Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #88

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the Laundrie's knew shows in their depositions. They knew their son may have killed a woman and this could be why they completely cut off the woman's mom and dad.

If a person's son kills or may have killed someone's daughter it would be best not to talk to the daughter's family and best not to put out statements in the media.

I believe the killer's attorney did not want the killer and his parents to talk to the Petitos specifically because the attorney knew Brian may have murdered their daughter.
We're getting close to agreeing.

I think that saying at some point they could have thought it was possible BL had killed Gabby would be a more reasonable guess. JMO.

We're getting close to agreeing.

I think that saying at some point they could have thought it was possible BL had killed Gabby would be a more reasonable guess. JMO.

Yes.

And because of this it was best for them personally and for Brian personally to stay silent. Anything said could incriminate them and be used against them which is exactly what happened when they put out that statement to the media.

Yes.

And because of this it was best for them personally and for Brian personally to stay silent. Anything said could incriminate them and be used against them which is exactly what happened when they put out that statement to the media.
What part of the statement do you feel was incriminating?

Whatever they had to do to end the lawsuit. They were forced to take legal accountability.
Even if it was just an apology, accountability is accountability.

2 Cents
Yes, it sounds as though it was a compromise. They said it took all day to reach an agreement.

My guess is that the L's apologized and that each party will pay their own legal fees. Since they used the term "reluctantly," I think that might have been Joe not wanting to come to an agreement but Nicole insisting on it. But, that's just a wild guess and MOO. <modsnip: not victim friendly>

But, while this forum seems evenly split on whether Laundries are also victims, one thing we all agree on is that Brian is the sole murderer.

I just wish them all well at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that the L's apologized and that each party will pay their own legal fees.

But, while this forum seems evenly split on whether Laundries are also victims, one thing we all agree on is that Brian is the sole murderer.
Did Gabby's family want or expect an apology? Maybe I missed one of their statements. Does someone have that quote?

They wanted information about their daughter's murder and accountability for those who didn't tell the whole truth about it.

Did Gabby's family want or expect an apology? Maybe I missed one of their statements. Does someone have that quote?

They wanted information about their daughter's murder and accountability for those who didn't tell the whole truth about it.

<modsnip>
Don't know if this is true but I found this from an unnamed source.
"Gabby's family felt that the Laundries' proposal was generally just a financial offer, which they aren't really interested in," the source said.

"What Gabby's family wants is some sort of public acknowledgment and apology, which the Laundries aren't offering at this time."

It was the statement that caused the law suit to move forward. The whole thing would have been dropped if that statement hadn't been put out.
Here's the statement.

“This is understandably an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family. It is our understanding that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is reunited with her family. On the advice of counsel, the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment.”

Not sure what part of it's incriminating. The judge didn't rule the statement was incriminating only that the Laundries didn't remain silent by releasing it.

“Had the Laundries truly stayed silent, the court would have granted the motion to dismiss in the Laundries’ favor. But they did not stay silent.”

Here's the statement.

“This is understandably an extremely difficult time for both the Petito family and the Laundrie family. It is our understanding that a search has been organized for Miss Petito in or near Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. On behalf of the Laundrie family, it is our hope that the search for Miss Petito is successful and that Miss Petito is reunited with her family. On the advice of counsel, the Laundrie family is remaining in the background at this juncture and will have no further comment.”

Not sure what part of it's incriminating. The judge didn't rule the statement was incriminating only that the Laundries didn't remain silent by releasing it.

“Had the Laundries truly stayed silent, the court would have granted the motion to dismiss in the Laundries’ favor. But they did not stay silent.”

I said I believe the Laundrie's stayed silent so as not to incriminate themselves in case Brian had committed murder.

Anything the parent's or Brian would have said could have been used against them for a murder investigation against Brian, or if the parents themselves were arrested or investigated.

This is why I believe their attorney told them to remain silent.

The statement they put out was used against them. Since incriminating seems to be a confusing word look at it as the statement was used against them.

2 Cents

I said I believe the Laundrie's stayed silent so as not to incriminate themselves in case Brian had committed murder.

Anything the parent's or Brian would have said could have been used against them for a murder investigation against Brian, or if the parents themselves were arrested or investigated.

This is why I believe their attorney told them to remain silent.

The statement they put out was used against them. Since incriminating seems to be a confusing word look at it as the statement was used against them.

2 Cents
I think it's safe to say that the statement wasn't incriminating. The fact that it was released is what caused the lawsuit to continue. JMO.

I think it's safe to say that the statement wasn't incriminating. The fact that it was released is what caused the lawsuit to continue. JMO.
Technically incriminating or not the statement was definitely used against them by the Petitos and their attorneys.

This very clearly shows their public statement was used against them:

The Petitos’ amended lawsuit sharply criticized the 14 September 2021 statement that Bertolino released to the public.

“For the Laundries and Steven Bertolino to express their ‘hope’ that Gabrielle Petito was located and reunited with her family, at a time when they knew she had been murdered by Brian Laundrie was beyond outrageous,” the lawsuit said.

Technically incriminating or not the statement was definitely used against them by the Petitos and their attorneys.

This very clearly shows their public statement was used against them:

The Petitos’ amended lawsuit sharply criticized the 14 September 2021 statement that Bertolino released to the public.

“For the Laundries and Steven Bertolino to express their ‘hope’ that Gabrielle Petito was located and reunited with her family, at a time when they knew she had been murdered by Brian Laundrie was beyond outrageous,” the lawsuit said.

Yes, I agree.

Reactions: nao
Very safe to say it wasn't incriminating. I do think the fact that the depositions were released is the reason this case is now resolved. Time to move on to the Moab case.

JMO

MOD NOTE:

As the recent civil case has come to a conclusion, this discussion is going absolutely nowhere. Everybody has their heels dug in with their opinions about the same issues being stated over and over again, and that's simply non-productive.

There is a MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINE *NO DISCUSSION* thread for members to contribute MSM and other approved articles to. Any discussion that starts up in that thread will be removed and members banned from the *NO DISCUSSION* thread.

This thread is closed until/unless there is a major development reported in MSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member