Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Realize FBI has not commented on all sightings but assuming BL was picked up while hitchhiking a bit north and east of Jackson Dam (see map) but his destination was back to the van which (unconfirmed reports) was apparently at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area (see map), what was he doing so far north of the camping area when he was picked up?

If he did anything to GP, then wouldn’t it have been between the camping area and the area he was picked up hitchhiking and he was just trying to get back to the van (which was empty) and then leave to go back to Florida? I would be most interested in searching between the two areas (camping area and where he was picked up, more north). I don’t know why it would make sense to do something to GB all the way down where the van was (camping area) and then head north in foot, the be asking for a ride to go back down south to the van at the camping area “return to Gabby”.

I think something happened between the camping area and the area further north where he was picked up.

Attachments

• 4A39F17B-6E42-4C35-A901-FD8E9635C550.jpeg
    4A39F17B-6E42-4C35-A901-FD8E9635C550.jpeg
    716.1 KB · Views: 36
So according to the coordinates and the TikTok hitchhiking account - the attached map would show the areas of interest.

Hitchhiking starting point: Colter Bay Village
Drop off: red pin, Jackson Lake Dam
Dotted path: Google suggested walking path to the dot where the van was spotted.

3Hr, 51Mn walk
12 miles
Thank you for this. Will you please add the Google link? TY :)

Those are all very valid questions. But technically she didn't have to turn up alive for the scenario I presented to have been plausible. Something could’ve happened to her upon their parting of ways. Which if anything could further explain why he’s hiding: I imagine he’d feel responsible even if he physically wasn’t. Maybe now he’s regretting his earlier silence. Maybe he was silent to protect her of something. There’s still so much we don’t know. What is known to be true right now is that she’s disappeared. Completely. Without a trace. Which is why the scenario I presented is still plausible to me. As of now I haven’t seen any signs pointing to her not being with us anymore and IMO such traces are just as important as a sign of life. Maybe that’s naive of me but it’s just how I feel about things at this moment given what I’ve seen thus far. But honestly anything could be true for all I know.
None of it explains not at least telling her parents he's not with her. Her parents were worried not only initially about Gabby, but about him. They were worried that they hadn't heard from either Gabby or Brian, and the Laundries weren't even returning a single message for over a week to let Gabby's family know that Brian was home and Gabby wasn't with him. Additionally, he took her only mode of transport and let's not forget Gabby had her own cellphone and could have, had she been left behind somewhere, call a friend or someone for at least a ride. No, even if the initial assault was a mistake, the entire Laundrie family has since treated Gabby like an inconvenient piece of garbage. Sorry to be so blunt, but I have absolutely no grace for the way the Laundries have behaved throughout this ordeal. And to then most likely (imo) help their son disappear and further suck the life out the focus of Gabby being the victim <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
When
I have started to wonder if BL never said anything to his parents and wouldn’t even answer them when asking about GP. I know the lawyer has made statements on behalf of the family, but is it possible it’s really only on behalf of the parents and their request for him to protect BL as much as possible even if not actually representing BL? Just a thought as I try to understand what the parents are doing and why the lawyer has had such strange statements for the family.
When Casey Anthony’s parents found her and brought her back to the house she didn’t tell her parents anything about Caylee I don’t remember when she told lies Zanny the nanny or Zenada Gonzalez took her, so it is possible he wouldn’t tell his parents anything either

I can only speak for myself but I have never lost a client. I am actually concerned about the competence of his lawyer since his lawyer is not admitted to practice law in Florida and he practices REAL ESTATE in New York. So I don't know why he feels competent to advise a client in a jurisdiction in which he is not admitted in such a serious case involving a missing person. In much less serious matters I have recommended and facilitated a client hiring a local attorney who can help on the day-to-day issues in jurisdictions where I wasn't admitted or in cases outside of my core practice areas.

Being investigated for a potential homicide is not the time to cheap out and call a family friend. And it's borderline unethical for the attorney IMO.

bbm
Thanks for that post, @Alethea. I've been thinking that bbm part from the very beginning, so your comment is helpful. I also don't understand why the attorney isn't local. Family friend? Have the parents done business with this person on other things that were in his field of practice and geographic area? Of course, we don't know how much the parents know about the happenings out west. (Perhaps something like, "I don't know what happened to her, Mom, Dad -- she went on a hike while I took a nap, and she never came back. I'm very worried about her and I love and miss her so much. I'm sorry, but that's all I know. Poor me.")

So could this explain his freak out in the hitchhiking story, if he thought they were taking him down 191 near the campsite and they went the other way to Jackson, he wanted out as soon as possible so he could get going the right way?

I have the same theory but I think he realized they were on a different road that put him a little closer to the damn instead of taking 191. I think he knew exactly where he wanted to get out and was never really going to Jackson.

Realize FBI has not commented on all sightings but assuming BL was picked up while hitchhiking a bit north and east of Jackson Dam (see map) but his destination was back to the van which (unconfirmed reports) was apparently at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area (see map), what was he doing so far north of the camping area when he was picked up? If he did anything to GP, then wouldn’t it have been between the camping area and the area he was picked up hitchhiking and he was just trying to get back to the van (which was empty) and then leave to go back to Florida? I would be most interested in searching between the two areas (camping area and where he was picked up, more north). I don’t know why it would make sense to do something to GB all the way down where the van was (camping area) and then head north in foot, the be asking for a ride to go back down south to the van at the camping area “return to Gabby”. I think something happened between the camping area and the area further north where he was picked up.
That makes more sense.

BL did talk about his fiance and said she was with the van while he went out camping solo.
yes, i read incorrectly thank you for pointing that out!! """That was kind of weird," Baker said in the video, noting that Laundrie did mention his fiancé." (fox news).

I hope none of these eyewitnesses are doing this for attention and likes, because they are really narrowing down the timeline if they are (a) telling the truth and (b) not mistaking someone else for them.
I’m pretty jaded & suspicious but I don’t get any sense of deception with Miranda/hitchhiking story. And I don’t find it weird they gave him a ride or that she’s posting videos getting the word out. I find her actions sincere & believable. I’m sure she easily empathizes with Gabby. Plus young outdoor people are generally a very caring “community” even with strangers. It’s consistent with my outdoor experiences over the years. We all tend to look out for others & offer aid when needed when you’re far from the burbs.

Anyone with a timeline know if new information was released Monday or Tuesday that would have caused Brian to panic and flee? I know this was about the time he was named a person of interest. Anyone else have any insight on this? Because supposedly he was home for the entire first part of September- why run now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆