Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think given the revelation from the family who spotted the van, and the hitchhiking episode, LE now has a very good lead on what patch of territory to search for Gabby. I know they are going to find her, despite the difficult terrain.

As for BL, I hope his parents will come to their senses and cooperate with LE. By not doing so, they are increasing the odds of a very bad outcome for their son. Who knows what BL told his parents. Perhaps he portrayed a regrettable "accident" and they think they are protecting him. If this is the case, they should let an attorney work that out, and they should start cooperating immediately. Their son *could* possibly (amateur opinion and speculation), be a roaming threat to society, and himself. They don't want to know they enabled a horrific outcome if something goes wrong during a self imposed exit, or capture.

Let us hope they can get some clarity in the midst of this nightmare that no parent wants to have to wake up to.
Very sad all around.

Amateur opinion and speculation

I really hope they pur some focus on the West side of the Tetons and Yellowstone West gate for sightings of the van, Gabby and BL as well.

Realize FBI has not commented on all sightings but assuming BL was picked up while hitchhiking a bit north and east of Jackson Dam (see map) but his destination was back to the van which (unconfirmed reports) was apparently at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area (see map), what was he doing so far north of the camping area when he was picked up? If he did anything to GP, then wouldn’t it have been between the camping area and the area he was picked up hitchhiking and he was just trying to get back to the van (which was empty) and then leave to go back to Florida? I would be most interested in searching between the two areas (camping area and where he was picked up, more north). I don’t know why it would make sense to do something to GB all the way down where the van was (camping area) and then head north in foot, the be asking for a ride to go back down south to the van at the camping area “return to Gabby”. I think something happened between the camping area and the area further north where he was picked up.
I think he killed her and disposed of her near the spread creek campsite and then, in a panic had to create an alibi by hiking north to near colter bay.........clean himself up and hitchhike back to the van, telling the people who picked him up MORE than they needed to know about "fiancé" being back at the campsite busily working on her vlog..... this way, if gabby had been discovered dead, it wasn't the loving boyfriend who hurt her because he was out hiking by himself toward colter bay and while he was gone, lo and behold, someone assaulted and killed Gabby. He could then say that when he got back, she wasn't there and he thought she had left him so he drove home to mama. The whole hike to colter bay was to cover up for his dastardly deed. He wasn't equipped for that hike, but he had to leave stuff at the campsite to make it look like someone was there.

I’m getting the vibes that they went somewhere deep and he left her there. He tried to leave her before with the van, but was unsuccessful. This time he lured her into the wilderness and ditched her. Murder but not with his bare hands.

That’s why he didn’t have any stuff he left it with her probably when she was sleeping.

I’m pretty jaded & suspicious but I don’t get any sense of deception with Miranda/hitchhiking story. And I don’t find it weird they gave him a ride or that she’s posting videos getting the word out. I find her actions sincere & believable. I’m sure she easily empathizes with Gabby. Plus young outdoor people are generally a very caring “community” even with strangers. It’s consistent with my outdoor experiences over the years. We all tend to look out for others & offer aid when needed when you’re far from the burbs.

Agreed. How many people are going through their footage if they were in that area because they saw her or other people talking about it on TikTok? I don't think it's bad when LE is still trying to narrow down an exact timeline that can be corroborated in order to pick out the most promising search areas.

Hi All - first time poster here. Not sure if this has been discussed already, but has anyone other than the parents actually seen or spoke to BL?

I ask because everything I have read seems like it’s coming from the parents. The lawyers messages seem like they are coming on behalf of the Family and not BL himself (which seems strange as BL is an adult himself). The police have spoke to the parents, but I haven’t seen anywhere where they have said they have Actually SEEN him with their own eyes?

Somebody must have saw him or spoke to him between Sept 1 - Sept 10.

It all seems very strange to me as I would have thought at least one person would have come forward to discuss an interaction with him during this time (unless I have missed something).

Seriously, no wonder they were fighting about the state of the van and her attempts to straighten it out. He wanted to get going for the day after sitting around while she worked on her website. She wanted to bring things into some semblance of order before they took off. I'd be really irritated if my partner sat around while I worked instead of organizing that mess.

Come on now. Sitting around? Looks to me like he was off skateboarding. ;)

I believe her. Look at her texts to her mom. I'm not young but I hitchhike sometimes, and pick up hitch hikers now and again. Mostly young females because i'm a mom and I worry about that. But i live on an island with only 900 people. . thankfully , i've not met anyone shady yet.
With this sector of people things are much more relaxed. This is something I used to do in my younger days and it's not uncommon to make lifelong friends from someone who wanders into your life. People are very trusting and open, I'm sure it hasn't changed much in the decades since I was doing this.

bbm
Thanks for that post, @Alethea. I've been thinking that bbm part from the very beginning, so your comment is helpful. I also don't understand why the attorney isn't local. Family friend? Have the parents done business with this person on other things that were in his field of practice and geographic area? Of course, we don't know how much the parents know about the happenings out west. (Perhaps something like, "I don't know what happened to her, Mom, Dad -- she went on a hike while I took a nap, and she never came back. I'm very worried about her and I love and miss her so much. I'm sorry, but that's all I know. Poor me.")
I'm a bit curious about how cooperative Brian is with his attorney, I'm thinking maybe not so much.

Realize FBI has not commented on all sightings but assuming BL was picked up while hitchhiking a bit north and east of Jackson Dam (see map) but his destination was back to the van which (unconfirmed reports) was apparently at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area (see map), what was he doing so far north of the camping area when he was picked up? If he did anything to GP, then wouldn’t it have been between the camping area and the area he was picked up hitchhiking and he was just trying to get back to the van (which was empty) and then leave to go back to Florida? I would be most interested in searching between the two areas (camping area and where he was picked up, more north). I don’t know why it would make sense to do something to GB all the way down where the van was (camping area) and then head north in foot, the be asking for a ride to go back down south to the van at the camping area “return to Gabby”. I think something happened between the camping area and the area further north where he was picked up.
I think he killed her and disposed of her near the spread creek campsite and then, in a panic had to create an alibi by hiking north to near colter bay.........clean himself up and hitchhike back to the van, telling the people who picked him up MORE than they needed to know about "fiancé" being back at the campsite busily working on her vlog..... this way, if gabby had been discovered dead, it wasn't the loving boyfriend who hurt her because he was out hiking by himself toward colter bay and while he was gone, lo and behold, someone assaulted and killed Gabby. He could then say that when he got back, she wasn't there and he thought she had left him so he drove home to mama. The whole hike to colter bay was to cover up for his dastardly deed. He wasn't equipped for that hike, but he had to leave stuff at the campsite to make it look like someone was there.

Actually we don’t know for sure he was ever there at the house. Nobody saw him including his own sister per her interview. So there’s that!
That’s also true- I mentioned that earlier. Who or where is the police officer that supposedly pulled him over on the 1st? Why was he pulled over? What was his demeanor? Is there body cam footage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member