Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m really curious if there are cameras on that parking lot where the car was picked up by the parents.
A camera would have picked up everything.
Into the woods. Into another vehicle. Parents dropping him off rather than him leaving it there fir them to find.
I’m thinking somebody knows a whole lot more than we do to go out and organize this expensive search on these parents word only!

Agreed, I'd imagine there are parking lot cameras for security reasons. Also I wonder if they were able to pull business CCTV or Ring doorbell cameras along the way.

Once you obtain a permit for camping in this area, is it just whoever gets there first gets the spots? So no assigned type camping areas, just get the permit and find a spot? EVen if that is the case, won't the park services know who obtained permits for the same time that they did? Is this not how it works?

Permits are not required here.

Somehow I think too that she was with him on the way to FL, alive, sick or dead.
Did he drive all the way, or someone help him?

While this isn’t my Theory 1…..it’s always been in the back of my mind. I definitely think it’s possible and he’s arrogant enough to attempt it and I suppose if true….pulled that part off. I also don’t think the possibility of help didn’t come into play until he got back to FL(unless his parents met him out west- I figure LE has debunked that already behind the scenes). But that’s just my thoughts right now.

Another search location to consider is the J.P. Cunningham Cabin area on Hwy 191: Google Maps

J. P. Cunningham Cabin - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Directions from camp site: Google Maps

Considering they scored and found a nice dispersed camping site, they probably didn't want to take the van anywhere because they might not get a site again. So walking from site #5 on Forest Rd 30290, where would you go? I'd go check out the J.P. Cunningham Historic Cabin site, about a 3.6 mile walk. Perhaps they did that, things went south there, and Gabby is located between the cabin site and the river. Attached is a screen shot from the above google map.

I was looking also....there is a place called the wedding tree ...
and looking south...is interesting....

It seems to me that there were lots of people at the Spread Creek campground.
The Bethune video shows numerous vehicles pulled over to camp.
The Bethunes left because they couldn't find a camping spot as the camping areas were full.
There must be plenty of people who were back there and might now be recalling seeing Gabby's van.
jmho
I sure hope so, it's the best hope LE has for pinning down her location and finding her.

My big question on the tiktok account, who offers $200 for a 30-40 mile drive? That's like 10 times more than getting an Uber. Makes zero sense.
Also, this would definitely make a person remember seeing you. The only thing I can think is that was the intent. He wanted someone to remember the man who would pay $200 for a ride that said his fiancée was back at the van working and he had been out hiking/camping for a few days.

IMO, if that is the case, then he sets up his alibi for camping and hiking away from the van and even has witnesses to prove he was somewhere else because of the memory of the man named Brian that paid them $200.

If
I played it for my son, first at the .25 speed on full screen, then at normal speed. He immediately spotted the white bumper uninterrupted by the black space where the gap would be, if the door was open. If it was a tree or a shadow, it was levitating above the white bumper ;)

I'm not even sure it matters but I do think someone was in that van, and closed the back door as they heard another vehicle approaching.

jmo
If you blow up the picture of the van as they pass you can see her hat on the dashboard and in the bottom left corner of the window is a part of her face like she is laying back in the front seat. JMO

This family is pretty clever, unfortunately. Their plan worked. He's not in that preserve. He got out via another entrance and another vehicle. They would not have waited three days to report him missing. They would not have picked up his car. There was a plan.
My thoughts exactly. Would you leave your child stranded at the park by picking up their vehicle if you thought he might be there to commit suicide? Not me

The Bethunes left because they couldn't find a camping spot as the camping areas were full.
There must be plenty of people who were back there and might now be recalling seeing Gabby's van.
jmho
It's hard to find camping spots which is why I am wondering if they parked the van and opted to walk from there for a hike rather than drive to a trailhead and lose their spot. I was wondering earlier if they might have hiked to the Cunningham cabin.

jmho
A lot of the dispersed camping in the area is very popular. It is quite a challenge to get a campsite inside the 2 Nat. Parks there, even more so now that GTNP have gone to reservations only for their Campgrounds inside the park. You HAVE to have a reservation before showing up. It HAS to be made through the website and you need to bring the email confirmation.

Well they're not your typical "Leave it to Beaver" parents. Nor is the son.

But their actions so far have shown they only have BL's interests at heart. Not Gabby's, not Gabby's parents, no one else's but Brian's.

They've protected him and shielded him from LE so far, and lawyered-up straight away. This was all for Brian. I can't see that they would now suddenly not care.

I don't think it really matters much (or at all) but I was referring to the section of the video before the woman edits and slows it down.
Was it not as a result of the same action is what I'm asking?

What's extremely odd to me about this possibility, is why did he conceal himself? If he committed suicide, he made sure he would not be easily found also? I don't know. imo.

I’ve read the “suicide” possibility in the context of a couple articles.
What I took from it was more of “is it possible BL may hurt himself? Of course, it a possibility; can’t 100% rule it out” type of reply from LE when asked.
IMO

Gabby Petito case: 'Possibility' Brian Laundrie hurt himself in Florida, cops say

“As far as hurting himself in there, we don’t know that one way or another. I think it’s a possibility certainly,” North Port Police spokesman Josh Taylor said.

Last edited:
I would guess that they were told "no". LE cannot enter without the permission of the homeowner or a warrant. We need to keep in mind that LE was not made aware of Gabby being missing until the 11th, when the report was filed.
I've been questioning for days why LE didn't get a warrant and search Gabby's room. That is her home, her legal residence and she has been declared a missing person.

Ever since I read MassGuy's last post (that they shut down the search for him today, inclement weather or not), I can't stop thinking about what he said. I wonder if they've found him - deceased.

Last edited:
I know it's been suggested that BL's family is setting up a ploy to make LE think BL is dead and eaten by gators, never to be found, but honestly, this could be what really happened. Maybe he did go there to kill himself, unknown to his parents, and he won't be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong