Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has to be a suspect then. No way can they access his phone without that. They must have way more than we know.
Let's hope they do!

On totally another angle -- a couple (or ten !!!) threads ago, a poster familiar with hiking those area said that the areas where the couple had been hiking, etc., were not deserted or off the beaten path, i.e., they were popular and well-used. Apparently lots of hikers are in and out of many of those areas. So... IMO if Gabby were still alive and able, she could have asked or screamed or moaned such that some other folks would hear her. Certainly as soon as the hikers were able, seems to me they would have notified one of the LE sources, Park Ranger, medical rescue, whatever. If Gabby was okay, she probably would have asked to use someone's cell phone or asked someone to send a message home when the hikers were in cell range.
We don't know whether this has happened or not, but seems to me we would hear of it. If any of what I have just posted is possible, then it looks very dire for Gabby still being alive.
Just my thoughts. <sigh>

He went into a flooded wildlife area. He’s in danger. Voluntarily missing or not. That gives them the ability to get records. No different than an avalanche victim. They would track their phone to find them.
They may only be able to get location data (not messages, etc.)

I’m sorry- this just isn’t true. We don’t know for certain WHERE he is. Just where his parents thought he is.

The one exception might be if his parents have both of their phones on their plan and consented for the company to share location data with police.

Otherwise I have trouble believing any cell phone company would release location data without a court order OR a credible threat of harm.

Scammers capitalize off Gabby Petito's disappearance

NORTH PORT, Fla. – As people across the country hope for Gabby Petito’s safe return, scammers could be capitalizing on her disappearance.

NBC2 has found at least four ******** pages asking for money to help bring Gabby home. One poster claims to be connected to the family and that one has more than $45,000 donated.

Other posts on ******** don’t even spell Gabby’s name correctly.
This kind of thing completely infuriates me to no end

This is a question I don't think I have seen brought up.

Could the text the mom got have been a WEBTEXT which would appear to come from GP'S phone but may not have been sent from that device?

I used to send webtexts all the time for convenience if I was out of credit from my laptop but would appear as it were from my phone to the recipient???? Anyone?

my son is on the k9 team, he will tell you out of all the searches he has been on at no time has he been called in because the parents of a 23 year old man hadnt seen him for 3 days but when he left he told them he was going hiking. what happened to, he is a adult and can go hiking if he wants to? this is why there is something more going on that we are not privvy too, no way they would be searching like this for a grown adult that is just away on hike....

What's your/your son's gut feel on this?

SEP 18, 2021
Gabby Petito case: Rangers searching Grant Teton, Yellowstone for woman (nypost.com)
A team of elite National Park Service rangers are searching Saturday for missing Long Island native Gabby Petito in Grand Teton in Wyoming and another squad may be combing a remote part of nearby Yellowstone, a report said.

The searches in Wyoming are underway at the same time police and FBI officers in Florida are searching a wildlife preserve for Petito’s boyfriend, Brian Laundrie, whose parents say they last saw him Tuesday.

[...]

“There is a group of park rangers that is searching for Gabby Petito in the backcountry of the park,” a Grand Teton Park Ranger told DailyMail.com. “This is the park’s elite search and rescue unit.

[...]

The 310,000 acre Grand Teton park has more than 485 square miles of backcountry, most of which is requires hiking in. “Members of search unit at the park can be air lifted to various remote areas for a search,” the ranger said. “They don’t tell us specifics they sort of do what they do.”

Petito’s stepfather, Jim Schmidt, who is in Wyoming trying to aid the search for her, told DailyMail.com, they are confident she made it to the area, but aren’t sure where she may have been camping.

[...]

The ranger also said he believes “there may also be a search going on in a remote area of Yellowstone National Park.”

It’s not clear where in Yellowstone the rangers might be searching. One 50-square mile section of the park edges over the border into Idaho, which some have called the “zone of death” because of a theory that a murder there.

We've been speculating about possible mental health issues but his parents may have confirmation of the same and provided information to LE. If you add up all the pieces I think LE would consider him endangered.
my thought is that the parents came clean on what they knew, and hat has prompted this type of search, they have decided they would rather have a son in jail then dead!

I am trying to go back and see if I can find proof that he flew back to Florida. Is there a link to the video interview with BL's sister? I find lots of clips but I actually want to hear the part where she says:

Question: Did you know that the van was back and you're...?
Cassie Laundrie: No.
Question: So you didn't know that he came back without the...?
Cassie Laundrie: I assumed he flew back, because that's what he did when he is - actually I don't want to say that.
Questioner: No problem. No problem.
Cassie Laundrie: I think that's more police stuff.

It is quoted here: ABC Exclusive: Full interview with Brian Laundrie's sister on Gabby Petito but the video does not show this specific interview exchange.

She clearly has information that she is not providing "I think that's more police stuff" and obviously as we all know, so do the police.

I’m sorry- this just isn’t true. We don’t know for certain WHERE he is. Just where his parents thought he is.

The one exception might be if his parents have both of their phones on their plan and consented for the company to share location data with police.

Otherwise I have trouble believing any cell phone company would release location data without a court order OR a credible threat of harm.
Possibly surveillance footage...

I'm enthralled in this case. I see the threads here are going so fast! I feel so bad for Gabby's family. She could be anywhere at this point. I just hope that BL hasn't harmed himself or killed himself in these woods if they think he went there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname