Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever happened was worrisome enough that the Laundries hired a lawyer and asked for advice on what to say and do. That lawyer said to say absolutely nothing to police or to anybody. The Laundies are doing exactly what their professional who is supposed to be their best advocate and knows the rules, law and consequences of how to respond , is telling them to do.

I suspect the attorney did not take into consideration the publicity firestorm.

If she is dead, and BL found her as such, they (including lawyer) do not have to tell police. If BL left her in a situation of imminent danger to life, then Lawyer has to say so if BL told lawyer.

I am hoping she is still alive. But with all this publicity out there, it doesn’t look good.
I don’t know about that… if nothing else history has shown us the mainstream media lives for these types of stories. It was not going to fade away. Lawyers know this. Least of all with the added layer of their social media platform stemming from the trip behind it. IMO

So, the most recent Red White & Bethune Youtube vid that shows the van... the van has stickers, but not as many as in other more recent photographs(?). Does Laundrie really seem as though he'd be the type of guy who would be attentive to stickering had he been involved in something horrific/tragic? He does not, to me. And, remember, it's probably not likely that he even knew that there was any documentation of the van in that camp. To me, this suggests that Petito - who, to me, seems far more likely the sticker aficionado, placed the stickers on the van subsequent to RW&B's vid.
There were less stickers on the van at the Moab stop than there were when NPPD Seized the van.

Attachments

• brian van.jpeg
    brian van.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 46
@timestamp 1.08 on the left, there's a nice empty campsite not far from where the van is parked. The op also said there was a huge gravel lot to camp in before they decided to drive to the back.

They are parked right next to the creek where they are. It looks like a nice spot to me. Shaded, maybe can hear the creek babbling. Open teh back doors and you can probably get nice sunset pics without leaving the van.

Petito's family are aware of the clip and have said they "believe this is the van for multiple reasons."

Police are yet to verify whether or not the van shown is the white FordTransit used by the couple, investigators confirmed to Newsweek.

In response, a statement on the Find Gabby Facebook page read: "We have this video, so does the FBI - We believe this is the van for multiple reasons. Please do not clog up the tip line with the same video. This is in the hands of the right people.

“Thank you so much, this is exactly why we are asking people to review older photos and video."
Video could show Gabby Petito's van during mystery period
It even had Florida plates that’s what caught their attention because they are from Florida

I would park there too... That's just kind of how it works on the road when you're on a budget, sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Is there any evidence they pitched a tent at other camp sites? I am wondering why people keep asking where the tent is when these people have a van to camp in...
Yeah, if you look at her Insta posts, it seems like a lot of the time, they pitched a tent and slept there, and used the van for cooking and hanging out.

I would park there too... That's just kind of how it works on the road when you're on a budget, sometimes you have to take what you can get.

Is there any evidence they pitched a tent at other camp sites? I am wondering why people keep asking where the tent is when these people have a van to camp in...

They have a 8 or 9 minute Vanlife introductory video that shows them in a tent. Doesn't mean they actually use it much though. Could have just been for Instagram pics.

This is a great catch. I noticed in some of the other insta posts that it seemed like that was her habit. Makes sense because it would keep dirt out of the van and tent. BL told the Moab police that one of the things that annoyed her was when he got dirt from his feet in the tent and van.
Also, the angle of the flip flops to me indicated that she took them off before getting in the rear. Maybe she was in the van? Was it hot out? Does the video indicate it was running? Would you need AC. Not sure of the temp this time of day.

So, then, can you come up with another high profile case where the last to see the missing

isn't saying a word?
Joran van der sloot, suspected in the disappearance of Natalee Holloway. His father and the two men spoke but he didn't until many years later.

Edited to add - And if I remember correctly, it was because his dad was a judge or something similar and knew the law well.

Last edited:
Agree 100%. Whatever happened, I don't think it happened in the van; more likely it happened on a hike. And I don't think she was transported in the van afterward or they would have found something and issued an arrest warrant.

Yes, it makes sense to me that they would walk from the van to the Snake River, rather than say, hike farther east up into the woods.

Of course, LE should be conducting searches all around the area, but the Snake River makes sense to me. He references staying out there a couple of nights in the conversation Miranda reports.

But we don't really know where they camped on the nights of 8/25 or 8/26. There is a supposed sighting on 8/25 (?) in Victor, Idaho, but the woman that reported it said they said they were heading for Yellowstone and she had suggested West Yellowstone. However, in the 8/25 video call with her mother, GP said they were in GTNP, not Yellowstone. GP has plans to meet up in Yellowstone later, after 8/29 with her friend Rose, so I see no reason why they would enter West Yellowstone and drive to GTNP only to drive back up again 3 or 4 days later.

Based on these ideas, the van could have been at Spread Creek as early as the night of 8/25 and/or 8/26.

three new stickers are added when the police took control of the van
View attachment 313285
Oof, this breaks my heart. There was intention to be in this van, and those stickers were a point of pride in the journey. I just think of her putting them on, excited to go new places and collect more stickers.

As someone that is relatively new to WS, do threads normally move at this speed or is this particular story unprecedented in terms of the interest it's generating on here!?

I literally cannot keep up :eek:

This one is moving pretty fast. I've been in fast threads but this one is something else. I think the last time I saw a thread this fast was Summer Wells & before that, AJ Hadsell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77