Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if they are telling the truth, it's now been about 5 full days since his parents last spoke to or saw Brian.

I'm thinking they are telling that much truth, at least. And since his MO seems to be fleeing back to where he feels safe & can count on being protected, I'm also thinking it's unlikely he would choose to go hide out in a swamp park, on his own, and supposedly carrying just a backpack.

What would be the point in that, after all? He would have to be delusional to think LE would magically stop being interested in him. And if he did kill Gabby & didn't put her body where it would be impossible to find, he must have worried every day since then that she would be found.

IMO, he's most likely to have already committed suicide, in that park.
If that (bold) was a genuine concern of his with merit wouldn’t she have been found already? And if not her something of hers? If he killed her he seems to have done a good enough job of hiding it… no body, no signs or traces of her at all, no blood, nothing in the van to insinuate a crime occurred, LE is more than a little stumped with no leads… the list goes on…

Last edited:
Driving half way across the country and hightailing it to mommy and daddy’s makes him guilty….at least of being a despicable human being(that’s assuming the theory of her going back with him isn’t true). Even if it was some freak accident and something happened to her out west. He left her there….or her remains there….presumably…..like a disposable piece of garbage. He deserves the vitriol and negative attention he’s receiving right now from those actions alone. MOO.
Freak Accident? Call 911. Or GO somewhere where you or someone else can call 911. eriod.
Murder? Run and hide. Don't tell anyone. Act normal.

Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online

However…
Gabby’s mother told MailOnline that she is 'not entertaining' a TikTok video that’s been widely circulated in which a young woman describes picking up a man she believed to be Brian on the 29th.

'The timeline seems way off. Maybe she thought it was him, but I just know the timeline is off. The van left there the night of the 27th or early on the 28th. The van was in Florida on the first. It’s not possible for it to have been there on the 29th.'
It is theoretically possible for the van to be there on 8/29 and back in FL on 9/1. So she must know something we don’t know about the confirmed timeline of the van.

I slowed the speed play down. It looks like there is something on the windshield of the vehicle they are driving that is casting a shadow in the video. I didn’t see what I felt to be doors open and later close. Just my perspective however..
I took stills that I haven't posted yet and I agree with you -- I think I can see someone in the driver's side. Maybe ducking as they drive by?

It is possible it is a gun case in the video, however it is rather deep. It is also very possible it holds camera equipment, testing equipment or any other variety of electronics as Pelican style cases are very weather and shock resistant. Whatever it is, I hope it is not evidence as it is being handled without gloves which just would not make any sense.

I don’t know how anybody could buy the “he went hiking” claim.

The entire nation is watching you after you invoked the 5th when you returned alone after a publicly posted vacation with your now missing girlfriend?

lol no you did not go hiking.

Right, like he's out for a casual stroll when the entire world is watching

….to add to the reasons Brian’s parents probably aren’t saying anything—IMHOO there’s a very good chance he committed suicide, and they may very well know or suspect it. No reason to beg for his return or go out and look if that’s the case.
I doubt he is dead from self harm, or any other way, JMO. But the folks, IMO, let him get away for 3 days before calling PD, then they waited another day to "remember" the bit about "seeing" the mustang at the reserve and driving it back home. They've got LE occupied for the next few days, while he can get even further away, or more deeply dug in to some counter culture that doesn't ask questions of a young kid.

I may have to eat my hat if we see a canopy going up in the reserve, but this is like a poor television script with the cops doing what they are told to do, more or less, by the family.

That 24 hour thing is a myth. It appears they waited between 2 and 3 days, as I think it was Friday that LE was told he was missing.

That's a massive head start.
You're right, it was Friday when the missing person report was filed. I thought it was Thursday.
No doubt a massive head start. I think it's fair to say we'd have to know if/when Brian said he'd be back.

No, definitely, DEFINITELY a gun case. My husband has one just like that. The padding is exactly the same. It appears that there is some other material in there, rags, a towel, or something, but it's for sure a case for a gun.
All hard cases have the same foam. The cases I had for my work equipment had the same foam and it was for electrical components.

So…my theory is that it went down pretty simply. At some point they got into a bigger fight than the one the cops arrived at. He lost control and killed her. Hid her body in the tent or the car top carrier or whatever else. Realized he screwed up big time. Called his parents, told them he screwed up big time (or made up a less evil-sounding sob story), drove home, and got the lawyer. If he wanted to leave the country, the swamps in Florida is not the place to be, so I think he went to kill himself, honestly. It would be the natural end to doing something terrible you didn’t necessarily plan (or mean) to do, and no longer being able to face it. The ones who stayed alive long enough to be arrested were the ones cocky enough to come up with a fake alibi to tell the cops. Brian never did this. Brian quietly went home, got a lawyer, and hid. Therefore he is not confident or cocky enough to come up with a fake story to hopefully pass anything off as an accident. Thus my theory is that he screwed up bad, he went home and got a lawyer because he knew he screwed up bad, and now he’s laying dead in the swamp (under the swamp) somewhere. I do hope that he left a note somewhere on his body for the police to find, so the family will have closure. All of this MHOO, of course.

Why should he be in the swamp in the first place?
I don't get this assumption at all.
Yeah yeah , his scent was there. So what? Does it mean he never left the place?

What proof do we have that he abandoned the Mustang there? The most important question :What kind of parents would bring the Mustang back home? Any parent will be frantic to find him. Not wait 3 days or bring the car back home. Waiting 3 days is the clearest indication that they wanted him to have a head-start.

He had a plan to escape. He didn't tell the parents because they might crack under pressure and they would have to eventually tell the police. But he knew exactly where he was going. Parents could have given him the money he needs.

Backcountry permits( I found infomation and not sure if its been shared)

Backcountry Permits - Grand Teton National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

A permit is required for all overnight stays in the Grand Teton backcountry. Permits can be purchased online in advance, or in park the day before.

Permits are available at the Craig Thomas Discovery and Visitor Center, Colter Bay Visitor Center, and the Jenny Lake Ranger Station.

Bear Country
Grand Teton is bear country! Grand Teton National Park requires the use of Interagency Grizzly Bear Committee approved canisters for food storage in the backcountry. All permit holders may check out a canister, free of charge.

Spread Creek doesn't require a backcountry permit - but there are certainly both kinds of bears there. I've only seen grizzles a handful of times in my life, and one of those was near Colter Bay. That same grizzly attacked and killed a man while we were there. We saw two more not far from Colter Bay (mom and cub, we were in our car, thankfully).

The van would be perfect for a stay at Spread Creek (we slept in the back of our 4Runner, with two dogs - very crowded, but preferable to sleeping outside in grizzly country). When I was a kid, a grizzly ripped open a tent at the Yellowstone Canyon campground and dragged a woman out (didn't hurt her too badly, there was a lot of screaming and many people came, bear left the scene). The woman was not obeying park rules about food in the tent, though.

The area has two kinds of bears (both larger than California bears, but one is the same species as the California bears - who are very unlikely to attack anyone, I think we have 4 deaths over 100 years here).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname