

Miss Corona is still listed as a missing person. This new discovery is a step towards finding Aubree, however until she is found we are urging the public to come forward if you have any information regarding her whereabouts. Please contact the Sublette County Sheriff’s Office 307-367-4378

###

Sergeant Travis Bingham
Public Information Officer
Sublette County Sheriff's Office
35 1/2 S. Tyler Ave, PO Box 701
Pinedale, WY 82941
tbingham@subso.com
Office 307.367.5236
Cell 307-360-7737"

This update was linked from the body of a news article that was posted earlier, but I wanted to post it in its entirety. There are already 58 comments, with some from relatives.

So glad the truck has been located. My theory totally wrong and I’m glad about that.

Now to get my thinking cap on and come up with another theory.

Anyone else got anything?

I can think of at least 3 possible theories right now (in no particular order):

1. She got really, really lost, and either ran out of gas or stuck in some mud and tried to walk out of the area.

2. She was frustrated with how her life was going and decided to walk away for a bit. Someone else helped her find the most remote location possible to hide the truck in order to buy her time and then that person took her to her desired destination out of the area.

3. Someone harmed her, hid her body in one location and moved the truck to this location to make it look like she got lost/stuck there and tried to walk out.

MOO.

My husband always rolls his eyes at me, but if we are going out of town I always take a gallon of water with us and put it in the trunk, 2 if we have the kids with us. I was reading him some of the articles last night and I said, she probably left the truck to go find water. It was said that she got an energy drink at the gas station, but no mention of water.. He said, so that's why you always take water with us... yep. My biggest fear is getting lost and you can survive longer if you have water and can stay with your vehicle.

No shame for Aubree here, just advice to everyone- take a gallon of water with you if you're going on vacation and driving. You never know what might happen, and having a gallon of water in your vehicle may save your life.

From the article:
"The search continues for what may have become of Corona. The Leeds Creek area where the truck was found is not a frequented site by backcountry users. It was not part of the initial search grid, mostly because where the truck was found is off roads where motorized vehicle use is not permitted."
Does anyone know if there are clear signs posted that motorized vehicles are not permitted on that road?

I can think of at least 3 possible theories right now (in no particular order):

1. She got really, really lost, and either ran out of gas or stuck in some mud and tried to walk out of the area.

2. She was frustrated with how her life was going and decided to walk away for a bit. Someone else helped her find the most remote location possible to hide the truck in order to buy her time and then that person took her to her desired destination out of the area.

3. Someone harmed her, hid her body in one location and moved the truck to this location to make it look like she got lost/stuck there and tried to walk out.

MOO.
And one more:
4) She was abducted and is being held captive after truck was hidden. I know this is unlikely because chances of a would-be abductor just hanging out waiting for her to come back through are slim (you told me that before - haha). But... I keep thinking back to Todd Kohlhepp and how he held his victim captive in a shipping container on his remote property. That was a complete surprise out of the blue. There aren't a lot of similarities between this case and that, really, but my mind is going there anyway. I hate to even bring it up because I hate to cause the friends and family any anguish or doubt, but IMO if this happened, there is still time for a good outcome. This is why they really need to get search dogs out there if possible to see if they can pick up a trail leading away from the truck.

Why would she go down a dirt 2-track? She wouldn't. No one in a truck or SUV would, when trying to find a way back to a paved road.

ETA: thought... unless she was running close to empty and saw the route on a forest roads map and thought it might be a shortcut. There's that.

Also- who found the truck? Hikers?

Phot0 1 I've included is the map that Sweetwater Now posted in their article on July 17th
Photo 2 is a screen shot of a map from KUTV News that I added points to in order to compare to the search and rescue map I put it over and drew lines to their intersects.
Photo 3 is MY OPINION of where the truck was found based on the personal comparison of these two maps. If it was an untraveled road it looks like it was SO close to where they initially searched. I don't know what the terrain looks like, since I've never been there, but the close ups of Google Maps shows very few dirt roads and a lot of open space and a lot of trees.

Anyway. It was bugging me what the comparison would be between the two maps so I thought I'd share what I found.

Photo 1(Press-Release-map-231019)- Official Search and Rescue Mission for Aubree Corona Suspended

Photo 2(Capture2) Car found of the missing Wyoming woman, last seen in July

I would like to see a complete map of the grid searches which includes the grid searches from SCSO and Fremont County.
What troubled me most was suspending the search after two days.

I suspect this particular LE agency will come under some heavy scrutiny.

Just catching up here, I'm so glad to hear they found the truck, but very disheartened and worried to find out she was not there. My previous theory of her having an accident goes out the window, but I still don't suspect foul play. It would be good to verify whether or not the truck had gas in it or not; I suspect maybe she did run out of gas and decided to backtrack to a convenience store? If so, her out on foot in that terrain is so very worrisome. Praying for her safety.

I would like to see a complete map of the grid searches which includes the grid searches from SCSO and Fremont County.
What troubled me most was suspending the search after two days.

I suspect this particular LE agency will come under some heavy scrutiny.

I think it's odd that the only map they showed of the search and rescue efforts on the news is a grainy image of some lines on a map. It was quite difficult to decipher that map and compare it to the map on google maps showing the approximate location the truck was found. It's 2019, why couldn't they post a higher quality image?

I would love to see a grid by grid map in sections in high quality. I would also love to see an approximation of where the family and friends searched. In the back of my head I wonder if the truck wasn't there during the search, but now is.. Maybe that's just me being hopeful that she's still alive.

Where are you Aubree?
Your nephew has been praying every day for you and your babies. (and me too!!)

I think it's odd that the only map they showed of the search and rescue efforts on the news is a grainy image of some lines on a map. It was quite difficult to decipher that map and compare it to the map on google maps showing the approximate location the truck was found. It's 2019, why couldn't they post a higher quality image?

I would love to see a grid by grid map in sections in high quality. I would also love to see an approximation of where the family and friends searched. In the back of my head I wonder if the truck wasn't there during the search, but now is.. Maybe that's just me being hopeful that she's still alive.

Where are you Aubree?
Your nephew has been praying every day for you and your babies. (and me too!!)

I believe we are seeing a trend whereby LE is consciously not releasing information unless they require assistance from the public.
LE is becoming weary of the not so pleasant social media aspects.

Having stated that, this is a case where I believe public assistance would be helpful. I do note they did release a number of updates.
Perhaps they were doing searches behind the scenes? If so you would think the family would of noted this during their time on the ground.

It is indeed possible this area was searched and the truck/bike were not located at that time. This is one reason I would like to see those particular grid searches which were not released.

The suspension of the search after 2 days concerns me.

ETA: The suspension of the elderly 80+ lady in Canada is one example.
She was found after the official search had been suspended after 4 days. They never found her shoes, she had not walked in the last 24 hours, yet was out of the search perimeter. She is very lucky to be alive today.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back