Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the campsite they could have walked to the river, then headed north. I am guessing Gabby is with him at this point, or her body is near the van (which could be easily located IMO). The distance from the campsite to the river is ~4 miles.

ETA, since they haven't found her yet near the van, she could be in the river :(

Could have went to the Cunningham cabin for photo ops. Or even, just for kicks they went back there at night for fun and games. Got confused on the way back and walked to the snake river instead of spread creek. so followed it for a while thinking it was spread creek. A night of awful walking and never finding the van, they bicker over directions, and then ... he shows up at Coulter Bay. Maybe he hitched a ride thinking he was going back to the van and actually goes further away. He realizes his mistake and gets a ride from the Tik Toker

But it would be hard to not run into others, even so. The couple said all the dispersed spots were taken. To get to remote hikes would mean going through more populated areas, imo.
So there could have been another camper literally waiting as he pulled out, apparently on the 30th? There must be more people calling FBI.

This thread is moving too fast. What video are y’all talking about?
This Video, however, I don't see what the other members are seeing. There's something just above the short tree in the left side of the frame @1:43-1:44.
Looking at satellite photos, it could be a treetop across or in the creek, it could be a spiderweb with a leaf inside, or a camera artifact. There seems to be a lot of
artifacts when you slow the video + compression.

Attachments

• Questionable_Capture1.JPG
    Questionable_Capture1.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 110
And why is there only 1 flip flop? I have zoomed in and out and only see 1. Both BL and GP wear that style but GP have the thinner top straps like in this pic. No one is walking in just 1 flip flop or just bringing 1 flip flop inside the van. Can anyone else find both?
2 at the back, visible in screenshot posted earlier

I don't think she was deceased in that.van!
Cadaver dogs would.get.the scent and Brian would have been more than a POI!
Should could have been in there if she was strangled before he decided how to dispose of her. If it was daytime he harmed her too many cars passing on that road. We don’t know if a cadaver dog has searched the van or even hair analysis back from a crime lab if any was found and sent in. Casey Anthony’s mom and Dad both said it smelled like a dead body in the trunk when her car was picked up by George, Caylee was missing but CA wasn’t arrested right away. Plus BL was home on sept 1st he had plenty of time 10 days to clean that van before it was taken.

Police in Florida investigating the disappearances of Gabby Petito and her fiancé, Brian Laundrie, have obtained some cell phone tracking data for them — but still need to secure search warrants to get “complete access.”

Investigators in North Port aren’t able to track the phones’ real-time locations, though they now have limited access to information about the couple’s movements, according to ABC7 reporter Jeff Butera.

“They need search warrants for devices. North Port PD is still working to get ‘complete access’ to the phones,” Butera wrote on Twitter.
Gabby Petito case: Police have obtained cell tracking data

I may be wrong, but I don't believe they were parked at a " campsite" per se' . It looks to me like they just parked there, It appears too rough and rocky to pitch a tent. I guess you could, but I would think there are much better spots to camp than there? This is odd to me. Why just park there unless there are things to see within walking distance like the dash cam people said they heard there was. All I see is a bunch of scrub brush and sand.

The same reason you overnight in a Walmart or cracker barrel parking lot. Its an available spot where few spots can be found.

This Video, however, I don't see what the other members are seeing. There's something just above the short tree in the left side of the frame @1:43-1:44.
Looking at satellite photos, it could be a treetop across or in the creek, it could be a spiderweb with a leaf inside, or a camera artifact. There seems to be a lot of
artifacts when you slow the video + compression.

It's not a person. I watched it on a pc monitor. It's part of the terrain and the poor video quality makes it look like it moves.

She could have been in there if she was strangled before he decided how to dispose of her. If it was daytime he harmed her too many cars passing on that road. We don’t know if a cadaver dog has searched the van or even hair analysis back from a crime lab if any was found and sent in. Casey Anthony’s mom and Dad both said it smelled like a dead body in the trunk when her car was picked up by George. Caylee was missing but CA wasn’t arrested right away. Plus BL was home on sept 1st he had plenty of time 10 days to clean that van before it was taken.
I believe cadaver dogs are frequently challenged in court proceedings, too. I think they are useful but the science on them is still relatively new, they're not infallible, and there needs to be a lot more for a good case, in my opinion.

Yes, but we don't know what color it was. I also think he would try to cover a tarp with vegetation, too.

I still believe that he was checking on her but it is just a theory.

I think, when his original plan may have been to leave the van there, make it look like Gabby had a tragic barefoot hiking accident after they “broke up”, and make his own way back to Florida, he would have left the body exposed.

However, I think he panicked, realised he’d told the Tiktoker too much, went back and made a better effort to hide the body, before making his way back to FL in the van.

Purely speculative and just an opinion though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member