Missing pregnant Shanann Watts and her two daughter's bodies found, husband arrested
Join the latest discussion

WY WY - Donald Kemp, 35, Cheyenne, 16 November 1982

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Tricia, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

2. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

Is this story real, or is it fiction? I am leaning toward fiction. At the bottom it says for more stories like this go to www.sitcomsonline.com

3. AfterDarkAndrew

AfterDarkAndrew Former Member

It is a case off of "Unsolved Mysteries", Sitcoms Online has a message board that still researches cold cases from that show. The crazier aspects of this story come from his sister's online postings there and elsewhere. The original broadcast did not touch on the paranormal, just the missing person.

4. wfgodot

wfgodot Former Member

I think the so-called "crazier aspects" of this story, while definitely garnering attention, in the end sadly skewer honest attempts to find out what happened. Even a conspiracy buff like me has to chuckle at the notion that his research on Lincoln somehow is to blame. And this is not even to touch upon the paranormal "possibilities." The truth is almost always mundane. Shave with Occam's Razor whenever possible -- and that is to say, always.

5. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I find his interest in Lincoln - well of interest, lol. Maybe because my childhood and my town's economy are so dependant upon Lincoln related items, points of interest, etc.

I think it much more likely that the unusual homesteader who moved on shortly after being questioned about the phone call is the best lead to follow on this one though.

I may have to try to do some poking on this one.

If there was a strong physical resemblance between Don and MD, it would stand to reason that perhaps MD was seen by those reporting having seen someone who may have bee Don in Wyoming. They could have seen either man if they looked so similar and mistaken MD for the missing person, Don. But that does not explain the phone call from MD's trailer to the Don friend.

6. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

Could it be that He wanted to disappear and the guy in the trailer was him?

7. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

Or the guy in the trailer planned to "become" him or pass himself off as such but the plan was ditched for whatever reason.

8. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

Roughly putting some of the pieces together, it could have went like this. He abandoned the car, took a duffel bag with different clothes, ( bag was found) changed his clothes (socks found in a placed that was suitable for changing without being seen) broke down and called his friend. When he regained his senses denied the call. How long was this guy renting the trailer? What was in Wyoming? What arrangement were made in Wyoming for him to live? What was his financial situation, took all of his money in cash and left? Bank accounts and credit cards? What was his last purchase and location? There is a lot of information missing but a lot of "fluff"

9. shadowangel

shadowangel Black cats consider me unlucky.

10. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

So Mark Dennis could be Donald Kemp for all we know.

11. AfterDarkAndrew

The police questioning him and his documented high school pictures eliminate that theory.

12. justthinkin

justthinkin New Member

I'm curious how Kemp's body was identified as Kemp? Was a dna test done?

As far as police questioning MD, Le has at times questioned a POI, then released that person only to discover their error later.
    Even the newspaper article said the LE investigation was inconclusive. What the heck is a documented high school photo? Somebody said it was him, and a notary placed his seal on it?

There's certainly more than meets the eye on this story, but it also has something of a rotten fish smell to it.

13. Alchemist

Alchemist Member

I don't put any weight on the police and the high school pic. The police may have been just going through the motions so they could go home.

14. AfterDarkAndrew

Kemp's sister replied to my article elsewhere:

15. snowleopard

snowleopard Active Member

Bump for Don:

[video=youtube;84AZQcMbAbQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84AZQcMbAbQ[/video]