Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that adding Bertolino to the lawsuit will backfire on the plaintiff's if they win a judgment. It will be overturned on appeal because of the attorney client relationship the defendants have. JMO.

I think that adding Bertolino to the lawsuit will backfire on the plaintiff's if they win a judgment. It will be overturned on appeal because of the attorney client relationship the defendants have. JMO.
or he could be disbarred for malpractice? Is that a possibility here?

JUDGE RULES BRIAN LAUNDRIE’S FAMILY LAWYER CAN BE NAMED IN CIVIL LAWSUIT
January 25, 2023
[...]
Jeffrey Swartz, a WMU-Cooley law professor and WFTS-TV legal analyst, said it is unusual for an attorney to be listed on a civil lawsuit.
“What they’re trying to do is sue a lawyer, extensively going beyond the bounds of his representation of the people he was making public statements for, and that is a pretty difficult thing to do. They’re going to have to establish he knew what he said was a lie,” said Swartz.
[...]

This is JMOO, but I think the extraordinary publicity this case generated put an undue burden on the Petitos--leaving them feeling as though they were expected to maintain a modicum of publicity. So, they're doing the only things they can think of--filing suits.

But, in the long run, I think all this publicity has hurt them, because it didn't allow them to privately grieve as most parents get to do.

If there was something they could achieve--on a grand scale--such as having a law passed in Gabby's name that would protect other young women--I would support that.
GRT, RSABBM.
While Billy's Law is not memorialized in Gabby's name, it is quite a grand scale. President Biden signed it into law in December of 2022.

"The Petito family spent months advocating for Billy's Law. It will require the FBI to upload data from their National Crime Information Center to the National Missing and Unidentified Persons system (NamUS), a national information clearinghouse and resource center for law enforcement, medical examiners, coroners, allied forensic professionals, and family members of missing persons. . . ."

Last edited:
Poor Gabby. I am assuming this was taken around the time of the traffic stop. I can see why her parents are so upset with the Moab police. My gosh.
Same outfit.

Of note, we've really only seen the other side of her face.

Now we see the damage.

Everyone, please take a moment. Recall Gabby, crying. And what was BL doing? He was laughing.

Cruel.

JMO

Some sources are reporting this photo was taken only minutes before the domestic disturbance call:

Gabby Petito update: Newly released high-res photo shows injuries from Utah domestic call

The photo was taken by Petito herself and recovered from her phone, shortly before the stop, according to the law firm.
Yes, and it looks like the same jewelry, although it's a bit hard to tell in this pic. I got the best pic I could find. Better pics didn't come with a URL to link to source (found in search but the pic wasn't in the article when I clicked on it so I passed).

1675792130494.png

This is beyond sad. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members