Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m getting the vibes that they went somewhere deep and he left her there. He tried to leave her before with the van, but was unsuccessful. This time he lured her into the wilderness and ditched her. Murder but not with his bare hands.

That’s why he didn’t have any stuff he left it with her probably when she was sleeping.

If they were in the tent and he drove off intentionally, that would have to mean they were on a road of some sort. That van didn't have 4wd or high clearance, or a big engine so it would be an easily driveable road. Unless he beat her into unconsciousness, she would have been able to walk out and in 3 weeks someone would have found.. something.

Attachments

• 09C23FD8-1200-4B64-9B4C-2DA36B0BC23A.jpeg
    09C23FD8-1200-4B64-9B4C-2DA36B0BC23A.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 6E307FE4-701F-4820-897F-07C4637B316B.jpeg
    6E307FE4-701F-4820-897F-07C4637B316B.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 994
But it looks about as close as you can park to the creek. Perhaps I should have said creekbed to make my point clearer. Its not a bad place to park is all I mean.

You don't want to park too close to a creek in the the western US, especially in late summer. Too much danger of a thunderstorm and flash flooding.

Maybe there were some things that Gabby and Brian discovered they needed for their trip that was in storage and it was just decided to move everything out of storage and to his parents house while he was getting those items.
He flies all the way from remote Wyoming location to Florida, leaving fiancée alone with a van? Makes no sense
I think he left because something happened that caused a break in his relationship with GP.
Then he decided to go back and bring van to FL. What happened here? Did he simply lose contact with her snd decide to go back and find her gone or dead? Or go back to have a fight over who gets van and that he moved her stuff out and then something happens?

I was friends with this couple. Husband was always calm, cool and collected. Known him for 10+ years and never saw him get mad. Even when drinking. Turns out he had been abusing his wife for years and no one knew. She files for divorce and gets a restraining order. He murdered her in her home 2 years ago on Valentines. I NEVER would have guessed he was capable of doing something like that. You dont really even know people. Not really. Just because BL seems chill doesnt mean he isnt raging mad inside waiting to get her alone. You know he blamed her for them getting pulled over. <modsnip>

<modsnip> Brian is agitated when he gets out of the car (showing the adrenaline), but he's not angry. I would have been. In spades.

And he doesn't blame her for his injuries. If only she hadn't been holding that damn phone...he's really saying it was the phone's fault he has a swollen eye. He doesn't even really blame her for the steering wheel grab. He just mentions it to answer the officer's question about hitting the curb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have- I’m getting a Sprinter next year. But the Ford e-vans are a lot cheaper and have stayed cheap AND have 4x4. It was just a weird decision to get a dinky Ford transit when an e-van is pretty much the same price and much larger.
She said she wasn't comfortable driving that van very long, maybe she really didn't want anything even bigger than that. IMO

It’s a very important piece of information as it pretty much starts the timeline,' Petito's stepmother, Nichole Schmidt, told MailOnline. 'This new video of the actual van being seen on the 27th appears legit. That was the last location the van might have been seen. It’s a huge piece of the puzzle.'

'It’s essential and there might be more videos out there that people haven’t even realized they have yet,' she added. “If people were recording videos or just taking pictures, they need to start looking through their stuff.'

Meanwhile, Gabby’s mother dismissed the TikTok video that’s been widely circulated in which a young woman describes picking up a man she believed to be Brian on the 29th.

'We are not entertaining the TikTok video as legitimate due to the fact the timeline seems way off. Maybe she thought it was him, but I just know the timeline is off. The van left there the night of the 27th or early on the 28th. The van was in Florida on the first. It’s not possible for it to have been there on the 29th.'
Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online

I was friends with this couple. Husband was always calm, cool and collected. Known him for 10+ years and never saw him get mad. Even when drinking. Turns out he had been abusing his wife for years and no one knew. She files for divorce and gets a restraining order. He murdered her in her home 2 years ago on Valentines. I NEVER would have guessed he was capable of doing something like that. You dont really even know people. Not really. Just because BL seems chill doesnt mean he isnt raging mad inside waiting to get her alone. You know he blamed her for them getting pulled over. <modsnip>

Did you see your friend after he'd been hit in the face (LE notes swollen eye, scratches on face, neck and upper right arm), lit up by the cops, punched in the arm and (imo) had the steering wheel grabbed? Brian is agitated when he gets out of the car (showing the adrenaline), but he's not angry. I would have been. In spades.

And he doesn't blame her for his injuries. If only she hadn't been holding that damn phone...he's really saying it was the phone's fault he has a swollen eye. He doesn't even really blame her for the steering wheel grab. He just mentions it to answer the officer's question about hitting the curb.

Trying to keep up - I have seen the video of the van at the campsite.

So I am wondering, did they both set out to do a long hike together, something happened to Gabby on this hike (either by his hand or accidental), so he came back alone, freaking out, needing to get back to the van and wanting to get out of dodge ASAP? Then basically got back, hopped in, and started hightailing it home?

Another hypothetical scenario in my mind is the had another fight like what happened in Moab, and this time, no police intervened, and he DID actually leave her somewhere. I personally can see him doing that based on the footage from the Moab police stop - it seems like she really was worried at that time that he would just leave her. Maybe not permanently - maybe he gets angry, leaves her, cools down and gets his head back and comes back for her an hour, two later. But yes, I can see him getting angry and making her get out of the van. MOO. So if he does that in or near GT, he could potentially have done that prior to this "long hike" he supposedly went on. Maybe he was camping there at the site by himself? Did anyone actually see Gabby at the Spread Creek campground?

Or did he get angry about something, left her at their van at the campsite, took off on a two-day long hike, hitched back to the van expecting her to be there and she was gone? Waited around a bit, she never came back, he couldn't get in touch with her, so he just takes off?

No idea, but just some theories I have been thinking about.

I have- I’m getting a Sprinter next year. But the Ford e-vans are a lot cheaper and have stayed cheap AND have 4x4. It was just a weird decision to get a dinky Ford transit when an e-van is pretty much the same price and much larger.

She sold her Nissan vehicle (forgot the model) to buy the van.

Not sure she and her Dad would have thought the issues through if the right van pops up. ie: larger? 4WD? larger engine. Maybe it was tantalizingly low mileage

I wonder how much say BL had in the choice.

Last edited:
I’m way behind and this thread is moving lightning fast, so maybe already addressed. I just wanted to say that people are quoting things incorrectly as fact. JMO: Tik Tokker never said that she asked him what was in his bag she just mentioned that she observed that it seemed light. He told her he only had a tarp. Stop spreading things as fact when they are not. <modsnip> Again JMO.

If they were in the tent and he drove off intentionally, that would have to mean they were on a road of some sort. That van didn't have 4wd or high clearance, or a big engine so it would be an easily driveable road. Unless he beat her into unconsciousness, she would have been able to walk out and in 3 weeks someone would have found.. something.

They left the van and hiked somewhere deep to set up camp and he left her. JMO

Awesome on the sprinter. I have been going back and forth between converting something and just buying something like a Travato so my son and I can get started on our trips quicker. Of course, I need to stop talking to my wife about this missing vanlifer case before she gets to nervous about it.

It’s a very important piece of information as it pretty much starts the timeline,' Petito's stepmother, Nichole Schmidt, told MailOnline. 'This new video of the actual van being seen on the 27th appears legit. That was the last location the van might have been seen. It’s a huge piece of the puzzle.'

'It’s essential and there might be more videos out there that people haven’t even realized they have yet,' she added. “If people were recording videos or just taking pictures, they need to start looking through their stuff.'

Meanwhile, Gabby’s mother dismissed the TikTok video that’s been widely circulated in which a young woman describes picking up a man she believed to be Brian on the 29th.

'We are not entertaining the TikTok video as legitimate due to the fact the timeline seems way off. Maybe she thought it was him, but I just know the timeline is off. The van left there the night of the 27th or early on the 28th. The van was in Florida on the first. It’s not possible for it to have been there on the 29th.'
Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online
I respect her mother's opinion, but I think she's wrong in that I think it's possible for him to have been in the park as of the early evening on the 29th, and in Florida *sometime* on the first. If he left after getting to the van, say by 9:00 PM, he would still have, potentially, up to 72 hours to complete a 35-40 hour drive. Totally do-able.

FYI if not previously posted; Fox News Cable has A Gabby Petito Investigation segment tonight at 10 Eastern. Doubt anything new unless something breaks today. Where are you two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member